cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Skipnchar

fla-gypsy
Explorer
Explorer
Does anyone have any information on our old friend Skipnchar? His long absence has me very concerned for his well being. Any information would be appreciated.

His credentials are untouchable;

Currently: Unknown

RVing since: 1957

No. of posts: 58,310 58,310 ( average posts per day: 12.94 ) View Posts | Notify Me of New Posts

This member is not responsible for opinions that are inaccurate due to faulty information provided by the original poster. Use them at your own discretion.

09 SuperDuty Crew Cab 6.8L/4.10(The Black Pearl)
06 Keystone Hornet 29 RLS/(The Cracker Cabana)
29 REPLIES 29

coolmom42
Explorer
Explorer
Sorry to hear he's given up RVing, but glad to know he is still having fun!
Single empty-nester in Middle TN, sometimes with a friend or grandchild on board

sele
Explorer
Explorer
Glad Skip is Ok I think he has helped us all at some point

I have had a couple of serious health issues in the last few years everything is under control currently. Skip would agree I am sure. Make every day count at our age they become fewer so we go as much as time and money will allow. If we stay home with nice weather here we enjoy our yard and just each others company. I feel for Skip hope he stays busy and happy as he can.
scott

MitchF150
Explorer III
Explorer III
I recall him saying he was in a pretty serious motorcycle accident maybe a year ago? His wife passed several years ago, again, if I recall?

I do hope all is well with Skip and he has just moved on to other things.

Mitch
2013 F150 XLT 4x4 SuperCab Max Tow Egoboost 3.73 gears #7700 GVWR #1920 payload. 2019 Rockwood Mini Lite 2511S.

Atlee
Explorer
Explorer
I knew why he wasn't active on the boards any longer, but I didn't think it was my place to say why.

In 2014, I was PMing him a lot during the time I was considering getting a F150 Ecoboost. I knew he had one of the first ones, and wanted to tape into his experience with Eco motor.

He mentioned to me then that his wife had passed away, and he had lost a lot of his enthusiasm for RVing, which I understood at the time.
Erroll, Mary
2021 Coachmen Freedom Express 20SE
2014 F150 Supercab 4x4 w/ 8' box, Ecoboost & HD Pkg
Equal-i-zer Hitch

kknowlton
Explorer
Explorer
Very good to know. He PM'd me also.
2020 Toyota Tundra CrewMax 5.7L V8 w/ tow pkg, Equal-i-zer
2020 Lance 2375

Steeljag
Explorer
Explorer
Really good to read......thanks gentleman !
2018 Forester 3011DS
2010 Flagstaff 26RLS (Sold)
2012 Ford F-150 Screw Ecoboost H/D 3.73
1930 CCC
Going where the weather suits my clothes !

dodge_guy
Explorer
Explorer
fla-gypsy wrote:
dodge guy wrote:
Thanks fla-gypsy. I didn't want to call if you called him. I figured he doesn't need everyone calling him.

Hope to hear from him soon!

We conversed via PM but he seemed in good spirits. He bought him a hot rod Mustang after selling off his RV and truck. He's still having some fun.

Good to hear! Glad he is still healthy and active!
Wife Kim
Son Brandon 17yrs
Daughter Marissa 16yrs
Dog Bailey

12 Forest River Georgetown 350TS Hellwig sway bars, BlueOx TrueCenter stabilizer

13 Ford Explorer Roadmaster Stowmaster 5000, VIP Tow>
A bad day camping is
better than a good day at work!

fla-gypsy
Explorer
Explorer
dodge guy wrote:
Thanks fla-gypsy. I didn't want to call if you called him. I figured he doesn't need everyone calling him.

We conversed via PM but he seemed in good spirits. He bought him a hot rod Mustang after selling off his RV and truck. He's still having some fun.
This member is not responsible for opinions that are inaccurate due to faulty information provided by the original poster. Use them at your own discretion.

Need-A-Vacation
Explorer
Explorer
dspencer wrote:
fla-gypsy wrote:
dodge guy wrote:
fla-gypsy wrote:
Skip has reached out to me and he has battled some health issues but is on the mend. He has made the difficult decision to give up the RV life for reasons that are understandable. I wished him well and blessed him and told him we still want to hear from him here to tap his knowledge. Those who have reached out to him should hear from him soon.

This was just recently? If so I'll hold off on contacting him.

Hope all is well!

Today!

Thank You so much fla-gypsy for the update. I actually live within an hour of him and I'm so glad to hear he is okay. I too can understand his having to give up the RV lifestyle, It's just good to hear that he is okay.

Doug

Yes, TY for the update! It is good to hear he is doing fairly well. But a bummer he no longer is able to enjoy the camper, but understandable as mentioned.

Hope he stops in soon!
Bubba J- '13 Chevy Silverado 2500HD LT CCSB 4x4 6.0

'16 Jay Flight 32 BHDS ELITE 32 BHDS Mods Reese DC HP

WDH Set Up. How a WDH Works. CAT Scale How To.

SCVJeff
Explorer
Explorer
Its unfortunate that allot of the good guys and their wisdom go away from the forum when they decide to change lifestyles. It should be like moving into management: You don't do the work anymore but still have the knowledge to share
Jeff - WA6EQU
'06 Itasca Meridian 34H, CAT C7/350

dodge_guy
Explorer
Explorer

Wife Kim
Son Brandon 17yrs
Daughter Marissa 16yrs
Dog Bailey

12 Forest River Georgetown 350TS Hellwig sway bars, BlueOx TrueCenter stabilizer

A bad day camping is

dspencer
Explorer
Explorer
fla-gypsy wrote:
dodge guy wrote:
fla-gypsy wrote:
Skip has reached out to me and he has battled some health issues but is on the mend. He has made the difficult decision to give up the RV life for reasons that are understandable. I wished him well and blessed him and told him we still want to hear from him here to tap his knowledge. Those who have reached out to him should hear from him soon.

Hope all is well!

Today!

Thank You so much fla-gypsy for the update. I actually live within an hour of him and I'm so glad to hear he is okay. I too can understand his having to give up the RV lifestyle, It's just good to hear that he is okay.

Doug

fla-gypsy
Explorer
Explorer
dodge guy wrote:
fla-gypsy wrote:

Hope all is well!

Today!

dodge_guy
Explorer
Explorer
fla-gypsy wrote:

Hope all is well!
Wife Kim
Son Brandon 17yrs
Daughter Marissa 16yrs
Dog Bailey

A bad day camping is