cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

What Was Your Most Valuable Lesson Here?

nomad297
Explorer
Explorer
There is so much to learn here, at RV.net, and it seems that most new members' posts are asking for advice. I know it's not just the new members who need help from time-to-time, because there is always something to learn when it comes to RVs.

What would you consider the most valuable or important thing you have learned here? Was there a particular member or members responsible for your solution?

My most valuable lesson was that ST tires should not be driven at speeds over their maximum rating of 65mph. I had no idea until I started reading this forum. There was no particular member who made me aware of this -- it was many, many members.

Bruce
2010 Skyline Nomad 297 Bunk House, 33-1/4 feet long
2015 Silverado 3500HD LTZ 4x4, 6.0 liter long bed with 4.10 rear, 3885# payload
Reese Straight-Line 1200# WD with built-in sway control
DirecTV -- SWM Slimline dish on tripod, DVR and two H25 receivers
85 REPLIES 85

suprz
Explorer
Explorer
Everyone has an opinion, good or bad
Proud father of a US Marine

the_bear_II
Explorer
Explorer
Don't assume the other driver will do what you expect them to do... Be ready for stupidity.

empty_nest
Explorer
Explorer
....... that the age of your RV tires is critical and how to tell when they were manufactured. Even though the tread looks good and without any visible signs, your tires are deteriorating from the inside out.
2008 38' Winnebago Adventurer
2012 Jeep Wrangler (Toad)
03 Ranger 520 DVX - 225 hp. Evinrude

popeyemth
Explorer
Explorer
It's not so much what I learned(and I've learned TONS),but the confidence I gained to chop into my NEW camper and mod it to make it more usable and to make repairs myself so they are done right and not the cheapest fastest way.
"wine is a constant proof that God loves us, and loves to see us happy" ben franklin

Vet_Man
Explorer
Explorer
Some good advise may be incorrect. Lots of good advice.
2008 Itasca Sunrise 35A
2008 Honda CRV Toad
2016 Chev ZR1 Colorado Toad

"We Traveled To Alot Of Different Places While On Vacation, Until The wife Asked Directions"

JaxDad
Explorer III
Explorer III
nomad297 wrote:
. What would you consider the most valuable or important thing you have learned here?

Was there a particular member or members responsible for your solution?

That no matter what facts you lay out, what official sources you quote, some people will not only stick to their (wrong) opinions, and a select few will even go so far as to make accusations that you are part of some sort of evil conspiracy rather than acknowledge that they were wrong.

Just recently I've seen this several times to the point where the wrong party advocated illegal behaviour.

Shouldn't be too surprising I guess. Everyday I see people nearly start a road rage incident when someone honks at them because they were doing something stupid or careless.

FunnyCamper
Explorer II
Explorer II
I can't pick one post or person cause so many helped me, but I love the cg review and info section the most. People give first hand info about the cg when I ask a specific question. that helps me so much!
Their experiences/advice are wonderful when booking a cg.

Beartoo
Explorer
Explorer
Blue ox "Bedsaver" does what it says, save your bed. I did learn the hard way.
DH - Bear
DW - Marge
Buster - English Springer Spaniel
Molly - English Springer Spaniel Puppy
07 Silverado 2500HD, Dmax, Allison Trany
Husky 15K
2008 Wildcat 24RL (Old Camper)
2009 Open Range 280 RLS (New)

FrankShore
Explorer
Explorer
Buy a decent surge protector and use it!
2014 F-250
2014 Minnie Winnie 2351DKS (Traded In-Burnout-Use A Surge Protector!)
2015 Arctic Fox 22G (Great Trailer But Heavy - Traded In)
2018 Lance 1685 w/ Solar & 4 Seasons Package
1999 Beneteau 461 Oceanis Yacht
En Norski i en Fransk bรฅt - Dette mรฅ jeg se!

Jim_Shoe
Explorer
Explorer
I've found that most good experiences are the result of previous bad experiences. And most of them have happened to somebody else first. And since we don't use our real names we admit to our mistakes right here.
I'd like to take a moment to thank many of you posters for warning me about things that I'm sure I would have done. ๐Ÿ™‚
Retired and visiting as much of this beautiful country as I can.

TomHaycraft
Explorer
Explorer
First thing down when setting up camp, wheel chocks.

Last thing up when breaking camp, wheel chocks.
2013 Silverado 3500HD - Duramax/Allison - CC, long bed, SRW, 2WD
2017 Grand Design Reflection 303RLS - TST 507 TPMS