Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Slight tear on awning

dvitale300
Explorer
Explorer
Hi,

I have an electric awning on my TT which is about 5 months old. I never leave it extended while I'm away and am careful to retract when the wind blows.

I noticed this morning a slight tear, where the awning is sewn on, at the back of the awning on the right edge. Is there some kind of magic tape sold for RV's that I can use to fix this - or am I looking at a warranty repair if they'll cover it? thanks
6 REPLIES 6

dvitale300
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks Desert Captain - bought some Gorilla Tape - is it strong. Patched the tear and all is well. Will get it fixed under warranty next time I go in for repair (my repair shop is 50 miles away in another town).

Moved from Forum Technical Support

Desert_Captain
Explorer II
Explorer II
Had the exact same issue and used Gorilla Tape to make the on the spot repair. It has lasted so well I never felt the need to do anything further. I did place the tape on both sides of the tear, sandwiching the awning material between them. Everybody should have some Gorilla tape in their locker, this stuff is amazing!

:C

midnightsadie
Explorer II
Explorer II
I

dvitale300
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks - I'll pick up some tape until I can get it in for repair

guidry
Explorer
Explorer
Yes, try for the warranty. It shouldn't have a tear after only 5 months. But, yes, they do have clear tape for RV repairs. Good luck