cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SE PA/DE/E MD families?

CorgiCrazy
Explorer
Explorer
I posted on the family camping group sticky, but it doesn't look like its very active.
Just wondering if there are any groups or people looking to camp. We usually go by ourselves, and my kids sometimes meet other kids, but complain when they don't.
I've looked on GS's clubs, but none are close.
I have 2 kids boy and girl 10 and 7, plus 2 dogs.
If anyone knows of a group or would like to meet up this spring, let me know.
thx
19 REPLIES 19

ejm4
Explorer
Explorer
Bump...

Mechanicsburg, PA

9 y/o son, 7 y/o daughter, 4 y/o daughter

Love to camp & travel. 14,000 miles since school let out in June.
Earl
2013 Berkshire 390BH ~ 360hp

stitchinsue
Explorer
Explorer
We are in central pa ... 20 min from knoebels. We dittybop all around PA. My favorite spot is bald eagle state park. 2 boys, 10 & 5.

SmithFamily
Explorer
Explorer
Here's a link to a thread for a gathering at Gettysburg Campground, we have a great time and hope you can make it.

Gettysburg Campground May 17, 18 19, 2013

CorgiCrazy
Explorer
Explorer
We are thinking of heading to Ocean View Campground in New Jersey, mid June, after kids are finished school. Anyone been there?

Weekend_Wheeler
Explorer
Explorer
New to the Forum, but not new to camping. We're from Schuylkill County and if anyone is interested in a really nice amusement park, keep Knoebels Grove (Elysburg) in mind. We take our grandkids up there every June. The park is clean, has a water park, you only pay for the rides you want to go on, and the food is fine and reasonably priced.

We don't stay at Knoebel's campground, didn't care for it. Right past the park on the left is a super nice campground called J&D. Nice sites, two lovely ponds, flat walking throughout the park, there is a large stream that runs along the side of the park and the kids love to play in it, and they own a fantastic ice cream shop directly across the street. We have been going to J&D Campground for 11 years, and still enjoy it.
Sam and Peggy

raylance
Explorer
Explorer
We're neighbors. I live in Gilbertsville.

SLSAntigua
Explorer
Explorer
Hi, We are in Montgomery County PA and always looking to make new friends. I have 2 daughters, 12 and 15. Lots to do in this tri-state area but always wanted to camp with a group since most of my friends either don't have an RV or are not interested in camping. If staying local within 2 hour drive, amusement parks like Knoebels, Hershey, Great Adventure, even Dorney (a little close for me) all having water parks could be an option. Also would be up for some farther excursions.
Steve, DW, 2 DDs
2006 Starcraft Antigua 215SSO
2011 Chevy Silverado LT
Primus Brake, Reese WDH and sway control

josh79
Explorer
Explorer
Well I dont have a trailer(on here to get ideas and hints) or kids(getting married in may...so in a few years) just yet. But I think what you are starting is a great idea. Since it seems all the clubs are from central pa. Just wanted to let you know and good luck with the group.

Camping_Dutchma
Explorer
Explorer
We are in North Jersey but a good number of our trips are too PA. we camp as a Good Sam Club, and have over 22 Families with kids from 3 months and up in all ages. Heading to Otter Lake in two weeks, then we go out to Knoebels.
2008 Chevy 3500 cc DRW Duramax
2009 Cedar Creek Silverback 35L4QBS
Pull Rite 20.5 super 5th

2004 United Specialties Sold
stop by, theres always a seat by the fire

Member:Good Sam Club Haulin Highlanders

dtzackus
Explorer
Explorer
Well, should we pick a date and try to all get together and sit by the campfire??? Let me know...
Dan, Tammy, Cory, Leah and Adam
2016 Chevy Silverado 2500HD 6.0
2018 Highland Ridge Open Range OF374BHS
GM Integrated Trailer Brake Controller

502monte
Explorer II
Explorer II
We are in Feasterville (lower bucks) and we have two girls 7 and 6 we also camp in Lancaster pocono's or where ever local or lond distance is good.

fsujeeper
Explorer
Explorer
We are in baltimore and always looking for new friends to meet and camp with. let us know if you're interested

dtzackus
Explorer
Explorer
We missed the big snow storm yesterday, thank goodness. I have a little snow left in front of the camper. I cannot wait to give it a good washing and cleaning and get to our 1st camping trip in April. The joys!!!
Dan, Tammy, Cory, Leah and Adam
2016 Chevy Silverado 2500HD 6.0
2018 Highland Ridge Open Range OF374BHS
GM Integrated Trailer Brake Controller

panamacamper1
Explorer
Explorer
We are in annapolis md. Already booked luray jellystone this month! Can't wait to get out there and get the bugs outs!!!!! (Sort of speaking) we have a clean unit I hope we don't have bugs in it lol