cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Up once more

down_home
Explorer
Explorer
Bad day. Eggs are apparently a no no again. Drug around all day. Now the herniated disc and shouldrs and aarms and hands and the neuropathy in feet and everything else have conspired to keep me from sleep.
Took sleeping pill hours ago. Took ill for neuropathy too. Took Hydrocordone just a bit ago. Maybe it will ease the pain.
So here I sit until I hopefully can get to sleep. Worry and anxiety over the Kids' plight works on us both tremendously. Went down the aisle and prayed for the Kids Sunday. Pray every night and odd moment.

Extended Warranty plan ends next week and they want over 7,000 for just four more years, and all at once. Hard on Veterans pay and ss even from both of us and a Retirement account. Cost of everything is over three times since 09 it seems. No money for travel this year. Travel would do a lot of good. It helped last year the spirit and ignore the health problems some, sometimes a lot. Near four acres to mow tommorrow if it don't rain. High here today was 69 and cloudy but dry. High yesterday was only 73 or about the same. A hundred yards down the road can be 5 degrees warmer. The grass still wasn't dry this evening. Got several rolls of straw germination mat and seed to work on the hill. Going to need a lot more. Probably need a new mower by spring. neighbor bought a Dixie Chopper with a lot of power but only 54 in cut. Twin cooling fans on the transmissions and engine. Will hit 40mph+. Have to have a good suspended seat to do it here. Only paid 5,000. The four wheel drive job is 17,000. Need a UTV too to haul tools saws and chemicals. Impossible to carry it around here. Lots of work to do. Need a tractor to take care of the road up the hill, a continual nightmare. Other Owner won't cooperate and a real wash problem. Paving would be 20,000. Neighbor had two 18 month old Beagles take off this evening but didn't come back. Right size for the coyotes. He shot on of five the other day feeding a dead calf. Deer, coyotes and something with a big five towed paw are using the path out from the bedroom from across the road up the hill and points beyond and down the hill across the stream and up the other hill.
Church caame to bless the house late last month. Promised a get together here, pot luck. Wife is going to have to contact some to help organize it. Probably fill the place top to bottom. Love to have a bunch of folks come. Maybe I can get the Game Warden, Retired, to come. About time he got fixed up. Still got some expensive drainage work along the hill side and spring side of the drive. Maybe the Good Lord will help my back and so on and I can do it. Maybe the medicine is starting to kick in a little so off to bed perchance to dream of catching big bass some nice trout and touring Canada's lakes and streams. Pleasant Dreams

Sorry, I had to remove some Political content. My best wishes to you. Sandi (Moderator)
15 REPLIES 15

emzee
Explorer
Explorer
Sorry down home. I do add you and yours in my thoughts and prayers. I hope this day brings some relief, night time is the worst.

down_home
Explorer
Explorer
Up again. Bad hard pains in arms hands and fingers, baack and lower legs and feet and burning. Hard pains coming wavess. I don't know what caaused or causes it. Put a seal strip on a garage door. Incredable that it took three of us three hours or so. Might be the disc. Wasn't so bad until I liad down just burning.
Anyone up with me pray with me.
Going to taake another pain pill.

emzee
Explorer
Explorer
:B

southbound
Explorer
Explorer
Emzee glad is all o.k. with your cancer. As for us had the skin cancer removed from the side of my face by my ear, stitches are real pretty, get them out tomorrow.Husbands back still hurts but the shots and pain meds help. He is very active and that's good and bad sometimes overdoes it. Hope thats all for all of us for the year. Take care.
Southbound

emzee
Explorer
Explorer
southbound my hand and leg are both fine. My leg is the last one I had it done a couple of months ago. The doctor said to keep an eye on it, so that's just what I'm doing. It wasn't big, she gave me a few numbing shots and then I felt nothing when it was removed. I had stitches and was good to go. It looks fine, little red still. The other one on the back of my hand I had done in the hospital. It was done at the same time I had an incisional hernia repair (kill 2 birds I guess). It was a bit deeper than I had thought but no problem thank goodness.

Thank you so much for asking. I will get this MRI to the doc. I have been procrastinating about this for so long now. My dh has diabetes and has a lot of doctors he sees because of it and I think sometimes to myself, that's enough for now.

