cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Yellowstone

marley0958
Explorer
Explorer

We are planning a trip from Salt Lake City to the Grand Tetons and Yellowstone at the end of May. I'm struggling to decide if we should rent a 24' Class C Motorhome or a 20' campervan. This would be our only means of transportation while there. We don't mind going to several different campground and want to see as much as possible. 

The motorhome obviously has more room for 3 people. But I think we would be able to drive more in the camper van. 

Has anyone used either at yellowstone as their only means of transportation? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

3 REPLIES 3

MNtundraRet
Navigator
Navigator

@marley0958 wrote:

We are planning a trip from Salt Lake City to the Grand Tetons and Yellowstone at the end of May. I'm sstruggling to decide if we should rent a 24' Class C Motorhome or a 20' campervan. This would be our only means of transportation while there. We don't mind going to several different campground and want to see as much as possible. 

The motorhome obviously has more room for 3 people. But I think we would be able to drive more in the camper van. 

Has anyone used either at yellowstone as their only means of transportation? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

You would be better off with the Class C if you have 3 people. Many locations have long lines at the bathroom s tops. We never had the need to tow anything when using our Class C. We visited Yellowstone many times in the past. Since Covid the park has been crowded during the season. 

Mark & Jan "Old age & treachery win over youth & enthusiasm"
2003 Fleetwood Jamboree 29

Thank you. I was hoping for that answer. I think we would definitely prefer the extra room. I also wanted to be sure it was okay to use the motorhome as the only transportation.  
So many people have mentioned the bathroom issue. 😂. I’m glad it was brought up though. A bathroom is a must for us. 

Completely agree with MNtundraRet. Take the extra room haha. Cannot wait to see pictures