cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Storm damage at wind Creek State Park

gaymeadowsman
Explorer
Explorer
Yesterday the Southeast was hit by another round of severe storms from Texas to the Carolinas. With lots of tornadoes and wind damage. Here in Alabama we had many cases of extreme "Straight Line Wind" strikes.

Wind Creek State Park took a direct hit with with winds near 70 miles an hour. These pictures are from a Facebook member who was there.

John ๐Ÿ˜›
Ted :R

in search of the next one
2010 Chevy Silverado Ext Cab LT
2015 Chevrolet Impala LT
8 REPLIES 8

2oldman
Explorer
Explorer
A1ARealtorRick wrote:
when the forecast is for severe weather so far ahead of time, as this was, common sense needs to come into play.
Yep. To anyone reading this, please, don't EVER stay camped under tall trees during high winds.
"If I'm wearing long pants, I'm too far north" - 2oldman

RetiredRealtorR
Explorer
Explorer
2oldman wrote:
What a horror show. Too bad nobody paid attention to warnings and got the heck out.

Naturally I feel for these folks, but I must agree with you. I remember high-tailing it out of an RV park west of Chicago a number of years ago because we woke up one morning to the news that severe weather was rapidly approaching. Did a full disconnect and a toad hook-up in less than 15 minutes, and made a bee line south.

Tornadoes themselves give little warning, but when the forecast is for severe weather so far ahead of time, as this was, common sense needs to come into play.
. . . never confuse education with intelligence, nor motion with progress

BarneyS
Explorer III
Explorer III
That is so sad to see! Thank God nobody was killed or seriously injured. Seems almost hard to believe.

I feel so bad for those people. I suspect that some might have been full timers trying to self quarantine during this pandemic. Many also could have been snowbirds on their way home. No matter though as it is a shame to see all that damage to those nice rigs and trucks.
Barney
2004 Sunnybrook Titan 30FKS TT
Hensley "Arrow" 1400# hitch (Sold)
Not towing now.
Former tow vehicles were 2016 Ram 2500 CTD, 2002 Ford F250, 7.3 PSD, 1997 Ram 2500 5.9 gas engine

2oldman
Explorer
Explorer
What a horror show. Too bad nobody paid attention to warnings and got the heck out.
"If I'm wearing long pants, I'm too far north" - 2oldman

naturist
Nomad
Nomad
A minor miracle just one minor casualty. From the looks of it, coulda been multiple fatalities. Wow.

gaymeadowsman
Explorer
Explorer
cavie wrote:
OUCH!! Hope no one was hurt.

Only one woman was reported to have a minor cut to her head after she was trapped in her fifth wheel.
John ๐Ÿ˜›

2015 Chevrolet Impala LT

cavie
Explorer
Explorer
OUCH!! Hope no one was hurt.
2011 Keystone Sprinter 323BHS. Retired Master Electrician. Retired Building Inspector.

All Motor Homes are RV's. All RV's are not Motor Homes.

gaymeadowsman
Explorer
Explorer
and more pictures.

John ๐Ÿ˜›

2015 Chevrolet Impala LT