cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Top 5 attractions

Turtle_n_Peeps
Explorer
Explorer
So because of my great parents, I have been RVing for over 50 years. I have been incredibility blessed in seeing and being in every state west of the Mississippi river. I have been RVing for almost 20 years by myself.

What I have learned over the years is that we live in a very beautiful nation! So I want to list some of the sites and attractions that "I" liked.

In no particular order here we go:

#1. Bryce NP. Just so beautiful! WOW!

#2. Arches NP. Just so cool!

#3. Silver Dollar City AP. Just feels like national pride and a really fun place!

#4. The Bad lands. Just so pretty with all the colors!

#5. Lincoln New Mexico. Sooooooo much history in this town. Like going back in time.

So; there is my list. What's yours? Lets see your list and why you liked it so much!
~ Too many freaks & not enough circuses ~

"Life is not tried ~ it is merely survived ~ if you're standing
outside the fire"

"The best way to get a bad law repealed is to enforce it strictly."- Abraham Lincoln
36 REPLIES 36

Padlin
Explorer
Explorer
Don't think I'll ever get to see it all, but so far for this east coaster...

Yosemite
Tetons
Arches
Sedona
Zion
Happy Motoring
Bob & Deb

W Ma.
12 F150 HD SCAB EcoBoost LB 4x4
14 Escape 5.0 TA

dapperdan
Explorer
Explorer
It's hard to pick just five.......

I guess for us the top five would be Going to the Sun Road (Glacier Nat'l Park), Niagara Falls, Mount Rushmore, the Redwoods and Wiseman AK.

Dan

Veebyes
Explorer II
Explorer II
We have done all of the states at least twice plus all but PEI of the Canadian Provinces. Like a trash truck, we have been everywhere. Only 5 eh?

Waterfront park, Seward, AK.

Meziadin Lake Provincial Park on the Cassiar Hwy, BC.

Icefields Parkway, Banff to Jasper, AB.

Dead Horse Point State Park in the Canyonlands.

Anywhere on the north shore of Newfoundland.
Boat: 32' 1996 Albin 32+2, single Cummins 315hp
40+ night per year overnighter

2007 Alpenlite 34RLR
2006 Chevy 3500 LT, CC,LB 6.6L Diesel

Ham Radio: VP9KL, IRLP node 7995

bukhrn
Explorer III
Explorer III
blownstang01 wrote:
DrewE wrote:

Letchworth State Park, New York -- This could very easily be a national park. Lovely waterfalls and hiking and so forth. (I also very much enjoyed Watkin's Glen; it was somewhat of a toss-up between the two.)

I live 15 miles from Watkins Glen and 1 hour from Letchworth. I love both places, but don't visit near as much as we should. Funny how we take what's in our own back yard for granted.
How very true, born & raised in Central & northern NY,
and never went to Thousand Islands, a whopping 29 mi. away, until we moved to Va.,or to Niagara Falls, but we're going there come August.
You know what they say, the grass is greener....
2007 Forester 2941DS
2014 Ford Focus
Zamboni, Long Haired Mini Dachshund

blownstang01
Explorer
Explorer
DrewE wrote:

Letchworth State Park, New York -- This could very easily be a national park. Lovely waterfalls and hiking and so forth. (I also very much enjoyed Watkin's Glen; it was somewhat of a toss-up between the two.)

I live 15 miles from Watkins Glen and 1 hour from Letchworth. I love both places, but don't visit near as much as we should. Funny how we take what's in our own back yard for granted.

djsamuel
Nomad
Nomad
Trying to do this, I realize how many great places my wife and I have seen. VERY difficult. however, here's my best attempt:

1) Grand Canyon (especially hiking down Bright Angel Trail)
2) Smoky Mountains National Park
3) Arches
4) Bryce Canyon
5) Yellowstone

I like each of these for different reasons, but want to return to all of them as well as others such as Canyonlands, Grand Tetons, Yosemite, etc. Plus this doesn't count places we're planning to see such as Rocky Mountain National Park, Glacier NP and Capitol Reef NP.

