cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Torklift GlowStep and GlowGlide

mlpeloquin
Explorer
Explorer
Installed the GlowStep on June 14,2016. We have been out several times using them. Great stability and would not want to be without them. Two days ago I installed the GlowGlide handrail. Our fifth wheel has the slide on the side that the support has to attach to. I was able to attach it to the front of the slide with out any problems. Have about a half inch clearance from the slide wall and the side support leg. My wife has a very high leg amputation and really needed a firm step. The GlowStep is great. Adding the GlowGlide handrail is icing on the cake. It provides a firm handrail for her to grip on to. It also comes with a brush that can be used with the handrail to wash your rig with. I store the rail in the side baggage compartment. It detaches by pulling the pins on the slide and rig. The bottom leg just pulls out. Well engineered. And was happy that it fits on the extended slide without a problem. So if you are a bit unsteady, the GlowGlide handrail is a good option.
7 REPLIES 7

BillB800si
Explorer
Explorer
We've had ours on our 2016 Windjammer 3029W for a few months now. I'm 76 (wife is younger)not much) and what a difference getting in and out of the trailer. Much easier. There's a bonus to these steps. Since they rest on the ground when you step on them there's no movement of the trailer. Before I could always tell when someone was about to enter the trailer.

Took me about 1ยฝ hours to install.

Happy trails,
Bill B. (S.E. Michigan)
2015 Dodge Ram Crew Cab 4x4 Hemi
2016 Rockwood Windjammer 3029W

JohnG3
Explorer
Explorer
Also have the GloStep. Got it for a test install/critique. Sent me replacement steps when the stainless steel washers between the aluminum steps didn't work out. If/when we trade trailers I will purchase a replacement.

The furry kids weren't happy with steps until I covered the steps with the Camping World step covers. The covers stay on and don't interfere with the deployment or retraction of the steps.
John and Elaine. Furry ones, Bubba, Buddy, Barney and Miss Chevious
2017 Tiffin Allegro Bus 40 SP
Know guns, know safety, know peace. No guns, no safety, no peace.

edatlanta
Explorer
Explorer
The GlowStep Revolution is the best mod I have made to my 5'er. My old back and knees love it.

Ed
KM4STL

2006 GMC 2500HD CCSB 4x4 Duramax/Allison, Titan 52 gallon fuel tank, Prodigy Controller, B&W Companion Hitch, Progressive Industries EMS-PT50C, TST Systems 507 TPMS
2010 Jayco Designer 35RLTS,Cummins/Onan RV QG 5500 EVAP
Fulltime since 2010

Moved from Forum Technical Support

Halmfamily
Explorer
Explorer
Love our Glowstep also. Very solid and makes getting into and out of the fiver much easier even for our fur babies.
2008 GMC Sierra 3500 SLT DRW D/A 4x4 (Big All)
2006 Ford F350 PSD SRW King Ranch 4x4 (Henry) (Sold)
B&W Companion, 90 Aux Fuel Tank, Scan Gauge II, Curt f/m hitch, Swagman XC
2015 Forest River Sierra 360 PDEK
DW Diane, DS Michael, FB Draco and Sabian

wcjeep
Explorer
Explorer
n7bsn wrote:
Have you tried it on very unlevel ground yet? I really like the idea of the GlowStep to go with the GlowGlide (which they gave me as a reviewer, before it hit the market), but would be concerned about ground that steeply slopes away from the rig.

Torklift has independently adjustable feet for the glow step. They work really well. I have the glow step and glow guide on my truck camper. Adding the adjustable feet was a must have.

n7bsn
Explorer
Explorer
Have you tried it on very unlevel ground yet? I really like the idea of the GlowStep to go with the GlowGlide (which they gave me as a reviewer, before it hit the market), but would be concerned about ground that steeply slopes away from the rig.
2008 F350SD V10 with an 2012 Arctic Fox 29-5E
When someone tells you to buy the same rig they own, listen, they might be right. When they tell you to buy a different rig then they own, really pay attention, they probably know something you don't.