cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sewer Solutions Loose Connections?

longislandcampe
Explorer
Explorer
So I bought the sewer solutions kit knowing full well it wasn’t long enough for my home dump. I wanted to get it in my hands so I could see what I needed to finish my run. All I need is another 25’ hose. I’ll have the 10’ hose that it came with and attach the 25’ extension hose to it.

This will only be used for home dumping. I plan to use some worm drives when connecting the two hoses together but what about the pvc fittings? Should I cement them together? You’ve got the 90 degree elbow that attaches to the black dump cap. Should that remain removable?
6 REPLIES 6

Esacnj
Explorer
Explorer
I use the Red colored Valterra twist on coupler to connect 2- 20 foot hoses. No leaks.
Esacnj

stripit
Explorer
Explorer
Neighbor used a 1 inch PVC pipe and laid it on the ground using the 10 ft included flexible pipe from the rv. He seemed to like how that worked.
Stacey Frank
2016 Tiffin Allegro Bus 40AP
2019 Tesla Model X
2015 Cadillac SRX we Tow
1991 Avanti Convertible

opnspaces
Navigator
Navigator
I would glue and clamp everything that you can glue or clamp. While technically it should be low pressure after the pump so it should not need glue. All it would take is one clog or an inadvertent movement of the pipe to open a joint and let the sewage come out all over the lawn or wherever.
2001 Suburban 4x4. 6.0L, 4.10 3/4 ton **** 2005 Jayco Jay Flight 27BH **** 1986 Coleman Columbia Popup

enblethen
Nomad
Nomad
Get a second set of the fittings along with the 35 foot. hose. Make up a long hose for home and carry short one for the road.
You would then glue fittings with proper glue designed for this use.

Bud
USAF Retired
Pace Arrow

2003 Chev Ice Road Tracker

Bobbo
Explorer II
Explorer II
Why not get a 35' hose, remove the 10' hose, and not have an extra connection?
Bobbo and Lin
2017 F-150 XLT 4x4 SuperCab w/Max Tow Package 3.5l EcoBoost V6
2017 Airstream Flying Cloud 23FB

midnightsadie
Explorer II
Explorer II
I,d glue them ,or put a very short flex hose with clamps between them, you don,t want poo where you don,t want it.