cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Newest kitty traveler

WandaLust2
Explorer
Explorer
This is Aidan, our latest acquisition. We fostered a litter of kittens for a local Rescue that some cruel person abandoned in a parking lot. Poor kitties were covered in their own waste and fleas. Hungry and dehydrated they were bathed, fed and rehydrated, deflead, wormed and brought to my house. This is Aidan's litter in our Foster room at home and later in our RV. I fell in love with him and couldn't let him go when the Rescue picked them up. I only foster until the're old enough to be neutered/spayed.

He took to traveling like gypsy.

Aidan with his sister and 2 brothers. Someone took 2 of the litter before the Rescue got there.

Kitten foster room. Lots to climb and scratch on. ๐Ÿ™‚

From day one they used the litterpans.

Aidan at about 6 weeks on top of a cat-cage looking over the plywood that kept them confined in that room, not the cage, until 8 weeks. After 8 weeks they get free run of the house.

About 9 weeks in the FL room and in the RV a few weeks later.

Latest pic in the RV. He's about 5 months old now.

Mrs. WandaLust. Retired. Middle TN
1999 Fleetwood SouthWind 32'
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
10 REPLIES 10

WandaLust2
Explorer
Explorer
CA POPPY wrote:
What a neat set-up for fostering! Stimulating enough to let their energy and their little personalities come out.

Definitely. Kittens need climbing and scratching and running and playing exercise. We spent a lot of time socializing them and playing interactive toy games with them.... fake mice and birds on elastic strings (keep away from them if not there to supervise. Kitties have strangled themselves with this toys on strings). We also have all kinds of toys for them. I was so sad to see them go when the woman came to pick the 3 up. The room was so empty. Poor little Aidan keep looking for them after they were gone. :'( It broke my heart. Those other two boys were vetted and were adopted together. The little gray girl was spayed. I don't know if she was adopted yet.

Aidan is beautiful like a calendar kitty. I would've loved to live next door to someone with a system like that, so I could come over and "socialize" (ie: play with) the kittens. Would be so fun.

It's fun and so rewarding. Not financially, but in all other ways.

CA_POPPY
Explorer
Explorer
What a neat set-up for fostering! Stimulating enough to let their energy and their little personalities come out. Aidan is beautiful like a calendar kitty. I would've loved to live next door to someone with a system like that, so I could come over and "socialize" (ie: play with) the kittens. Would be so fun.
Judy & Bud (Judy usually the one talking here)
Darcy the Min Pin
2004 Pleasure-Way Excel TD
California poppies in the background

WandaLust2
Explorer
Explorer
Thank you all for the nice replies. We dearly love these kitties and do what we can to give them a good life. ๐Ÿ™‚

2oldman
Explorer
Explorer
very nice
"If I'm wearing long pants, I'm too far north" - 2oldman

Little_Kopit
Explorer
Explorer
As a kid.......Then there was the kitten I named Int because he was always interested in what was right there at that moment. He looked very much like your little one.

& when my father brought my Brownie Holliday pictures home from the photo shop, he'd say:
"I wish you'd take pictures of something besides cats."

I don't have handy access to a scanner anymore.

:B
& I, I took the road less travelled by.

My Photo Album, featuring Labrador 2006

rwj146
Explorer
Explorer
Beautiful kitten. Bless you for fostering.
Courage is endurance for one moment moreโ€ฆ
Unknown Marine Second Lieutenant in Vietnam

magnusfide
Explorer II
Explorer II
God bless you for both adopting and fostering!
"The only time you should fear cast iron is if your wife is fixin' to hit you with it."-Kent Rollins
First law of science: don't spit into the wind.

Magnus

AZPops
Explorer
Explorer
What a Life! ..

Calvin

brewjaz
Explorer
Explorer
How cute. Glad he has such a wonderful furever home.

Thanks for fostering.

Crowe
Explorer
Explorer
OMG, look at that adorable face!

I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be

Douglas Adams

[purple]RV-less for now but our spirits are still on the open road. [/purple]