2013 Camplite 21BHS Trailer, Ram 1500 Tow Vehicle

Mannon89
Explorer
Explorer
Turtle n Peeps wrote:
So because of my great parents, I have been RVing for over 50 years. I have been incredibility blessed in seeing and being in every state west of the Mississippi river. I have been RVing for almost 20 years by myself.

What I have learned over the years is that we live in a very beautiful nation! So I want to list some of the sites and attractions that "I" liked.

In no particular order here we go:

#1. Bryce NP. Just so beautiful! WOW!

#2. Arches NP. Just so cool!

#3. Silver Dollar City AP. Just feels like national pride and a really fun place!

#4. The Bad lands. Just so pretty with all the colors!

#5. Lincoln New Mexico. Sooooooo much history in this town. Like going back in time.

So; there is my list. What's yours? Lets see your list and why you liked it so much!
:Having:B fun traveling down the road with my sweetie (spouse of 35+years)

janstey58
Explorer
Explorer
1. Grand Canyon
2. Black Hills
3. Washington, DC
4. Santa Fe
5. Ozarks
Jeff and Kim
2015 Fleetwood Discovery 40E
Freightliner Chassis 380HP DP
2012 Ford Escape Limited Toad

Rock_Wells
Explorer
Explorer
colliehauler wrote:
Unlike some my parents never took a vacation other then going to family. I discovered RV'ING on my own. Still have not found my top 5 but I will keep looking.:B

Agreed!!!
Rock & Nan Wells
'17 Ram Laramie 3500 Diesel 4x4
'17 Keystone Sprinter 297FWRLS FW

Jayco-noslide
Explorer
Explorer
Glacier NP is our #1. Yellowstone NP is best for seeing wildlife. Just about any national park is awesome.
Great Smokey Mt. NP is right up there also.
Jayco-noslide

bukhrn
Explorer III
Explorer III
We've seen many, or most of those mentioned along with Acadia NP, all the history around the Boston area, the Black Hills, Theodore Roosevelt NP, Big Horn Canyon Rec Area,Crater Lake, Sequoia/Kings Canyon, Northern Redwoods, and more, Loved them all, would be hard put to pick a top 5.
2007 Forester 2941DS
2014 Ford Focus
Zamboni, Long Haired Mini Dachshund

TomG2
Explorer
Explorer
This exercise is about like trying to pick a favorite child. Impossible. Can't believe not more mentions of Niagara Falls, but my favorites are the next five that I have not experienced yet.

jesseannie
Explorer
Explorer
Here is my lovely Annie's top five.

1. Zion NP
2. Grand Canyon the rim walk south side
3. Grand Tetons NP
4. Oregon Coast
5. Canyonlands NP

Annie

DrewE
Explorer
Explorer
It's really hard to limit it down to just five. The results may be different tomorrow...or even an hour from now. Not in any particular order:

Yellowstone National Park -- beautiful and unique in the world. Yes, it does get crowded during the summer.

St. Louis City Museum -- so much fun. It also can get busy at times.

Wrangell/St Elias National Park -- There are many beautiful places I got to see in Alaska, but this was perhaps the top of the list for me. The Brooks Range along the Dalton Highway, the Turnagain arm, and the general area around Stewart are also exceptional.

Ice Fields Parkway in Banff and Jasper National Parks (Alberta, CA) -- Stunningly beautiful.

shadows4
Explorer III
Explorer III
My top 5 would be:

1. Rocky Mountain
2. Mount Rushmore
3. Devil's Tower
4. Niagara Falls
5. Smokey Mountain NP

We have just scratched the surface of what this great country has to offer. Growing up we did a lot of camping most of which was within a couple of hour drive. Retirement I am hoping will be one big adventure.
2016 4X4 F350,CC,SB,Lariat,6.7L diesel,
2015 Coachmen Chapparal 324 TSRK
B&W Patriot 16K hitch.