cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Toilet with a chute ?

RV_daytrader
Explorer
Explorer
Any RV toilets that have a chute to guide the poop to the flange instead of being open inside ??
YODA...our lil Toyota!
1989 Toyota Seabreeze
18 REPLIES 18

Jebby14
Explorer
Explorer
i open the flapper and it falls straight into the tank, never had 'splash back' hope i never do
Q: Whats brown and sticky???

A: A Stick....

NJRVer
Explorer
Explorer
I swapped my original plastic toilet with a ceramic one. Don't have all that open space under the bowl.

Grit_dog
Nomad III
Nomad III
4x4van wrote:
I've been RVing for 32 years, and have absolutely no idea what you guys are talking about. WTH is a "chute" in an RV toilet? On every RV I have owned, the toilet bowl flushes/opens to the tank directly below, and I have never experienced "splashing" when flushing the toilet.

Remember, it takes all types...
2016 Ram 2500, MotorOps.ca EFIlive tuned, 5โ€ turbo back, 6" lift on 37s
2017 Heartland Torque T29 - Sold.
Couple of Arctic Fox TCs - Sold

Grit_dog
Nomad III
Nomad III
IAMICHABOD wrote:
The Thetford Bravura is made that way,that is the very reason I changed out my old unsanitary one.

It comes in low and high sizes.

But that one is made of materials that cause cancer to Californians, per their website!

Grit_dog
Nomad III
Nomad III
RV daytrader wrote:
Any RV toilets that have a chute to guide the poop to the flange instead of being open inside ??

A poop chute?? lol

CavemanCharlie
Explorer II
Explorer II
IAMICHABOD wrote:
CavemanCharlie wrote:
4x4van wrote:
I've been RVing for 32 years, and have absolutely no idea what you guys are talking about. WTH is a "chute" in an RV toilet? On every RV I have owned, the toilet bowl flushes/opens to the tank directly below, and I have never experienced "splashing" when flushing the toilet.

I too ; even after reading the comments ; am confused.

There is some drop there, especially when the tank it empty but never enough to cause any "splash" or problems.

Is this maybe because I've always had Travel Trailers and is there something different with you that have the big RV's ??

:h
Sometimes I think that people don't read the whole thread,the splash factor has nothing to do with the tank but in the design of the toilet itself as shown in the pictures on the link that I posted Look at the pictures and the green arrow, clicking on them make them larger and easier to read the graphic,start at the top then scroll down the last few pictures will show how the splash ends up between the inner and outer wall of the toilet.

I didn't see your second link. The link you posted the first time was just to a newer toilet design.

I am guilty of reading to fast. I became a speed reader in High School so that I could get the school work done quicker and then go out and party.

My toilet sets right on top of my black tank. There is no gap in there for stuff to get into like the one in the pictures. I don't know what brand name it is.

I don't have any problems with smell and I'm not afraid of getting germs from it.

To each their own. I understand that you want a better design and if that is what you want that is great. I'll stick with what I have until it fails. Then I may look into something better.

4x4van
Explorer
Explorer
IAMICHABOD wrote:

Sometimes I think that people don't read the whole thread,the splash factor has nothing to do with the tank but in the design of the toilet itself as shown in the pictures on the link that I posted Look at the pictures and he green arrow, clicking on them make them larger and easier to read the graphic,start at the top then scroll down the last few pictures will show how the splash ends up between the inner and outer wall of the toilet.

You're right; while I did indeed read the whole thread, I missed your link that explains it. Wow...I've never seen (or would ever expect to see) such a horrid design.

My first 2 RV's used Thetford toilets, the last one was indeed an Aquamagic (don't remember the model of the first; but I think it too was an Aquamagic), both used a knife-valve operated by a side-mounted foot pedal, but neither had that cavern design (perhaps because of the vintage? First was a 1979, second a 1988). Current RV (2004) uses a Sealand; it uses a ball valve; also no cavern.

