cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Siriusxm

Cottontop
Explorer
Explorer
all my bills come in before they are due so I can pay them on time.
That is all but Sirius xm. No matter how many times I ask them they are always late.
1998 Beaver Patriot (Magnum)
FMCA- Good Sam - CAT (3126)
PT Cruiser AUTO with Remco 4down
61 REPLIES 61

beemerphile1
Explorer
Explorer
Keithk3628 wrote:
beemerphile1 wrote:
Keithk3628 wrote:
...The Amazon Prime seems to be working in my truck for free so far.

Again with the free statement. :h

:B

Do you pay extra for music, I don't.

I pay $99 a year for Prime, is that the money your talking about?

I think you like stirring the pot don't you. Oh well, stirring the pot is fun sometimes.

All other readers, Amazon Prime includes 2 million songs at no additional cost for free. I downloaded a couple 50's-60's albums onto my iPhone and listen in my truck. I don't think there is a coax or modem following my truck that they are mysteriously charging me for.

Keith

You and I both pay for Prime. Prime music is included, not free.

No coax or modem, you are consuming data on your phone to stream music.
Build a life you don't need a vacation from.

2016 Silverado 3500HD DRW D/A 4x4
2018 Keystone Cougar 26RBS
2006 Weekend Warrior FK1900

beemerphile1
Explorer
Explorer
Big Katuna wrote:
Iโ€™m a Prime member too.

Am I missing something?

How do I listen when I dont have WiFi or cell service?

You can't.

Big_Katuna
Explorer II
Explorer II
Keithk3628 wrote:
Big Kahuna, You got it, Except the phone acts like a phone and plays music too. LOL

Live music and truckers your out of luck with Amazon prime I believe. Whats a trucker station?

Road Dog channel 146

Different hosts, interviews, music. All about life on the road.
My Kharma ran over my Dogma.

Keithk3628
Explorer
Explorer
Big Kahuna, You got it, Except the phone acts like a phone and plays music too. LOL

Live music and truckers your out of luck with Amazon prime I believe. Whats a trucker station?

Big_Katuna
Explorer II
Explorer II
So itโ€™s using your phone like an iPod.

I want to listen to live radio. And the trucker station.

Keithk3628
Explorer
Explorer
Big Katuna wrote:

Am I missing something?

Not sure of your truck, but if you connect wirelessly to your phone, or with w usb cable and can make phone calls then you should be able to.

I put the free Amazon APP on my phone, then downloaded songs I liked to my iPhone from the Amazon site to my phone. Now whenever I get into the truck it automatically syncs to my phone and starts playing the music.

Every time since I started using Amazon it has automatically started, the one time it didn't I just opened the phone to the music page and pushed start and it played thru the truck again. So far I have no complaints and really like it.

If you have any music on your phone from anywhere it should also play thru the truck, I had a bunch of downloaded music from other places and it plays them too, just have to use phone to move to the song you want.

I have just started using my phone for music so I am not sure if you can use the trucks voice control to search for songs yet, me and that Ford lady don't always speak the same language, my wife always laughs at me when I get frustrated with her (the truck).

Keith

Big_Katuna
Explorer II
Explorer II

Am I missing something?

Keithk3628
Explorer
Explorer
kginder wrote:
Funny you guys should bring this up. I'm on the call every 6 months diet also.

Started 5 years ago when I was on the mostly music plan for about 200 bucks a year for 2 radios. I was driving to work and it was the day Christmas Traditions was turned on. Holly had been on for a couple of weeks already. I tuned to channel 18, and it bounced back to 17. Tried again and again. Nothing. Called customer service. She checked everything and said she would send a reset and hung up. I saw the reset happen and nothing. Called back. Another person checked everything for about 5 minutes and told me, oh you have the mostly music, 18 is on the select package. After a few back and forths I told him he had to be s*&^%n me, just because I don't want to listen to Howard Stern or the NFL games you are telling me I can't listen to my favorite Christmas channel for a stupid 6 weeks? I was fummin... get me to cancellation.
Told him about the Christmas channel and I'm done. He couldn't believe it either. Supervisor. Couldn't believe it either. I told them to cancel and they did. My account was closed and I got a refund.
They reopened my account with the select package for both radios for 6 months free so I could listen to Christmas Traditions. And now I do the 6 month negotiations.
Bunch of turkeys.
Keith