Hope all is well with you both!! ๐Ÿ™‚

southbound
Explorer
Explorer
EMZEE Forgot to ask how the cancer on the leg went and are you o.k.
Southbound

southbound
Explorer
Explorer
Emzee, My husband had a bad back from the military, this Feb he was working in the yard and his back let go. I posted most of this in Feb. He went to the nurosurgen who ordered MRI, had that done and then also the Dr. ordered a miligram, got that done. Then it was some choices to make. Have full back surgery,get shots, or have a minor sugery which would not do much. Since he has already gotten a shot in his neck and it did good we decided to go with the shots. I think they are some sort of steoid, but not sure. had shots done March and April and he felt pretty good.Still has to take pain meds but lower doeses but is able to live a full life, just being more careful until he lifted a 50lb of dog food that why the new shots. Some of what he has are herniated disc and bulging discs,and a few more things eventually he will probably need back sugery but the Dr. feels that if he feels o.k. with shots that is what he is sticking with.So tomorrow is the shot day.
Thank you all for writing positive about the my cancer thats Wed. Let you all know how it all works out. Glad to be able to talk what is on my mind in ths forum. As I have said I do the worrying. Thank you all and EMZEE get the MRI and go from there.
Southbound

emzee
Explorer
Explorer
Off topic but speaking of funny movies, We're the Millers is FUNNY!!! They do drive a motorhome so I feel safe talking about it lol!!!

Also, southbound, what is wrong with your dh's back and what kind of shots does he get. I ask because I have many issues with the back and scared to take my mri to a neurosurgeon like my doctor ordered.

I also had precancer on my head and had squamous cell carcinoma on my leg and back of my hand. Best of luck with that. Hope your dh's shots work out good.

downhome I hope today is better for everyone and you had a good night sleep.

lizbard
Explorer
Explorer
All my friends who have had to do treatment for cancer, one of the things emphasized is "Laughter is the best medicine". If you don't have any funny DVDs, borrow some or rent them. RV comes to mind of anything that can go wrong.... one person loved 3 stooges, another would like Red Skelton - he is one class act or how about Bill Cosby.

The DVDs can be comedy shows, stand up, etc. Saturday night live - especially the early years with Dan Akroyd, etc.

Good luck to anyone fighting illness. Now find your funny bone and laugh to get good endorphins to help with pain.

southbound
Explorer
Explorer
Downhome, we know how you feel. Monday DH is due for shots to his back once more, makes me a little scared, never know how they will turn our, Wed back to my dr for skin cancer surgery. Had one on my arm done two weeks ago and two on my head a year ago, this one is on the side of my face. As for our lawnmower it took this year to give us problems. We just hope it will keep on running until the grass stops growing. Like you we have a ton of grass to mow, and every time it gets mowed it rains and within a few days it's time to mow again. We are hoping that by Sept we can take a short trip. All depends on his back and my stuff. Hope things are going better with you kids. In this family I am the worry wort and my husband is layed back and takes things as they come.
You take care and I hope all goes well
Southbound

emzee
Explorer
Explorer
Down home, hope you finally got some sleep and I sure hope your pain can get managed better. Sounds like you have a huge place to care for, ever think of getting a smaller place so you can take off when you want and not have so much work??

classicdude, I will include you in my prayers. The very best of luck to you.

wny_pat1
Explorer
Explorer
RoadLife wrote:
One of the hardest addictions to give up is worrying. All Worrying does is stress the worrier out. Stress is not good for the body or the mind. When those worries attack, recognize it and force your thoughts turn to something more pleasant.

I went through this process and it took months and months of forcing my brain to turn off the worry button. Now I just don't worry about stuff much at all.

XXX--222!!! Excellent article about it in Readers Digest this month. "Happy Hunting" on page 124 in the October issue. Did you know that $100.000+ is the annual salary earned by the happiest Americans while $75,000 to $99,000 is the annual salary earned by the unhappiest Americans. Who would have thunk that!
โ€œAll journeys have secret destinations of which the traveler is unaware.โ€

RoadLife
Explorer
Explorer
One of the hardest addictions to give up is worrying. All Worrying does is stress the worrier out. Stress is not good for the body or the mind. When those worries attack, recognize it and force your thoughts turn to something more pleasant.

I went through this process and it took months and months of forcing my brain to turn off the worry button. Now I just don't worry about stuff much at all.
ROADLIFE

RV Part Timers Blog

2003 40' Allegro BUS - 2 slides
2013 Ford F150 XLT 4X4 OffRoad 2014 XC60 Volvo
Shasta - Australian Shepherd; Boomer - Brittany;
Pancho - border terrier

classicdude
Explorer
Explorer
Hmmm, sure sounds exactly like MY thought process. I get it! I have Leukemia and just found out it has become aggressive. Got a port Tuesday and am starting chemo in 2 weeks. A little loopy from pain killers, otherwise I probably would not have shared this. Best of luck from a kindred spirit!
2006 Trail Vision 19QB
2000 Silverado 1500 5.3 3:73
Drawtite WD 1000#