Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Those dang mineral streaks

Gonzo42
Explorer
Explorer
CLEANLINESS IS NEXT TO IMPOSSIBLE !

Seriously, I have tried to scrub away the mineral streaks left by the rain, and particularly on the nose cone. I did not want to use anything abrasive, and tried a number of cleaners plus plenty of elbow grease.

Today I tried out something new for this. A cleaner called "Awesome". I comes in a spray bottle, and I already found it does a good job cleaning carpets of stains like oil, soft drinks, etc.

But, SURPRISE ! It cleans those mineral streaks with hardly any effort at all. I use the hard back of a sponge for scrubbing, and rinse it with clear water.

Its available at the 99 cent store and the Superior Grocery store, but may be available elsewhere. Normal is a spray bottle but gallon refills are also available.

My RV nosecone look better than ever.
MOTHER SHIP Winnebago View 24H (2007 Dodge Sprinter 3500 Chassis, 2008 Body)3.0 L M-B Diesel V6 bought used with 24K miles. Toad: ROCKY the Flying Squirrel.
16 REPLIES 16

mosseater
Explorer
Explorer
Reliable RV Cleaner. Like magic.
"It`s not important that you know all the answers, it`s only important to know where to get all the answers" Arone Kleamyck
"...An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it." Col. Jeff Cooper
Sunset Creek 298 BH

Gonzo42
Explorer
Explorer
OK, copy that!
MOTHER SHIP Winnebago View 24H (2007 Dodge Sprinter 3500 Chassis, 2008 Body)3.0 L M-B Diesel V6 bought used with 24K miles. Toad: ROCKY the Flying Squirrel.

JimK-NY
Explorer II
Explorer II
A solution of ammonia will strip Zep wax off your fingernails or your RV.

Wishbone51
Explorer
Explorer
Gonzo42 wrote:
Interesting. Where is ZEP available?

Wear gloves. The product flaked off my skin, but I have really shiny nails, daughter approved.
2017 Jayco Jay Feather 25BH
2004 Nissan Titan

JimK-NY
Explorer II
Explorer II
Also Lowe's. I think I paid about $15 for a gallon. ZEP is applied in thin coats and a gallon covers a huge RV with more coats than needed.

fyrflie
Explorer III
Explorer III
Gonzo42 wrote:

Home Depot

Gonzo42
Explorer
Explorer

cpaulsen
Explorer
Explorer
Used Awesome on my 1st wheel...โ€ฆ..an older Aljoโ€ฆโ€ฆ..black streaks all over and tried everything to get them off. grabbed some Awesome and they came right off with hardly and trouble...โ€ฆ.then waxed the trailer and the streaks stayed away.
cpaulsen

phil-t
Explorer
Explorer
2oldman wrote:
Rain water is soft.

Maybe in NM! Not around here. All kinds of pollutents fall with the rain.
2014 Allegro 36LA

Wishbone51
Explorer
Explorer
JimK-NY wrote:
My RV always had black streaks until I switched to ZEP. That was over 2 years ago and the light streaks that occur just rinse off with the hose.

Just ZEP'd my travel trailer last weekend. Loved how easy it was to clean when I did it to my utility trailer.
2017 Jayco Jay Feather 25BH
2004 Nissan Titan

JimK-NY
Explorer II
Explorer II
My RV always had black streaks until I switched to ZEP. That was over 2 years ago and the light streaks that occur just rinse off with the hose.

Gonzo42
Explorer
Explorer
Duly noted. Will proceed with caution. Thanx for the advice.

theoldwizard1
Explorer
Explorer
Try vinegar. The stronger the better.

SoundGuy
Explorer
Explorer
Gonzo42 wrote:
Today I tried out something new for this. A cleaner called "Awesome".

But, SURPRISE ! It cleans those mineral streaks with hardly any effort at all. I use the hard back of a sponge for scrubbing, and rinse it with clear water.

Sure, and LA's Awesome will also destroy any graphics it touches. ๐Ÿ˜ž
2012 Silverado 1500 Crew Cab
2014 Coachmen Freedom Express 192RBS
2003 Fleetwood Yuma * 2008 K-Z Spree 240BH-LX
2007 TrailCruiser C21RBH * 2000 Fleetwood Santa Fe
1998 Jayco 10UD * 1969 Coleman CT380