cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Takes All Kinds at a Dump Station

Happytraveler
Explorer
Explorer
I can't believe people sometimes. We were at a dump station in Truckee and this couple with a 17 or 18 ft. travel trailer were cleaning, dumping and filling up with fresh water repeatedly. You could see this woman through the window working her butt off inside. They were there for an hour and careless about other people in line. I guess its always a first.
Charlie, a male Soft Coated Wheaten Terrier
Katie, a female Soft Coated Wheaten Terrier
43 REPLIES 43

Veebyes
Explorer II
Explorer II
cross21114 wrote:
This thread sounds a lot like the ones about boat ramps!

A lawn chair and cooler of beer makes for some great entertainment.

One of the many parallels between boating & RVing. I think boatramps are more entertaining because alcohol usually enhances the entertainment.
Boat: 32' 1996 Albin 32+2, single Cummins 315hp
40+ night per year overnighter

2007 Alpenlite 34RLR
2006 Chevy 3500 LT, CC,LB 6.6L Diesel

Ham Radio: VP9KL, IRLP node 7995

TimnJo
Explorer
Explorer
Yup, the effects of three days of too much alcohol, too little sleep and the prospect of a long drive home can have a deleterious affect on the abilities of most anyone to absorb even minor inconveniences.
2010 Carriage Cameo 36FWS
2018 Silverado 3500HD D/A Double Cab Dually LT

Ralph_Cramden
Explorer II
Explorer II
cross21114 wrote:

Doesn't it ever lol. My campsite of choice overlooks the dump stations which are about 150' away down over a hill. I'm there right now for 2 weeks and Monday I get to watch the fiasco when the holiday weekend crowd all tries to leave at the same time. Two years ago a couple of idiots almost went to fisticuffs. Theyll be lined up 20+ deep blocking the incoming traffic and intersectio n to the different loops with no one having any common courtesy whatsoever. They'll be jockying for position like the last 5 laps of the Daytona 500. I can't wat until Monday. Its great fun.
Too many geezers, self appointed moderators, experts, and disappearing posts for me. Enjoy. How many times can the same thing be rehashed over and over?

cross21114
Explorer
Explorer

Chris
2018 Nexus Ghost 36DS
360 Cummins, 3000 Allison
2016 Ford Expedition

Sillybugs2
Explorer
Explorer
Veebyes wrote:
If folks only thought a little the process could be speeded up quite a bit.

I like the ones who pull ahead after dumping & stop with their inlet right next to the potable water spigot, not leaving the next vehicle room to get close to the dump because they have not gone forward enough.

Most of us have at least a 25' length of FW hose meaning that we can go 20' plus fwd of the FW spigot Giving the guy behind that much more room if he needs it to get close to the dump with minimal hose needed.

Yes you can. We did that twice this year to avoid lines. But we dont mind pulling a full load others may not want to do that. We have also come home and then go to local dump site the next day.
2016 Hideout 28BHSWE
2008 Dodge Ram 3500 SLT 6.7L diesel 6 speed auto SRW longbed

SoundGuy
Explorer
Explorer
SoundGuy wrote:
... the solution isn't to continue whining about others' behaviour at the dump station or to make snarky remarks about someone you don't even know but to take control of the situation - for those that can, a waste macerator is the solution. ๐Ÿ˜‰

spoon059 wrote:
Send me a PM letting me know what time you can come down to Maryland to install a cleanout plug for me and purchase/install the macerator for me.

I wouldn't have any idea how to install a "cleanout plug" as I've never done it - I merely installed a T on my house sewer stack and ran an extension to the outside world - simple. :B

2012 Silverado 1500 Crew Cab
2014 Coachmen Freedom Express 192RBS
2003 Fleetwood Yuma * 2008 K-Z Spree 240BH-LX
2007 TrailCruiser C21RBH * 2000 Fleetwood Santa Fe
1998 Jayco 10UD * 1969 Coleman CT380

shelbyfv
Explorer
Explorer
That first honk would have the effect of suspending me in a tub of molasses....