I'm blown away by that link, and am amazed that any toilet manufacturer would actually produce something that bad. Even if it didn't "splash", just the likelihood of "crud" building up on an inaccessible area inside the toilet should've been enough to stop that design from ever becoming a reality.
We don't stop playing because we grow old...We grow old because we stop playing!

2004 Itasca Sunrise M-30W
Carson enclosed ATV Trailer
-'85 ATC250R, '12 Husky TE310, '20 CanAm X3 X rs Turbo RR
Zieman Jetski Trailer
-'96 GTi, '96 Waveblaster II

IAMICHABOD
Explorer II
Explorer II
CavemanCharlie wrote:
4x4van wrote:

There is some drop there, especially when the tank it empty but never enough to cause any "splash" or problems.

Is this maybe because I've always had Travel Trailers and is there something different with you that have the big RV's ??

:h
Sometimes I think that people don't read the whole thread,the splash factor has nothing to do with the tank but in the design of the toilet itself as shown in the pictures on the link that I posted Look at the pictures and the green arrow, clicking on them make them larger and easier to read the graphic,start at the top then scroll down the last few pictures will show how the splash ends up between the inner and outer wall of the toilet.
2006 TIOGA 26Q CHEVY 6.0 WORKHORSE VORTEC
Former El Monte RV Rental
Retired Teamster Local 692
Buying A Rental Class C

CavemanCharlie
Explorer II
Explorer II
4x4van wrote:

Super_Dave
Explorer
Explorer
When I took my toilet off the floor it appeared to me that there was ABS pipe between the floor and the black tank.
Truck: 2006 Dodge 3500 Dually
Rig: 2018 Big Country 3155 RLK
Boat: 21' North River Seahawk

opnspaces
Navigator
Navigator
I know exactly what the OP is talking about as it happens on my Thetford Aquamagic V (a very common RV toilet). There is no chute or tube under the flush valve. So when you flush the toilet the water and everything drops through the flush valve and into a big chamber that is the inside of the toilet base. At the bottom of the base it tapers back down to the hole into the tank.

So picture taking your RV toilet off the floor and putting a box on the floor with a 3" hole lined up with the black tank. Then put a hole in the top of the box and set the toilet on top of the box. Now when you flush the toilet the water drops out of the flush valve and down into the box. Once in the box it all splashes around until if eventually drains down into the black tank. That is how some RV toilets are designed, my Aquamagic V being one of them.
2001 Suburban 4x4. 6.0L, 4.10 3/4 ton **** 2005 Jayco Jay Flight 27BH **** 1986 Coleman Columbia Popup

IAMICHABOD
Explorer II
Explorer II
RV daytrader wrote:

Thanks Iamichabod...at least YOU know what I am talking about! I will check out the Bravura.

:B

The things I like is the foot flush, larger seat,the lid and seat comes off easily for cleaning. Also the water module is easy to access for hook up and if needed to be replaced it is simple,most others to replace a leaking water module you have to remove the whole toilet.
2006 TIOGA 26Q CHEVY 6.0 WORKHORSE VORTEC
Former El Monte RV Rental
Retired Teamster Local 692
Buying A Rental Class C

RV_daytrader
Explorer
Explorer
IAMICHABOD wrote:
The Thetford Bravura is made that way,that is the very reason I changed out my old unsanitary one.

It comes in low and high sizes.

Thanks Iamichabod...at least YOU know what I am talking about! I will check out the Bravura.
YODA...our lil Toyota!
1989 Toyota Seabreeze

4x4van
Explorer
Explorer
We don't stop playing because we grow old...We grow old because we stop playing!

2004 Itasca Sunrise M-30W
Carson enclosed ATV Trailer
-'85 ATC250R, '12 Husky TE310, '20 CanAm X3 X rs Turbo RR
Zieman Jetski Trailer
-'96 GTi, '96 Waveblaster II