cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Where are the women RVers?

WandaLust2
Explorer
Explorer
I've been on this Forum site for several years and have noticed there are few women posters. It seems their numbers are dropping. Most of the Forums seem to be mostly men posters, yet I see as many women in the CGs and Resorts as men. Have the women lost interest in these Forums or are they inclined to not post - just read?

I'm curious if others have noticed this also.
Mrs. WandaLust. Retired. Middle TN
1999 Fleetwood SouthWind 32'
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
74 REPLIES 74

xzyHollyxyz
Explorer
Explorer
Dog Folks wrote:
Seriously, I think a lot of women are tuned off by all the sniping, flaming and general unpleasantness that occurs here sometimes.

Amen to that. Main reason I tend to only post here for an "emergency" type answer. All of the rv dot net chest thumping is a frequent comment over on the womenrv forum that I belong to.

So, based on my comment, let the flaming begin.
2015 Fun Finder 189FDS
2013 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab SV 4x4

Wanderlost
Nomad
Nomad
vic46 wrote:
My spouse is a woman and she has absolutely no interest in the forum. Things technical regarding the RV are solely my business/problem. Don't get a wrong impression, I would not describe her as not interested, more accurately she is a very masterful delegator.

Our situation is completely opposite. I post here; he does not. I research stuff and he either does it, or we agree on a professional to do it.

As for snark and pettiness, I ignore it. There's not that much here, compared to some of the other fora I read.
"The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated." -- Mahatma Gandhi

Czarny, black cat
Rainbow Bridge: Spotacus, Alexander the Grrreat, and so very many more

pnichols
Explorer II
Explorer II
tbred wrote:
One thing I absolutely can't do is roofs, nope not gonna happen!

Hmmmm .... I'll jump in here on behalf of my DW .... who leaves most of the mechanical/electrical stuff to me.

We built part of our current home from scratch together and I have photos of her up on the roof in the hot sun centuries ago nailing down shingles.

However RV roofs may be way more tricky to mess with than nailing down new shingled roofs. :B
2005 E450 Itasca 24V Class C

2dogtravellin
Explorer
Explorer
Another woman here. I'm here intermittently and only post rarely. I'm interested in almost everything. Although I'm not mechanically inclined, I want to understand as much as I can. So I'll cruise through most of the forums.

tbred
Explorer
Explorer
pasusan wrote:
tbred wrote:
Woman here ! I figure out all the stuff, Dh does the towing.
Same here.

Anything to do with the trailer is my responsibility, while DH maintains our vehicles. I took out and repaired the furnace, put in a new converter and electrical management system, added a heat strip to the A/C, replaced the range vent fan with a quieter one, and lots more.

I worked my way through college working at a garage so I know my way around a tool box and I always enjoy the mechanical talk in the forums. I can't usually add to those discussions as everything we own was made in the last century. ๐Ÿ˜‰

RV net has been a wonderful resource for me and I'm always telling DH something I learned here. Also - I'm happy to see there are so many women here - men can't have all the fun!

That's impressive! I'm not quite that handy yet, but as our tt is still pretty new, still learning!

One thing I absolutely can't do is roofs, nope not gonna happen!

korbe
Explorer
Explorer
That explains a lot

pasusan
Explorer
Explorer
tbred wrote:
Woman here ! I figure out all the stuff, Dh does the towing.
Same here.

Anything to do with the trailer is my responsibility, while DH maintains our vehicles. I took out and repaired the furnace, put in a new converter and electrical management system, added a heat strip to the A/C, replaced the range vent fan with a quieter one, and lots more.

I worked my way through college working at a garage so I know my way around a tool box and I always enjoy the mechanical talk in the forums. I can't usually add to those discussions as everything we own was made in the last century. ๐Ÿ˜‰

RV net has been a wonderful resource for me and I'm always telling DH something I learned here. Also - I'm happy to see there are so many women here - men can't have all the fun!

Susan & Ben [2004 Roadtrek 170]
href="https://sites.google.com/view/pasusan-trips/home" target="_blank">Trip Pics

otis-agnes
Explorer
Explorer
Another female here. I check out every forum but only comment in a few.
Otis, Agnes and Penny & Twinkie (our rescue pups)
2018 Grey Wolf 23MK
2019 Ford F250

Roy_Lynne
Explorer
Explorer
I am also a female RVer I do the driving and deciding where to drive, and my husbands only comment is "surprise me" I see very little snarkiness on this forum because I found the BLOCK button and have removed a few posters from my life early on.

bout2buy
Explorer
Explorer
I'm a female RVer. I don't camp solo...the hubby and kids always come along, but I do often drive to the campground and set up and hubby joins after he gets off work. He owns his own business and it's farming related so it can be hard during busy seasons for him to get away, so I have learned to do most things myself.

I love camping, my husband tolerates it. He camps to keep me happy, so I try to not make things more difficult (i.e,. unenjoyable) for him by sticking him with all the maintenance work. I've been able to fix many issues by searching here and google. I've also found many good ideas and tips here. If I have an issue camping, I usually try here and google before I dig out the owner's manuals.

As far as the snarkiness (snarkyness?)I find it on all boards I frequent. I'm also a horse lover and it's rampant on the horse forums too. Some people just don't realize it's a lot more fun to camp, fish and ride horses than to sit behind a monitor and fire off condescending replies. ๐Ÿ˜‰ Their loss

FULLTIMEWANABE
Explorer
Explorer
NYCgrrl wrote:
Another female here. Still don't own an RV yet but I'm an obsessed long term planner;). At least that's what the man sez but he lives by the seat of his pants that I buy, patch and tell him where they are. Being a share and share alike type of person I let him wash 'em.
I save most of my snark for him and he for me although I can give as good as I get to outsiders. Assuming I think they'll get it....

Certainly more women here than I thought:).

That a girl ๐Ÿ™‚ ๐Ÿ™‚ ๐Ÿ™‚
It Takes No More Effort To Aim High Than To Aim Low - Reach For The Stars

NYCgrrl
Explorer
Explorer
Another female here. Still don't own an RV yet but I'm an obsessed long term planner;). At least that's what the man sez but he lives by the seat of his pants that I buy, patch and tell him where they are. Being a share and share alike type of person I let him wash 'em.
I save most of my snark for him and he for me although I can give as good as I get to outsiders. Assuming I think they'll get it....

Certainly more women here than I thought:).

And we are not going to discuss it further in this forum. Back to the op original post please.

toedtoes
Explorer II
Explorer II
I disagree with your argument. As per my prior post, Merriam-Webster defines snarky with crochety. So, yes, that is part of the official definition.

In addition, a list of accepted synonyms is not making up a connection where none exist.

Third, I don't think an argument on semantics is really necessary. Snarkiness is one of the most common behaviors that is considered a violation of posting on many forums. Rv.net is no different. There is nothing funny about snarkiness - it is not a joke when it is said, although many posters will try to claim "I was just making a joke" when they get called on it.
1975 American Clipper RV with Dodge 360 (photo in profile)
1998 American Clipper Fold n Roll Folding Trailer
Both born in Morgan Hill, CA to Irv Perch (Daddy of the Aristocrat trailers)