cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

What is happening with our members?

larry_cad
Explorer
Explorer
I've been a member here since 2004, and have learned a lot from this forum, and I still monitor it for new info, and to help newbies when I can.

Lately, I have been astounded by the number of members who have been on here for many years, have many posts, are labeled as SENIOR MEMBERS, and are asking genuine newbie questions.

Had one today where the OP is a "senior member", with almost 500 posts, has been a member since 2015, and his question was how do you fuel a gas truck with a trailer connected?

I'm like, how have you been doing it for the last 10 years? I mean, really? And this is not an isolated issue. Of course we are deluged with newbies due to the Covid rush to RVs, but did our senior members take a break during the pandemic, and while off, forget everything they had already learned? I could understand if the post was a tech problem that just occurred but fueling a truck pulling a trailer?
:h:?
Today is my personal best for most consecutive days alive.

Our Travel Blog
73 REPLIES 73

monkey44
Nomad II
Nomad II
We generally get good information or feedback about pretty much anything we ask on this forum. We generally read positive posts. We generally ignore negative posts. Luckily for RV.net, we get many more positive posts than negative.

Let's keep it that way as long as possible. ๐Ÿ™‚
Monkey44
Cape Cod Ma & Central Fla
Chevy 2500HD 4x4 DC-SB
2008 Lance 845
Back-country camping fanatic

IAMICHABOD
Explorer II
Explorer II
Walaby wrote:

Where do you put the trash can?
Where do you put your shoes when you take them off?
Where do you put your coat if you don't want to hang it in the closet?

Where does it end?

Mike

All of these questions have been asked and answered by a lot of members here.

Many of them have shown the mods that they made to do these things All that I have seen since I have been here are thoughtful and in some occasions very inventive.Also all the technical questions that are asked and answered.

Is this not what this Forum is supposed to be?
To share Ideas and be helpful and share the many collective ideas and wisdom of the members,

if not then the ones that seem to be bothered by this should go elsewhere to spew their divisive rhetoric.

That would make this Forum much better.
Just my take on this.
2006 TIOGA 26Q CHEVY 6.0 WORKHORSE VORTEC
Former El Monte RV Rental
Retired Teamster Local 692
Buying A Rental Class C

Walaby
Explorer II
Explorer II
Where do you put the dog bowl at home? Out of the way so you're not tripping over it.

Where do you put the dog bowl in a RV? Out of the way so you're not tripping over it.

The question about dog bowl is a ridiculous and stupid question. C'mon, really? Are some of you going to actually sit here and defend that is not a stupid question.

Where do you put the trash can?
Where do you put your shoes when you take them off?
Where do you put your coat if you don't want to hang it in the closet?

Where does it end?

Mike
Im Mike Willoughby, and I approve this message.
2017 Ram 3500 CTD (aka FRAM)
2019 GrandDesign Reflection 367BHS

fj12ryder
Explorer II
Explorer II
Sorry, I guess I always figured a bit of self-reliance was necessary to live as an adult. Seems like the internet has removed that requirement: Can't figure out which leg of those pants to put on first? Ask the internet.

We'll just have to agree to disagree. And I'm done, but yawl carry on.
Howard and Peggy

"Don't Panic"

Explorer II
Explorer II
JimK-NY wrote:
Years ago I learned the importance of correctly hanging toilet paper in my truck camper. After driving the vibrations would result in a yard or so of toilet paper on the floor of the camper. I learned to flatten the roll before putting it on the spindle.
Dang! We take it off the holder and put it in the cabinet to keep it from unrolling onto the floor. I never thought of flattening the roll, and I was too scared to ask.
2011 Ford F-150 EcoBoost SuperCab Max Tow, 2084# Payload, 11,300# Tow,
Timbrens
2013 KZ Durango 2857

JimK-NY
Explorer II
Explorer II
Years ago I learned the importance of correctly hanging toilet paper in my truck camper. After driving the vibrations would result in a yard or so of toilet paper on the floor of the camper. I learned to flatten the roll before putting it on the spindle.

rlw999
Explorer
Explorer
fj12ryder wrote:
Seriously? A person has to ask how to put out his dog's bowls, and how to hang his toilet paper? Obviously you put the dog's bowls in the refrigerator, and the toilet paper in the garage. Duh.

I guess I'm in the wrong forum, I used to think this was a place for experienced RV'ers to share tips and tricks, not to be called stupid because I don't know everything.

Like the tip I learned from Youtube that warned that the "waterproof" TP holder in my RV is not actually waterproof, so don't rely on it. Or the DIY fold down dog dish holder that holds the bowls securely and is easy to fold out of the way.

I guess I'm just not smart enough for this forum.

fj12ryder
Explorer II
Explorer II
In a big glass, nicely chilled, not iced. ๐Ÿ™‚
Howard and Peggy

"Don't Panic"

philh
Explorer II
Explorer II
propchef wrote:
I keep my TP in the fridge as well. Helps keep things nice and cool.

Where does the beer go?

propchef
Explorer
Explorer
fj12ryder wrote:
rlw999 wrote:
fj12ryder wrote:
As far as no stupid questions, how about the one someone posted on another forum: "Where do I put my dog bowls?" Or "Where do I hang the toilet paper?" They may not be totally stupid, but they are silly.

I don't understand what's silly about either question -- where *do* you put the dog bowls so they aren't in the way yet still in a consistent and convenient place for the dog? Where *do* you hang the toilet paper in your wet bath to keep it from getting wet when the "waterproof" cover has proven to not be waterproof.
Seriously? A person has to ask how to put out his dog's bowls, and how to hang his toilet paper? Obviously you put the dog's bowls in the refrigerator, and the toilet paper in the garage. Duh.

I keep my TP in the fridge as well. Helps keep things nice and cool.

fj12ryder
Explorer II
Explorer II
rlw999 wrote:
fj12ryder wrote:
As far as no stupid questions, how about the one someone posted on another forum: "Where do I put my dog bowls?" Or "Where do I hang the toilet paper?" They may not be totally stupid, but they are silly.

I don't understand what's silly about either question -- where *do* you put the dog bowls so they aren't in the way yet still in a consistent and convenient place for the dog? Where *do* you hang the toilet paper in your wet bath to keep it from getting wet when the "waterproof" cover has proven to not be waterproof.
Howard and Peggy

"Don't Panic"

Fizz
Explorer
Explorer
WOOSH*:R

rlw999
Explorer
Explorer
fj12ryder wrote:

way2roll
Nomad III
Nomad III
fj12ryder wrote:
^^^^^^^^^^^^True dat!!

Why are they silly? Calling on experienced people who have come up with creative solutions on how to do things is not silly. It's actually smart. Before I drill holes in the wall of an RV to hang a TP holder, I might be surprised to know that someone has come up with a really creative and non invasive way to do it on my particular RV (inside the cabinet door, suctioned to the shower glass, on the side of the bowl, etc etc). Pet bowls are another in the category of "where do I put them" as are litter boxes. Sharing creative solutions is a large part of why forums exist. I wish I had a dime for every time someone taught me a better way to do something. The perspective of calling questions silly is what deters people from coming here and asking.
2023 FR Sunseeker 2400B MBS