cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not a good trip

NamSniper
Explorer
Explorer
Went camping last week for the first time this year with our three dogs. We have a dachshund, cocker spaniel, and a german shepherd. On Tuesday our shepherd was her normal self playing with the dachshund. Wednesday she started getting mopey. She has done this numerous times as she gets UTI, and we thought that's what it was. We figured we'd get home, give her some antibiotics and she'd recover. Thursday morning we got up to get ready to leave and couldn't find the shepherd. We finally found her in the closet. We got her out and took all three outside. She went out and did her business and went into the the trailer. She seemed weak and layed down and wouldn't get up. When we were ready to leave I had to carry her to the truck. Got home and got her to the vet. The vet couldn't figure out exactly what was going on with her. They finally found she had a huge tumor in either her lungs or heart. We had to put her down on Saturday. She was 13 and we rescued her when she was one. She is sorely missed.

Sorry for being so wordy.
2008 Keystone Raptor 3600RL
2000 Dodge Ram 2500 with 5.9 Cummins and 5 speed manual
2011 Harley Ultra Classic
24 REPLIES 24

Deb_and_Ed_M
Explorer
Explorer
So sorry - they always leave dog-sized holes in our hearts when they go.... while a new dog doesn't "replace" the lost loved one, they do add some nice distraction ((((HUG!))))
Ed, Deb, and 2 dogs
Looking for a small Class C!

Dixie_Flyer
Explorer II
Explorer II
It is so hard to say goodbye to a beloved pet. Over the past few years we have said goodbye to seven of our rescues, most of which were taken in when they were in their golden years. Mama, a German Shepherd mix and her baby Hobo were especially hard as they were such great companions. Thank you for taking in the homeless and giving them a forever home. The rewards are greater than the sadness of their passing as you hold on to the memories and those days, months and hours they gave you unconditional love.
2016 Ford F250 King Ranch Crew Cab 6.7 Power Stroke
2015 Montana Model 3611 with 4400 Pullrite Hitch.

Wife Sue
Pets: Rainbow Bridge: Bart, Old Fella, Levi, Charlie, Mama, Hobo, Izzie, Peaches. Others Suzie, Dixie.

Old Fella Burke County Animal Rescue

magnusfide
Explorer II
Explorer II
NamSniper wrote:
Thanks to all for the good wishes.

We're going to wait until fall and get a puppy. Don't know what breed etc. yet. But we'll know it when we see it.

Some of our best canines came from animal shelters. Not only were their personalities great but their Heinz 57 lineage gave them long-lived years in our family. Just saying:C
"The only time you should fear cast iron is if your wife is fixin' to hit you with it."-Kent Rollins
First law of science: don't spit into the wind.

Magnus

NamSniper
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks to all for the good wishes.

We're going to wait until fall and get a puppy. Don't know what breed etc. yet. But we'll know it when we see it.
2008 Keystone Raptor 3600RL
2000 Dodge Ram 2500 with 5.9 Cummins and 5 speed manual
2011 Harley Ultra Classic

Farmerjon
Explorer
Explorer
I'm so sorry for your loss.
2015 F350 Lariat CC LB 4x4 DRW 6.7, 6sp auto, 3.73
2000 F350 lariat SC LB 4x4 DRW 7.3, 6sp manual 3.73
1987 F250 Lariat SC/LB 4x4 SRW 460 4sp stick 4.10
1995 Jeep wrangler
99 Star Craft 953

BizmarksMom
Explorer
Explorer
I'm so sorry.
2019 F350 towing a Nash 22H

nineoaks2004
Explorer
Explorer
Words cannot express the sorrow of losing a loved pet. They are so much a part of our lives and or family.
By the time you learn the rules of life
You're to old to play the game

magnusfide
Explorer II
Explorer II
doxiemom11 wrote:
It is hard. Sorry for your loss. Give lots of love to the other two. They will mourn also.

Double ditto. It's hard when they suddenly do a nose dive in their health.
"The only time you should fear cast iron is if your wife is fixin' to hit you with it."-Kent Rollins
First law of science: don't spit into the wind.

Magnus

xteacher
Explorer
Explorer
I'm so sorry for your loss. It's hard losing a family member. Prayers of comfort sent!
Beth and Joe
Camping Buddies: Maddie (maltese/westie?), Kramer (chi/terrier?), and Lido (yellow lab)

2017 Keystone Bullet 248RKS
2014 Aliner Expedition Off Road
2013 Ram 1500 HEMI

LadyRVer
Explorer
Explorer
So sorry for your loss. I am glad you did get back home with your baby,before the sad news. I don't think the pain of losing our furkids ever goes away, we just learn to live with it.

Scottiemom
Nomad
Nomad
So very sorry for your loss.

Dale
Dale Pace
Widow of Terry (Teacher's Pet)

Traveling with Brendon, my Scottish Terrier

2022 Honda Odyssey
2011 Mazda Miata MX-5

2021 Coach House Platinum III 250DT
Fulltimed for 15 years, now living in Florida

http://www.skoolzoutforever.blogspot.com/

BB_TX
Nomad
Nomad
IBcarguy wrote:
Sad to hear about your pet. I've lost 3 Golden Retrievers to cancer and all of them were like family members. I know how you feel, I still get sad when I think of them.

Just recently found out our 12 yr old Golden has advanced liver cancer. Preparing for the end now. Previous Golden lived to over 14 until her body and hips gave out.

maddog348
Explorer
Explorer
Our Hearts & Prayers are with you.

ppine
Explorer II
Explorer II
Sorry for your loss. We have three dogs and they are our kids. I have learned much about mourning and death from losing animals. Losing a horse is the worst. Losing dogs helped me when I lost my mom recently. I love dogs, and their only fault is that they don't live long enough. Border Collies rule.