cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

You MIGHT be an RV'r if . . .

justALnow
Explorer
Explorer
As a takeoff on Jeff Foxworthy's "Redneck" bit, here's a few thoughts that have popped into my mind. I will admit to being guilty of SOME of these!

You MIGHT be an RV'r if. . .

. . . the Camping World Master Catalog arrives and you lock yourself in the bathroom for an hour with a cordless phone and your VISA card.

. . . when someone asks how many people can sleep in your RV, you and your spouse answer in unison, "JUST TWO!"

. . . you could re-plumb, or re-wire your RV blindfolded, but if the dishwasher in your house quits, you tell your wife to call somebody.

. . . the sheets, towels, and small appliances in your RV are all brand new and color co-ordinated, but in your house it's the same stuff you bought at garage sales when you first got married.

. . . you're not at Camping World within 10 minutes of opening on Saturday morning, and they call your house to see if you're OK.

. . . at home it's Pop Tarts, hot dogs, grilled cheese, and leftovers, but in the CG it's full breakfasts, porterhouse, boiled shrimp, and fresh sweetcorn.

OK, folks, let's hear some more!
669 REPLIES 669

H4Adventures
Explorer
Explorer
You know you can macerate in public without getting arrested...LOL! That was waayyy too easy!
2009 Keystone Cougar 318sab
2008 GMC Sierra 2500HD CC, 6.0/4.10
2004 Chevy Trailblazer
2003 Tracker Avalanche, 150EFI Merc.

hershey
Explorer
Explorer
Hee Hee. Its connected to the maserator (sp) and only 1" in diameter and sto's itself away into its own compartment, almost like a reel. I want one.
hershey - albuquerque, nm
Someday Finally Got Here
My wife does all the driving - I just get to hold the steering wheel.
Face Book Group: All About RVing and We Fly RC's
Expedition - Chevy Equinox

joanne0012
Explorer
Explorer
So . . . tell us about the neat sewer hose!
Joanne

hershey
Explorer
Explorer
Just happened to me. You meet a friend to see their brand new MH and the first thing you hear is: "Let me show you the neat sewer hose this thing has".....and you get excited????????
hershey - albuquerque, nm
Someday Finally Got Here
My wife does all the driving - I just get to hold the steering wheel.
Face Book Group: All About RVing and We Fly RC's
Expedition - Chevy Equinox

Dixonmatco
Explorer
Explorer
If You just finished reading all 27 pages of this thread and wish there were more!
2000 Chevy Silverado 1500
2005 Komfort Trailblazer T23S
Honda EU2000I

BobJoh
Explorer
Explorer
You are driving the wife's car today and when pulling into the Flying J and before filling the gas tank... you do a walkaround putting your hand on each tire checking the running temperature.
BobJoh

bigjimcruising
Explorer
Explorer
portscanner wrote:
...if you read 60+ posts about how many deposits you can get in of your black tank

Ooooouuuuccccchhhhhhh you got me goooood!!!! :E
Guilty as charged!! :B:B
2001 Dodge Ram 2500 4x4, 5.9 engine with winch and service body. Getting it ready for a new camper and then hit the trails!

oldcurios
Explorer
Explorer
if you know what a "dump" really is....

welsteach
Explorer
Explorer
ak_traveler wrote:
...if you have ever come home from a week-long fishing trip where it rained CONSTANTLY the whole time, you are cold, wet, tired, and hungry, and you still count it as one of your best trips!

*ak_traveler raises his hand here also!*

ak-traveler. . . ditto that! Portage, three days, sopping. Marvelous, can't wait for summer.

portscanner
Explorer
Explorer
...if you read 60+ posts about how many deposits you can get in of your black tank
One beautiful wife
Mattie and Trooper the furcampers
2019 Dodge 4500 with 2008 Lance 1181
2015 Jeep Wrangler toad w/ ReadyBrake/Brute
Web Site

bigjimcruising
Explorer
Explorer
darn double posts!
2001 Dodge Ram 2500 4x4, 5.9 engine with winch and service body. Getting it ready for a new camper and then hit the trails!

bigjimcruising
Explorer
Explorer
if:
you couldn't care less about the newest biggest mall just built down the street but you stop at every truck stop just to see the latest truckers toys!

yea I'm guilty!

Getup_ngo
Explorer
Explorer
Sunseeker2007 wrote:
You see a post in the forum with the subject of "Toilet Paper" and you read it.

And then you read all the replies.

I resemble all of the above. LOL
Janice and Annie, the snotty poodle
2008 Four Winds Windsport, 3 slides
Toad: 2011 Honda CRV/Blue Ox towing system

goin2themountai
Explorer
Explorer
FormerBiker wrote:
...when you brother comes over to show you his new import pickup and you ask him, "What are you planning on towing with that?"

Yep, just feel pity for the half tons I see on the road. They can't haul any kind of decent sized 5er.

And One More: You know you have at least 3 rolls of duct tape somewhere in the stick house, but you go get the one out of the RV 'cause it's the only one you know you can find. (did it last week)
Puller: '08 HD3500 4x4 dually,CC Duramax/Allison.
Pullee: 2008 Montana 3605RL 10th Anniversary Package, Reese 16k w/ slider (holdover from old shortbed)

FormerBiker
Explorer
Explorer
...when you brother comes over to show you his new import pickup and you ask him, "What are you planning on towing with that?"