cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Family Camping Groups

Shavano
Explorer
Explorer
I've seen a lot of interest in the forum regarding starting, maintaining or folks looking for a camping group. We're going to experiment with a "sticky" at the top of the forum so that people are more able to communicate about this.

Don

'15 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD
'18 Forest River Avenger :C "Dolci"
Kipor KGE3500Ti

CHECK OUT THE RV.NET BLOGS!!

322 REPLIES 322

twincamping
Explorer
Explorer
we belong to a great group of campers in the great lake region. www.glpuc.com
2013 F150 XLT Screw With tow Package Kodiak Brown
2007 21SS ROO

travis_cain
Explorer
Explorer
we are looking for one around the humble/houston area....the ones that im currently are members of camp in directions away from us which make it hard for short weekend get aways ๐Ÿ˜ž

WeimLady
Explorer
Explorer
soaravenal wrote:
WeimLady wrote:

WeimLady - Most of my relatives live in Topeka. My uncle said there is a great RV park at Lake Shawnee. What are your thoughts on this park? Are there any others that you would recommend around Topeka?

We go there several times a year when we want to camp, but are too busy with our "real lives" to go far. It is nice - pretty level sites on gravel, nice bathhouses, close to Topeka, sites back up to the water, it has a private swim beach for the CG, it is rarely crowded and pretty cheap (I'm thinking around $14 a night). The only thing I don't like is that there is a lot of gravel and in some areas not much grass unless you go behind your rig.

Other than that, we go to a couple of COE parks around here - Clinton and Perry are both about 30 minutes away (SE or NE between Topeka and Lawrence) and VERY nice. Pomona and Tuttle Creek are a little further away but equally nice. The commercial RV parks aren't much to write home about in Topeka, though. Lots and lots of permanent folks that aren't exactly, uh, well - you know. We did stay at one, and I felt a little out of place without my tube tops and stilettos.
Camping with daughter Kaya, husband Steve & at least 1 Weim!

2002 Bobcat 280BH
1996 GMC Sierra Z-71 Extended Cab

familycamper1
Explorer
Explorer
*******************************************NORTH CAROLINA************************************

We are going to be forming a group with an emphasis on Families with kids, the outings that are planned will be oriented for children activities as well as some for us parents. Please post or PM us so we can put together a group listing of emails and locations. We would like to have a gathering by the Spring !!
Dad 72':Z
Mom 74':)
Son 97':C
Daughter 00';)
Son 03':W

familycamper1
Explorer
Explorer
Dad 72':Z
Mom 74':)
Son 97':C
Daughter 00';)
Son 03':W

soaravenal
Explorer
Explorer
WeimLady wrote:
We have done exactly this - the back of our TT is completely flat and white - a perfect movie screen! The kids love it when we have our "movie nights" complete with popcorn, candy and (of course) lots of marshmallows and s'mores!

luxndirt wrote:
Timmy, Hanneman, and WeimLady,

We have a 12 year old daughter who would love to have somebody to camp with. It's always more fun when you have others around the campfire. I like the way soaravenal is camping up there in CA! Is that a movie on a projector?

WeimLady - Most of my relatives live in Topeka. My uncle said there is a great RV park at Lake Shawnee. What are your thoughts on this park? Are there any others that you would recommend around Topeka?

soaravenal
Explorer
Explorer
luxndirt wrote:

Okay, this makes four families...let's get it started! We live in Weston, MO just outside of KC. We will meet up with everyone anywhere within 2-3 hour drive. With the weather as nice as it has been, I have been begging my husband to "de-winterize" the rv and go camping for a weekend! I'm sure as soon as we do that, the 10 degree nights will set in again!

We have a 12 year old daughter who would love to have somebody to camp with. It's always more fun when you have others around the campfire. I like the way soaravenal is camping up there in CA! Is that a movie on a projector?

I found a used office projector on ebay for $500. I hooked up a DVD player and a set of computer speakers. It is a blast to do for the kids. Out door drive-in are hard to find anymore, so most kids have never watched movies in the great outdoors. Keep this in mind when you buy your next trailer. Look for the movie projection spot. :B

WeimLady
Explorer
Explorer
We have done exactly this - the back of our TT is completely flat and white - a perfect movie screen! The kids love it when we have our "movie nights" complete with popcorn, candy and (of course) lots of marshmallows and s'mores!

luxndirt wrote:

Camping with daughter Kaya, husband Steve & at least 1 Weim!

2002 Bobcat 280BH
1996 GMC Sierra Z-71 Extended Cab

dmmatthews
Explorer
Explorer
Anyone out there interested in the Central Missouri area? I don't want to join one of those clubs with all those rules and Officers and such. Just some friendly people who like to camp and meet others. Everyone would be responsible for themselves. Just agree on a meeting place and go from there.
Dorothy Matthews

kevinbti
Explorer
Explorer
luxndirt i just sent you a pm regarding Mo camping group.

luxndirt
Explorer
Explorer

Okay, this makes four families...let's get it started! We live in Weston, MO just outside of KC. We will meet up with everyone anywhere within 2-3 hour drive. With the weather as nice as it has been, I have been begging my husband to "de-winterize" the rv and go camping for a weekend! I'm sure as soon as we do that, the 10 degree nights will set in again!

98 Pace Arrow Vision
12' Enclosed trailer always in tow with KTM 300EXC and Honda XR100
Jim and Becky
1 awesome preteen daughter
1 very spoiled Yorkie, Maverick

deralrogers
Explorer
Explorer
Would love to find group in this area.(Sioux City,Sioux Falls) Any groups out there?
Deral and Linda Rogers

GeoMiklas
Explorer
Explorer
ssands wrote:
Check out our web site...ohiorally.com. We'd love to have ya..
We've been to Baylor Beach and love it! I don't know about swimming in the early part of May, but I'm going to try to make this campout with my family.

George
2009 Palomino Stampede S-195 SD, 2001 Ford E-350 Chateau, 5.4L, 4R70W, 3.73:1
NorthEastern OH / Western PA Have Harmonica, Will Travel!

Denslow
Explorer
Explorer
We would love to find a group in AZ. We are getting our 1st popup any day now and are dying to find a close place to test it out!! We have a quad and 2 kids boy 7 and girl 9.
๐Ÿ™‚ Dad Ben
๐Ÿ˜‰ Mom Kim
:R Hope 10.5 going on 15
:C Alec 8.5 The Man

CampingCplWva
Explorer
Explorer
We just wanted to post to let anyone who is interested in joining a camping group, that we have created a group in our area. Mostly the WV-VA-MD-PA-DC areas..but everyone is welcome to join. We have a Yahoo group as of right now and we are working on a website for the near future.

here is the link to the group
David & Mary Ann
2011 F-250 6.7 Powerstroke
2006 Sunline Solaris T-264-SR
2012 Palomino Bronco 1500