down_home
Explorer
Explorer

kellertx5er
Explorer
Explorer
SoundGuy wrote:
3 pages of discussion a.k.a. ARGUMENT - all reasons why I haven't been to a dump station in years and instead service the trailer tanks at home using a FloJet Waste Macerator. Why so many others continue to beat themselves up over dump station etiquette, or more correctly lack thereof, will always continue to be a mystery to me. :h

We use dump stations because MOST of us do not have facilities or equipment at home. In nearly every case, we are also PAYING for the use of that dump station.
Keller TX
'19 Chevy 2500HD 6.0L
'09 Outback Sydney 321FRL 5er
SUPPORT TEXAS STATE PARKS

spoon059
Explorer II
Explorer II
SoundGuy wrote:
It isn't, so you are :W ... the solution isn't to continue whining about others' behaviour at the dump station or to make snarky remarks about someone you don't even know but to take control of the situation - for those that can, a waste macerator is the solution. ๐Ÿ˜‰

Send me a PM letting me know what time you can come down to Maryland to install a cleanout plug for me and purchase/install the macerator for me. I'll send you my address when we've nailed down a time.

Until then, you could change your attitude (for free, right now) and stop thinking the world revolves around you. That would help solve the dump station problem, as well as your poor attitude about leaving outside lights on all night at campgrounds. Imagine that... two birds with one FREE stone!

Ah... but I dream...
2015 Ram CTD
2015 Jayco 29QBS

SoundGuy
Explorer
Explorer
SoundGuy wrote:
3 pages of discussion a.k.a. ARGUMENT - all reasons why I haven't been to a dump station in years and instead service the trailer tanks at home using a FloJet Waste Macerator. Why so many others continue to beat themselves up over dump station etiquette, or more correctly lack thereof, will always continue to be a mystery to me. :h

spoon059 wrote:
I hope you are sitting down, because you are about to be shocked... not everybody in the world is like you. Not everyone has a macerator and clean out at home... not everybody wants to lug black tank water 800 miles home... not everybody takes short enough trips that they can return home every time they need to dump the tanks.

Again... if sense, human decency and self awareness were more common, we wouldn't be having this discussion.

It isn't, so you are :W ... the solution isn't to continue whining about others' behaviour at the dump station or to make snarky remarks about someone you don't even know but to take control of the situation - for those that can, a waste macerator is the solution. ๐Ÿ˜‰
2012 Silverado 1500 Crew Cab
2014 Coachmen Freedom Express 192RBS
2003 Fleetwood Yuma * 2008 K-Z Spree 240BH-LX
2007 TrailCruiser C21RBH * 2000 Fleetwood Santa Fe
1998 Jayco 10UD * 1969 Coleman CT380

spoon059
Explorer II
Explorer II
SoundGuy wrote:

I hope you are sitting down, because you are about to be shocked... not everybody in the world is like you. Not everyone has a macerator and clean out at home... not everybody wants to lug black tank water 800 miles home... not everybody takes short enough trips that they can return home every time they need to dump the tanks.

Again... if sense, human decency and self awareness were more common, we wouldn't be having this discussion.
2015 Ram CTD
2015 Jayco 29QBS

Michelle_S
Explorer II
Explorer II
Yes, we're not all Weekend Warriors. And while we try to find Full Hook-up sites, if you use State, Federal, and Corp of Engineer parks you will find yourself at the dreaded Dump station.
We're booked into a COE in Oct for a week before we head South, so we'll have no choice but to dump before leaving.
2018 Chevy 3500HD High Country Crew Cab DRW, D/A, 2016 Redwood 39MB, Dual AC, Fireplace, Sleep #Bed, Auto Sat Dish, Stack Washer/Dryer, Auto Level Sys, Disk Brakes, Onan Gen, 17.5" "H" tires, MORryde Pin & IS, Comfort Ride, Dual Awnings, Full Body Paint

Veebyes
Explorer II
Explorer II
SoundGuy wrote:

The vast majority of us do not have that luxury. Some of us do not even have a home to take it to. Using a CG dump is the ONLY way for us.
Boat: 32' 1996 Albin 32+2, single Cummins 315hp
40+ night per year overnighter

2007 Alpenlite 34RLR
2006 Chevy 3500 LT, CC,LB 6.6L Diesel

Ham Radio: VP9KL, IRLP node 7995