Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Towing Altima on Trailer?

oldsmoboat
Explorer
Explorer
Long shot...
Anyone tow a Nissan Altima (2013) on a trailer? Curious about the tie down method.

I am not towing it behind our RV but I am towing it behind a Uhaul on a transport trailer (no dolly). I imagine Uhaul will be of little to no help. They can't even tell me if the rental comes with straps.

TIA
8 REPLIES 8

JRscooby
Explorer II
Explorer II
Boy, I better keep my keyboard shut on this one

Lwiddis
Explorer
Explorer
UHaul says โ€œMax load: 5,290 lbs.โ€

Nissan says โ€œ3,108 to 3,355 lbsโ€

Youโ€™re good!
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad

jdc1
Explorer II
Explorer II
The Uhaul car transport trailers come with over-the-wheels straps. I used one to deliver a car I bought for my grand daughter.

Beverley_Ken
Explorer
Explorer
I appears that your questions can be answered here. Uhaul web site.

Ken
2006 Winnebago Outlook 29B E-450.
2012 Honda CR-V AWD
Blue Ox Aventa LX tow bar and Brake Buddy Vantage.

rexlion
Explorer
Explorer
Talk to a couple of flatbed tow truck drivers; I'm sure they will be able to tell you what to use and where to attach.
Mike G.
Liberty is meaningless where the right to utter one's thoughts and opinions has ceased to exist. That, of all rights, is the dread of tyrants. --Frederick Douglass
photo: Yosemite Valley view from Taft Point

oldsmoboat
Explorer
Explorer
The transports are hard to find on a lot but that's an idea. I found a video on YouTube but there's no certainty it will be the same trailer. In fact, the reservation isn't even guaranteed. Too many people moving out of California.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xC5vPIZa_Ak
Just thought I'd give this a shot as part of the research.
Thanks

Lwiddis
Explorer
Explorer
Ask an experienced tow truck driver in Grass Valley.
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad

CA_Traveler
Explorer III
Explorer III
How about a call or road trip to Auburn or Sac to a different U Haul for advice?
2009 Holiday Rambler 42' Scepter with ISL 400 Cummins
750 Watts Solar Morningstar MPPT 60 Controller
2014 Grand Cherokee Overland

Bob