cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Family Camping Groups

Shavano
Explorer
Explorer
I've seen a lot of interest in the forum regarding starting, maintaining or folks looking for a camping group. We're going to experiment with a "sticky" at the top of the forum so that people are more able to communicate about this.

Don

'15 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD
'18 Forest River Avenger :C "Dolci"
Kipor KGE3500Ti

CHECK OUT THE RV.NET BLOGS!!

322 REPLIES 322

gasman336
Explorer
Explorer
Metro Detroit Area family looking to start-up a camping group for families with special needs children. From tents to motorhomes from hot summer days to beautiful fall color days theres nothing like camping to take away the stresses of the day!... Would like to find others who have handicapped children. This does not have to be just parents-maybe grandparents, aunts, uncles, cousins, brothers, sisters, you get the idea. It does the kids good to get out of the house and give support to others like us.
One Dad
One Mom
One Son
One Daughter
One siberia Husky who stays home.
No Toad yet

1988 Fleetwood Pace Arrow... She's old but goes.. Hey what do expect for $8500 buck!

Favorite two words: R O A D T R I P !

Camping_Dutchma
Explorer
Explorer
New Jersey checking in. We belong to a Good Sam Group based on families(everyone is welcome though) all our trips are base don things for kids to do.

You can check out where we are headed next on www.goodsamnj.com and look under Haulin Highlanders.
2008 Chevy 3500 cc DRW Duramax
2009 Cedar Creek Silverback 35L4QBS
Pull Rite 20.5 super 5th

2004 United Specialties Sold
stop by, theres always a seat by the fire

Member:Good Sam Club Haulin Highlanders

sccamping
Explorer
Explorer
Just pick a campground, pick a weekend and advertise right here. You'll have company!!
Bruce & Chrissy

stellas_keeper
Explorer
Explorer
In The Dawghouse wrote:
just gitt'n by wrote:
I would be Interested in a camping group in Illinois :C

Hey, me too. In the words of Larry the Cable Guy, "Git Er Done!"

I'm ready to camp right now.

Hey there,
We would love to meet some other families from Northern Illinois/Chicagoland area to camp with as well. Most of our friends around here think we are crazy with the whole camping thing- but we love it- we would love to meet others who are into it too!
Mike and Anna
3 busy boys ages 6, 4 and 1
1 spoiled Sheltie
2010 Cadillac Esclade ESV Platinum
2009 Jayco Jay Feather EXP 29A

camperfool
Explorer
Explorer
We live in south eastern Michigan and would love to join a group here. We enjoy fishing and enjoying nature, swimming and just being out doors. Andy
2006 Keystone Laredo 32RS 5th wheel
Front bunks/rear bedroom
2002 Chevy Silverado 2500HD 8.1 gas guzzler
300 watt solar panels/ solar water heater
dispersed camper enjoying Gods creation

camp4all
Explorer
Explorer
still looking for a camping group to join in the Charleston S.C. area.

patandamyalabam
Explorer
Explorer
looking for alabama camping group... central or north email me thanks amy

debid316
Explorer
Explorer
I see more Kansas people :B I just joined your group.

The_Cornejos
Explorer
Explorer
Hello everyone! I'm new here, so hope this gets to the right place...lol. I found this site through a friend, so I decided to check it out. My hubby and I just bought our first camper last year, and just completed our first summer of regularly camping...we loved it! We have a Forrest River Rockwood Pop up. It has the heated mattresses, and shower/toilet combo, stove, fridge, etc. Really roughing it...lol. Anyway, my name is Dawn (32), my hubby's name is Mike (27). We have two children, Brittany (16) and Lyle (6). Mike works in aircraft, and I am a stay at home mom, for the rest of this school year anyway. We are just looking for some more camping friends...we have a couple that we camp with, and have a blast, but we all figure the more the merrier, so we're looking forward to meeting you all! I saw a post from someone in the Wichita Kansas area, we live about 30 minutes away from there, and do a lot of camping at Wellington Lake. Anyway, the couple we camp with, and us decided to try and start a camping circle. The link is in my signature, so check it out if you want to. We are looking forward to planning our first campout of the season...last year we went out Easter weekend for the first one of the season, and we had a blast. There are some pics on the camping group website. Well, now that I've written a book, I hope this gets to the right place:)

Dawn
The Cornejos
Kansas
Forrest River Rockwood Popup
2004 Dodge Dakota Quad Cab
http://groups.msn.com/KansasCamoCampingCircle

hillbillynKS
Explorer
Explorer
We are in southeast Kansas and would be interested in it as well.

sccamping
Explorer
Explorer
If you click on TracyinKS above your post, you can then send her a private message and perhaps the two of you could start your group in Kansas. What you do is start a new thread and say looking for families who want to meet new folks to camp in Kansas. Good luck to you.
Bruce & Chrissy

Les_Diane
Explorer
Explorer
We are a retired couple in the Conway Springs,Kansas area. Around 30 SW of Wichita. We have a friend that started a group camping site but I am not sure I am allowed to post the link. They are a young couple and has a boy that is 6 years old. We have camped with them and they are a fun couple. We haven't really got out of state yet but plan to in the future. Last year we camped at Wellington Lake most of the time. I have noticed in the post that there was a couple in Wichita and also in the Kansas City area looking for groups. Maybe this will be a start.

TracyinKS
Explorer
Explorer
Kansas City area here! PM me with info please....
1 mom, 1 dad, 4 boys, 1 bathroom!
1983 31' HR Ambassador, 2nd owner

sccamping
Explorer
Explorer
Bruce & Chrissy

Cajuns_at_Heart
Explorer
Explorer
Hey folks, after going through this entire sticky I haven't noted any groups or desired for groups in the Northern VA area.

Does anyone know of any family camping groups based out of Northern VA with a range of VA, WVA, MD and PA?

Thanks,

Dean
Cajuns at Heart

Dad, Mom, and two teenage boys with appetites
2006 GMC Sierra 2500HD Duramax/Allison 4X4
2007 Rockwood Roo 23SS