Yes I didn't look forward to have to call every 5-6 months to argue over a bill, and when i figured in my usage it was kinda dumb, i might have used the lifetime if it had been available but I was happy to find Amazon included the music, I use their Prime for TV, shipping, and now music so it works.

And the Christmas music was already on my phone, I had tp "purchase" a lot of Christmas songs because I sequence our Christmas display to music every season, you can't use any music on the software that isn't owned by you. So I would not be able to use Amazons Prime music on our Christmas show because it is not owned, just downloaded, I'm guessing here.

Keith

Keithk3628
Explorer
Explorer
Bumpyroad wrote:
downloading music is one thing. can you for free have access to the various news/comedy/etc. type of programming?
bumpy

I don't know, I was just trying it out for a choice from paying for Sirius, but I doubt it, I believe i read somewhere you would have to pay for their unlimited to get sports or news casts. I only listened to 2 channels on the Sirius anyway so it was really a waste to pay for all those channels when i only liked 2.

The Amazon thing fit perfect, and i'm only putting 3,000 miles a year on my new truck right now, so it really was a waste of even $30. I will probably put some more on the iPhone later when we start traveling more.

kginder
Explorer
Explorer
Funny you guys should bring this up. I'm on the call every 6 months diet also.

Started 5 years ago when I was on the mostly music plan for about 200 bucks a year for 2 radios. I was driving to work and it was the day Christmas Traditions was turned on. Holly had been on for a couple of weeks already. I tuned to channel 18, and it bounced back to 17. Tried again and again. Nothing. Called customer service. She checked everything and said she would send a reset and hung up. I saw the reset happen and nothing. Called back. Another person checked everything for about 5 minutes and told me, oh you have the mostly music, 18 is on the select package. After a few back and forths I told him he had to be s*&^%n me, just because I don't want to listen to Howard Stern or the NFL games you are telling me I can't listen to my favorite Christmas channel for a stupid 6 weeks? I was fummin... get me to cancellation.
Told him about the Christmas channel and I'm done. He couldn't believe it either. Supervisor. Couldn't believe it either. I told them to cancel and they did. My account was closed and I got a refund.
They reopened my account with the select package for both radios for 6 months free so I could listen to Christmas Traditions. And now I do the 6 month negotiations.
Bunch of turkeys.
Keith

Bumpyroad
Explorer
Explorer
downloading music is one thing. can you for free have access to the various news/comedy/etc. type of programming?
bumpy

Keithk3628
Explorer
Explorer
beemerphile1 wrote:
Keithk3628 wrote:

Do you pay extra for music, I don't.

I pay $99 a year for Prime, is that the money your talking about?

I think you like stirring the pot don't you. Oh well, stirring the pot is fun sometimes.

All other readers, Amazon Prime includes 2 million songs at no additional cost for free. I downloaded a couple 50's-60's albums onto my iPhone and listen in my truck. I don't think there is a coax or modem following my truck that they are mysteriously charging me for.

Keith

beemerphile1
Explorer
Explorer
Keithk3628 wrote:

Keithk3628
Explorer
Explorer
Beemerphile1

I sure thought I stated I pay for Prime, nothing is free for sure, and I don't think you need a continuous connection, I put a couple albums on my phone at home then drove to the Lowes and listened to the albums, not sure what connection your talking about.

If Sirius still had a lifetime at $399 I would buy it for my wife car, but for my truck it wouldn't pay. The Amazon Prime seems to be working in my truck for free so far.