cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

storage

anon125
Explorer
Explorer
Our 2006 30ft a class is stored in a nice barn. very dry.
Owner is selling the business.
So we will end up storing it on our slightly sloping driveway with a cover on it.
Do modern covers really breath?
Used to be they would cause mold.
what do i need to know.
thanks all
2006 Itasca sunova 29r
6 REPLIES 6

anon125
Explorer
Explorer
Have contacted the company
thanks guys
2006 Itasca sunova 29r

Fisherman
Explorer
Explorer
anon125 wrote:
what happens to the rubbery roof antenna?

Fisherman- what brand do you use?

thanks guys your great help is very much appreciated

I had the Gold Shield one, the only thing I added was a very light box made of 1x6 cedar, bulged top, to cover the antenna and couple of old cushions between the antenna and bathroom vent. Bone dry up there.
https://www.rvcover.ca/travel-trailer-covers/16-to-18-feet-long.html

Grit_dog
Nomad III
Nomad III
Campers covered outdoors in 2 of the wetter environments. South central AK and coastal PNW. No issues with moisture retention.
I could see a potential issue maybe in somewhere like the SE part of the country where a very wet environment is combined with warm temperatures. Unlike my experiences where wet generally also = cool or cold weather.
2016 Ram 2500, MotorOps.ca EFIlive tuned, 5โ€ turbo back, 6" lift on 37s
2017 Heartland Torque T29 - Sold.
Couple of Arctic Fox TCs - Sold

anon125
Explorer
Explorer
what happens to the rubbery roof antenna?

Fisherman- what brand do you use?

thanks guys your great help is very much appreciated
2006 Itasca sunova 29r

Fisherman
Explorer
Explorer
I used one for the last 3 winters with no problems, left the bathroom vent open 1/4 inch. Doors on trailers don't seal all that well so there was always some air movement. I leave all drawers and cabinets open and any under bed or seat storage is also open.

Lwiddis
Explorer
Explorer
Yes, they breathe. I like my Goldline cover from NationalRVCovers. Expensive however.
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad