cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Yosemite & Sequoia National Parks

JohnAndSusan
Explorer
Explorer
Planning to visit Yosemite & Sequoia National Parks. Any suggestions on a big rig friendly campground? Thinking about Yosemite West/Mariposa KOA and Sequoia RV Ranch. Thoughts?
6 REPLIES 6

Bonnie19
Explorer
Explorer
I've been wanting to go back there for some time now. Such a beautiful area! Have a great time!

JohnAndSusan
Explorer
Explorer
Jbrowland wrote:
I am heading to Yosemite in a few days. Sequoia in a few months. Lucked out and got both inside th parks. Was not so lucky a few weeks back when we tried for inside Yosemite in the summer. Booked up in seconds and maybe even a second. ??

The closest you can get to the Yosemite Valley from outside the park is Indian Flat. It is in El Portal about 30 ish minutes to the valley. It satisfies the close part but it is pretty basic as far as RV parks go. It is on 140 close to the west gate. Just a another option to consider if close to Yosemite is a major consideration. Have fun!
THANKS!!!!! I just booked Indian Flat in El Portal. Where did you book in Sequoia?

Jbrowland
Explorer
Explorer
I am heading to Yosemite in a few days. Sequoia in a few months. Lucked out and got both inside th parks. Was not so lucky a few weeks back when we tried for inside Yosemite in the summer. Booked up in seconds and maybe even a second. ??

The closest you can get to the Yosemite Valley from outside the park is Indian Flat. It is in El Portal about 30 ish minutes to the valley. It satisfies the close part but it is pretty basic as far as RV parks go. It is on 140 close to the west gate. Just a another option to consider if close to Yosemite is a major consideration. Have fun!

hotrod4x5
Explorer
Explorer
If you can go in the off season, getting a site in Yosemite is not that difficult. Winter is wonderful. Anytime from October to Feb during the week should be sites available.
Rodney Former Owner of: 2005 Laredo 29GS 2002 F250 V-10 Yamaha EF3000iSEB (and NOT a GS Member)

Two_Hands
Explorer
Explorer
We would love to camp inside Yosemite and Sequoia, but getting a site is next to impossible. So we have had to stay at the Mariposa KOA to visit Yosemite and the Kaweah RV Resort in Three Rivers in order to visit Sequoia. Both are very nice rv parks, just not campgrounds in the national parks.
2015 Fleetwood Excursion 33D
2016 Grand Cherokee Limited
Retired Law Enforcement
U.S. Army 1965-1973/RVN 1968-'69

I am the frequent recipient of "Get out of the way old man!"

the_bear_II
Explorer
Explorer
Sequoia RV Ranch is great. It's an old style campground but the great location and surroundings make up for it. Nice river with fish, oak trees, grassy areas, good staff and close to Sequoia Nat'l Park and King Canyon

We stay in Space 55- it's a big pull through overlooking the river. A big Oak Tree is like an umbrella over the entire campsite. The tree will block a roof mounted sat dish. Sites 52-54 are just as nice but no tree. Here's our 38ft 5th Wheel parked in space 55.