cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Family Camping Groups

Shavano
Explorer
Explorer
I've seen a lot of interest in the forum regarding starting, maintaining or folks looking for a camping group. We're going to experiment with a "sticky" at the top of the forum so that people are more able to communicate about this.

Don

'15 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD
'18 Forest River Avenger :C "Dolci"
Kipor KGE3500Ti

CHECK OUT THE RV.NET BLOGS!!

322 REPLIES 322

bradcliffe
Explorer
Explorer
We have a group that has been together for about four years in central Georgia. We call ourself the "S Gang" - that's another story! We go all over GA, AL (will be Cheaha State Park for New Years), FL, SC, NC, TN. This group started tent camping on Cumberland Island and quickly evolved to RV's. We usually have 25 -35 people total on a trip with plenty of kids of all ages. We coordinate our menus by email and try to cook some meals together. We even had Thanksgiving dinner at Fort McAllister State Park this year (fried and roasted turkey, ham and all the fixins'). We thoroughly enjoy ourselves and have become regular camping evangelists - always trying to get other families to join us. We have truly formed some great friendships with each other - like extended families. Alot of military families in the area - so occasionally someone moves away but we are always recuiting new members. It's nice normally traveling together - two way radios to keep in contact and even had a couple of occasions where a tow vehicle broke down, had it towed and another tow vehicle came back to tow the stranded camper. We have a website that is currently being developed -
http://members.cox.net/sgang/
Bruski -
Byron, GA -
03 2500HD 8.1/Allison -
03 Cougar 27RL 5er

TexasDan
Explorer
Explorer

http://www.TexasFamilyCamping.com

We are launching a site in mid-January 2006... Tent, Popup, Travel Trailers or Motorhomes our goal is to provide outdoor and camping information for the entire family. It doesn't matter how you camp, everyone will enjoy the this web site. TFC will have ideas for places to go and things to do in and around the state of Texas. We will provide information on Family Camping Groups throughout Texas.

We will provide news that may affect state parks, wild-life preserves or the environment in Texas. We want to protect camping for our Grandchildren and their children for many years to come.

A little later on (about March-April 2006) we will begin providing support for Camping families that wish to form groups as well as groups already established across the State. The Texas Family Camping Association will be formed. We have plans for 2007 that include a Texas Family Camping Association Jamboree that will include invitations to all the Family Camping groups across Texas once a year. What fun that will be!

Camping is a great way to enjoy the outdoors, bond with family and friends, most importantly develop memories that will last a lifetime.

We will also have t-shirts, caps, hooded sweet-shirts, and other items with the Texas Family Camping logo in January 2006.

We are looking forward to seeing you and your family. Feel free to write us at any time, we would also like to have any suggestions you my have for us.

Thanks again to all of you for your interest in us.
info@TexasFamilyCamping.com
Dan Phillips

B_P
Explorer
Explorer
We have belonged to a family camping club in Calgary, AB for the last 20 years. We camp every second weekend (approx) from Mothers' Day to (Cdn) Thanksgiving. We usually stay within a 2 hr radius from Calgary. (+/-) We try and get a lot of group camps so often have a shelter to play cards, relax, have pot lucks or whatever.
If you are interested in joining us for a weekend to see what we are all about send me a PM.
Bill/Pat ๐Ÿ˜‰
2015 Newmar Dutch Star
2018 Sierra Toad

Timmy
Explorer
Explorer
Hanneman,
I got no response what so ever. Kinda disapointing.
That would be great to meet some near halfway.

Timmy

Hanneman
Explorer
Explorer
It looks like there is some interest in a KC camping group. I am in Wichita, KS. We have a couple of sets of friends that we go camping with, but most of their kids are older, and they usually want to stay local. We have a five year old boy. Anyone in the Wichita area aware of any camping organizations for families? If not, we may have to meet some of the KC folks halfway. Timmy, what type of response did you get to your post?

Starchmill
Explorer
Explorer
What a great idea. I hope one gets started in NH or MA, it would be great fun.
2013 Lance 1050S
2004 Chevy 3500 DRW Duramax
2 Camping Pomeranians... ๐Ÿ˜›

DBJOEY
Explorer
Explorer
We would also like to meet other family camping groups outings in the N. California Bay area
Joey
Joey and Cameron (son)
UNION AND PROUD OF IT

2002 7.3 diesel F350 4x4 Crew Cab Lariat long bed Drw 4.10 Camper package, Prodigy, K&N
2005 29FRBW Gulfstream Mako fifth wheel 31' long

Tom_S1
Explorer
Explorer
The Mrs and I were think the same thing....how do we meet other people to set up camping trips. We are in North Central Pa.

Tom
05 Dodge 2500, 4X4, QC, SRW, CTD, 6-Speed manual
Reese HP/DC
Prodigy Controler
06 Sprinter 303BHS

Captain_Pickle
Explorer
Explorer
We would love to join or start a group in Eastern Kentucky. We live in the tri-state area (KY-OH-WV) right on the Ohio River.
Pickle & Debbie

2005 Chevrolet Silverado Crew Cab 5.3L
2007 SunnyBrook Sunset Creek 267RL

Eagle_Family
Explorer
Explorer
Anyone out there from the MS, AL, FL Gulfcoast that knows of a group?
Brian, Melanie, and Todd(15)
3 dogs
2005 Ford F-250 Super Duty Crew Cab SRW
2005 Jayco Eagle 325BHS 5th Wheel w/2 slides

gospl4u
Explorer
Explorer
For a Tennessee camping group check us out at www.tpuc.com Were a family based group that has planned camping trips 10 months a year, mostly weekends. Maybe we will see you around a campfire soon,Gerald

happyeaglesfan
Explorer
Explorer
Eastern Pennsylvania.
2006 CHEVY 2500HD 6.0L 4.10 Ext Cab
Wife, 4 kids ALL BOYS!1, 3, 8 and 9 year olds), and our dog RIGZ.
NEVER A QUIET MOMENT!

Timmy
Explorer
Explorer
It would be great to start something in the Kansas City area, if it hasn't been already.
I'm willing to do some leg work on this.

Tim

Laughingfrog
Explorer
Explorer
In Georgia:
go to Yahoo Groups look up "Georgia Camping" for our group that hosts monthly family outings, potluck dinners and activities in and around Georgia.
Don & Yolanda White, David, Colby
& Smokey (Rescued Dachshund/Shepherd mix)
2008 Pilgrim Legends 37QB4S-5H
2008 Ford F-450 Lariat Crew Cab

ddaz
Explorer
Explorer
Our camping group got started much like Mike's North Texas group. A couple families got together and went camping. They invited a couple more. And soon we were up to about a dozen or more. I think the most we've ever had on a trip was about 10 campers. So if you're in the mid-thumb region of Michigan, consider giving us a holler.

PS: Mike, wish we could have hooked up together when I lived down just south the Denton area. Did some group camping back then but it was a bunch of young engineers in tents, no families yet. Our best trip was out to Big Bend.
DDAZ
GBY

"A man's children and his garden both reflect the amount of weeding done during the growing season"

Take your family camping

๐Ÿ˜›

Dryden Campers