cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

To good to be true- trailer mover

Chris_Bryant
Explorer
Explorer
One of those insanely cheap gadgets advertised on Facebook- little info, but for $80?
Trailer Mover

-- Chris Bryant
20 REPLIES 20

timmac
Explorer
Explorer
fj12ryder wrote:
I can see that it would work, if it were the lightest model made, which is for 3500 lb. trailer. It only has to carry about 500 lbs. or less, and it says nothing about how fast it will move. If it were geared very low, it could work. It wouldn't work long since I imagine all the inner workings are plastic and pot metal.

My main concern would be the idea that after ordering it, you would see neither your cash or the gadget. Yeah, the website is a scam would be my bet.

I have the 3500lb model and it does work, even in loose gravel and dirt and moves along at a good speed, works better than my manual trailer valet that wont work in loose gravel or dirt.

When I head out by myself it makes moving my stacker trailer easy all the way up to the hitch, it cost $2000 and is very well built.

This company here sells there brand for less, its what I have.

Remote Controlled Trailer Mover Rated 3500lbs. And Down Press. 650lbs,track Mounted Weighs 38lbs.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00SQQKORY/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o09_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

dodge_guy
Explorer
Explorer
Regardless of if its a scam or not. How is that thing not going to tumble over on itself either when it stops and the trailer keeps moving or when it turns? I don't like the design of this one!
Wife Kim
Son Brandon 17yrs
Daughter Marissa 16yrs
Dog Bailey

12 Forest River Georgetown 350TS Hellwig sway bars, BlueOx TrueCenter stabilizer

13 Ford Explorer Roadmaster Stowmaster 5000, VIP Tow>
A bad day camping is
better than a good day at work!

drsteve
Explorer
Explorer
Veebyes wrote:
Ever notice how these things are demonstrated under ideal situations?

If I were a true Redneck with a welder I'd make up some sort of triple wheeled as large as possible tires for soft ground, bogey with a bar that can be hooked to my small lawn tractor.

Yup. Always on perfectly level, dry concrete.
2006 Silverado 1500HD Crew Cab 2WD 6.0L 3.73 8600 GVWR
2018 Coachmen Catalina Legacy Edition 223RBS
1991 Palomino Filly PUP

Veebyes
Explorer II
Explorer II
Ever notice how these things are demonstrated under ideal situations?

If I were a true Redneck with a welder I'd make up some sort of triple wheeled as large as possible tires for soft ground, bogey with a bar that can be hooked to my small lawn tractor.
Boat: 32' 1996 Albin 32+2, single Cummins 315hp
40+ night per year overnighter

2007 Alpenlite 34RLR
2006 Chevy 3500 LT, CC,LB 6.6L Diesel

Ham Radio: VP9KL, IRLP node 7995

drsteve
Explorer
Explorer
$80 for a $4K item, and free shipping from China to boot...

Yeah, OK, whatever.
2006 Silverado 1500HD Crew Cab 2WD 6.0L 3.73 8600 GVWR
2018 Coachmen Catalina Legacy Edition 223RBS
1991 Palomino Filly PUP

free_radical
Explorer
Explorer
Chris Bryant wrote:
One of those insanely cheap gadgets advertised on Facebook- little info, but for $80?
Trailer Mover

Good luck getting your money back..
Their adress

Yiwu Hongmao Electronic Technology Co., Ltd.
No. 1341, Tongbao Road, Yusanli Street, Yiwu City, Zhejiang Province,

fj12ryder
Explorer II
Explorer II
I fell for one of these types of websites earlier this year. My BS radar detector went off when I found the site initially, and the price for what I was searching for was really low. Not "Oh My Gawd, that's crazy", but definitely "Wow, that is a really good price" cheap. But the website was such that it sent out a ton of bad vibes. So I ordered the part, and used a one-time credit card number so I wouldn't have my real credit card compromised.

I also took several screen shots of all the steps in the order process, so I would have backup, just in case. Which turned out to be a good idea since there was no order form copy anywhere to be found after the order was processed. No account info, no shipping address, nada. And there was nothing on the website that said the site was based anywhere other than in the USA, unless you happened to think the wording and syntax was off a bit in places. Which I did.

They said expect to receive my product in 2-3 weeks, which of course was the first overt red flag. 2-weeks, nothing. 3 weeks nothing. Email questions were sent, and email received said it was on it's way. After about 3 1/2 weeks I got a package worth about 1/10 of what I was supposed to get and resembled it in no way, shape, or form. After about 2 1/2 months of emails, and after getting the CC company involved, I received a charge back to my CC. No explanations, no apologies, no part.

I was never really worried because I had everything documented, and the CC company had no issues with stopping payment if I didn't get my stuff, but it all worked out in the end. "If it sounds too good to be true, it usually is".
Howard and Peggy

"Don't Panic"

bob213
Explorer
Explorer
That's only one of the bargains on that website. They have a 4 seater electric car that does 56 mph for $199. All kinds of too good to be true stuff available there!
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality โ€“ Ayn Rand

azdryheat
Explorer
Explorer
I found the mover elsewhere and the reviews were positive. Only thing is, it's $4k.
2013 Chevy 3500HD CC dually
2014 Voltage 3600 toy hauler
2019 RZR 1000XP TRE

MrWizard
Chris

reminds me of an ebay seller, a few years back

was adv solar panel tracking systems for $49 per panel

the real price was $499 per,

real product, bogus seller
I can explain it to you.
But I Can Not understand it for you !

Connected using T-Mobile Home internet and Visible Phone service
1997 F53 Bounder 36s

Big_Katuna
Explorer II
Explorer II
The product is for real but the real price is over $4K.

Scam or phishing.
My Kharma ran over my Dogma.

gbopp
Explorer
Explorer
If it sounds too good to be true......

fj12ryder
Explorer II
Explorer II
I can see that it would work, if it were the lightest model made, which is for 3500 lb. trailer. It only has to carry about 500 lbs. or less, and it says nothing about how fast it will move. If it were geared very low, it could work. It wouldn't work long since I imagine all the inner workings are plastic and pot metal.

My main concern would be the idea that after ordering it, you would see neither your cash or the gadget. Yeah, the website is a scam would be my bet.
Howard and Peggy

"Don't Panic"

wrgrs50s
Explorer
Explorer
In short, It's a scam !
Walter and Janie Rogers
2012 Sundance 277RL
TV 2006 Silverado 2500 6.0