cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Current events having second thoughts

Can_t_Wait_Now
Explorer
Explorer
We are preparing for a weeks vacation in Myrtle Beach State park in next few weeks. I am concerned now more than ever for the safety of my family and wonder if I should even leave as all of my resources are here if something horrific would happen. This will be our first long distance trip since camping and normally we are no more than 2 to 3 hours away from home. Anyone else feeling some anxiety on travelling right now .
46 REPLIES 46

Terryallan
Explorer II
Explorer II
Naio wrote:
It was a serious question.

Actually yours was a Lefty question.
Terry & Shay
Coachman Apex 288BH.
2013 F150 XLT Off Road
5.0, 3.73
Lazy Campers

coolmom42
Explorer
Explorer
YC 1 wrote:
Nope. Turn the tv off and enjoy life.

This.
Single empty-nester in Middle TN, sometimes with a friend or grandchild on board

Lantley
Nomad
Nomad
JUst left MB had a fantastic time. Best part is my TV was not on so I had no idea of the insanity going on.
As others have mentioned turn off the TV and go camping
19'Duramax w/hips,12'Open Range,Titan Disc Brake
BD3,RV safepower,22" Blackstone
Ox Bedsaver,RV760 w/BC20,Glow Steps, Enduraplas25,Pedego
BakFlip,RVLock,5500 Onan LP,Prog.50A surge,Hughes autoformer
Porta Bote 8.0 Nissan,Sailun S637
Correct Trax,Splendide

Matt_Colie
Explorer
Explorer
I don't know where you are in PA, but Myrtle Beach is going to be as safe as anyplace else. If you are worried, just stay out of crowded "Gun Free" zones and you will be as safe as you would be anywhere else that wasn't a crowded "Gun Free" zone.

This all reminds me of the statistician that found that most accidents happen within 25 miles of home, so when he went anyplace, he would drive like a madman to get past that 25 mile mark.....

Matt
Matt & Mary Colie
A sailor, his bride and their black dogs (one dear dog is waiting for us at the bridge) going to see some dry places that have Geocaches in a coach made the year we married.

turbojimmy
Explorer
Explorer
Can't Wait Now wrote:
Wasn't meant as racial I am not black and shouldn't matter. Was a genuine question. I am not worried about me It's protecting my wife and daughter

Despite what the media wants you to believe, the country is not falling into anarchy and chaos. Like someone else said, tune out the news and enjoy your RV (and life in general). Myrtle Beach is a great destination. Traveling from PA there are some sketchy spots off of I-95 but if you plan properly you can avoid them.
1984 Allegro M-31 (Dead Metal)

bgum
Explorer
Explorer
Like I said "We had lunch in BR today." We know where the protesters are and avoid those areas. If you go looking for trouble you will find it. Even had someone from my hometown arrested in BR night before last. He has a criminal background a mile long. Any self respecting protest would ask him to leave. People like him give protesters a bad image.

Can_t_Wait_Now
Explorer
Explorer
Wasn't meant as racial I am not black and shouldn't matter. Was a genuine question. I am not worried about me It's protecting my wife and daughter

Jayco-noslide
Explorer
Explorer
My feeling is that violence is pretty random and unpredictable and always has been. For example, I could stay home and get shot in the Walmart parking lot or even more likely have a crash on the corner near my house. Also, make a list of 50 bad things likely to happen to you and you would find that being injured or killed by terrorists or in a riot while RVing would be way way low on the list below illness, flood, auto accident, etc. Of course I would avoid areas where demonstrations, etc. are planned.
Jayco-noslide

Jebby14
Explorer
Explorer
love being canadian
Q: Whats brown and sticky???

A: A Stick....

naturist
Nomad
Nomad
tvman44 wrote:
Can't live in fear or the terrorist win.

X2

2oldman
Explorer
Explorer
tvman44 wrote:
They also win if you get shot, so it's wise to be careful.
"If I'm wearing long pants, I'm too far north" - 2oldman

the_bear_II
Explorer
Explorer
I live in Los Angeles right in the middle of earthquake country. I feel safer when I get out of town.

tvman44
Explorer
Explorer
Papa Bob
1* 2008 Brookside by Sunnybrook 32'
1* 2002 F250 Super Duty 7.3L PSD
Husky 16K hitch, Tekonsha P3,
Firestone Ride Rite Air Springs, Trailair Equa-Flex, Champion C46540
"A bad day camping is better than a good day at work!"

2oldman
Explorer
Explorer
Naio wrote:
2oldman wrote:
^^ He means rhetoric.
I did figure that out... eventually. At first I thought it was some play on 'redneck'.
me too. This board is often a challenge to decipher what's written.
"If I'm wearing long pants, I'm too far north" - 2oldman