cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Towing behind a 2017 Freelander

larryherrington
Explorer
Explorer
Has anyone used a dolly on a Ford Ranger? I would like to do this, but I realize I would have to back it on with the headlights facing aft. I also know I would have to put a light bar up.

โš Please see the "Announcement : ★★READ BEFORE POSTING HERE★★" located at the top of this forum?
    "Forum Posting Help and Support is reserved for questions related to forum posting, signature and photo testing, or reporting member account issues. Please avoid using Forum Posting Help and Support for RV related questions, as doing so can delay responses to your thread. Instead, post in the RV Forum which corresponds to the subject of your topic. Thank-you!"
4 REPLIES 4

mowermech
Explorer
Explorer
Ye, you can do it. Just be sure to secure the steering wheel in the straight ahead position very firmly. Do NOT rely on the steering lock to hold it!
Yes, you will have to install magnetic towing lights or a light bar on it.
I see vehicles towed that way quite frequently around here all summer long.
Oh, and be sure you have a steerable tow dolly. I recommend the Kar Kaddy II dolly. Yes, it is pricey, but it is, IMO, the Cadillac of dollys. No, I do not have any financial interest in the company or any dealers.
CM1, USN (RET)
2017 Jayco TT
Daily Driver: '14 Subaru Outback
1998 Dodge QC LWB, Cummins, 5 speed, 4X2
2 Kawasaki Brute Force 750 ATVs.
Pride Raptor 3 wheeled off-road capable mobility scooter
"When seconds count, help is only minutes away!"

Moved from FORUM POSTING HELP AND SUPPORT

larryherrington
Explorer
Explorer
So don't do it--right. I defer to your opinion. I am new at this and sure do not want to make a mess

larry_cad
Explorer
Explorer
You're gonna get in trouble!
Today is my personal best for most consecutive days alive.

Our Travel Blog