cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Trailer Valet

mkirsch
Nomad II
Nomad II
Anyone else have one of these? For those who don't know what it is, it is a trailer dolly with a hand-cranked gear reduction that allows you to move trailers around.

My trailer is probably on the ragged edge of the maximum weight the V5 version can realistically handle. I had to move all the heavy items from the front to the rear of the trailer to lighten the tongue so it didn't look like the thing was going to break off. Also any time the going got a little tough, something was skipping inside the chain reduction box.

However, it got my trailer into its winter bay without having to get on and off the tractor 20 times, without having to unhook and rehook from different angles. I'm not sure I'd pay full price (~$400 or ~$600 depending on the version you get) for one, but it was well worth what I paid for it at the auction.

Putting 10-ply tires on half ton trucks since aught-four.
1 REPLY 1

kapnkirk
Explorer
Explorer
Mkirsch

I have a electric dolly I got off craigslist, not sure of the make, I used it for my boat till I sold it, then was going to use it to dolly my Lance TC around a corner that was always a pain to make the turn. Never got around to building the yoke to adapt it to the dolly.

Keith