cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Toilet Replacement

Buonies
Explorer
Explorer
I had started another thread pertaining to an apparent leak I have in my Thetford toilet https://homecarechoices.org/toilet-seal/. It is an Aqua Magic Style II with porcelain bowl. I was contemplating changing it to a Dometic 310 or 320. Has anyone done this?
A couple of concerns; researching the forum I see that the 310 also has leaking problems...this is confirmed in other searches so I'm not sure I'm accomplishing anything by changing brands.
The Dometic appears to have a different bolt pattern on the flange which will cause some issues I'm afraid. A 3/9 pattern vs 11/5 pattern will put my toilet where I don't want it to be. I've replaced lots of residential toilets but have not had issues with an RV toilet before.
I was going to tackle this chore in the morning but the more I read the more I think I probably need to stick with a Thetford and plan on changing it out every 3-4 years????
4 REPLIES 4

pismopete
Explorer
Explorer
I went from the aqua magic to the Dometic 320 with no problems. Hope it works out for you.

parkdep
Explorer
Explorer

neschultz
Explorer
Explorer
In February we bought a 2005 SunnyBrook that had the Aqua Magic Style II toilet. It needed about $90 in parts so we replaced it with a Dometic 320 because we liked our 310 in our last 2 TTs but wanted the elongated bowl. Our floor flange allowed the bolts to be put in the correct position but you wonโ€™t know that until you remove the existing toilet. We havenโ€™t had any leaks

It is my understanding that if you donโ€™t drain the line on the 310/20 the water valve will freeze easily and start leaking.
Norman & Janet with Minnie the Weiner Dog
2005 SunnyBrook 38 BWQS 5th Wheel (stationary in FL for snowbirding)

downtheroad
Explorer
Explorer
Where is it leaking...you certainly shouldn't need to completely replace your toilet every 3-4 years.

On a previous trailer with an Aqua Magic Style II when mine started leaking...not holding water in the bowel I just replaced the ball seal. The kit comes complete with step by step instructions and including a new floor flange seal for around $20.
"If we couldn't laugh we would all go insane."

Arctic Fox 25Y
GMC Duramax
Blue Ox SwayPro