cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

People on pet stop that we no longer hear from

colliehauler
Explorer
Explorer
Do you ever wonder what happened to them? Was thinking of the guy in Arizona that had a motorhome the last post was his dog had passed. Can't remember his name.

What other people do you recall that you enjoyed reading their post.
16 REPLIES 16

Crowe
Explorer
Explorer
I thought we learned that AZpops had passed away but I could be wrong.

I understand the "sadness" part as many of the posts are about losing beloved pets. I still come here because I want to console those who have suffered a loss and will likewise look for the same when my time comes. I don't dwell on the sadness-I look forward to who has adopted who, what silliness someone's furbaby has done, what adventure they've gone on, etc. Without sadness I think we start to lose appreciation for the good times. Working through grief, though difficult, helps us build on our own strength so we become a better person.

I often wonder about everyone that's no longer here. I hope they are all well.

I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be

Douglas Adams

[purple]RV-less for now but our spirits are still on the open road. [/purple]

BCSnob
Explorer
Explorer
Really off topic......
We enjoyed a week on Mackinac Island (for our 25th) because of the horses, and no cars.
Mark & Renee
Working Border Collies: Nell (retired), Tally (retired), Grant (semi retired), Lee, Fern & Hattie
Duke & Penny (Anatolians) home guarding the flock
2001 Chevy Express 2500 Cargo (rolling kennel)
2007 Nash 22M

colliehauler
Explorer
Explorer
RBak wrote:
I don't post that much anymore because we don't have a camper, but I still read the forum and respond occasionally. We have an 8 year old sheltie and I have a horse, which does NOT go with us! Most of the time we stay in motels when we travel, but we still like the cabins at the KOA's. And I MISS camping, but sometimes health issues force you to make things easier for yourself when you do travel. Miss those campfires and looking at the thousand stars in the sky at night!

Rita
Kind of off subject but a campground in my home town has horse facilities along with a campground.

magnusfide
Explorer II
Explorer II
I'm missing AZPops. Ever since Calvin went to the rainbow bridge we haven't heard from him much after that. Does anyone know how to contact him?
"The only time you should fear cast iron is if your wife is fixin' to hit you with it."-Kent Rollins
First law of science: don't spit into the wind.

Magnus

RBak
Explorer
Explorer
We got to Grand Marais in May. That was as far north as we went. Beautiful country up there.

Rita

colliehauler
Explorer
Explorer
RBak wrote:
I don't post that much anymore because we don't have a camper, but I still read the forum and respond occasionally. We have an 8 year old sheltie and I have a horse, which does NOT go with us! Most of the time we stay in motels when we travel, but we still like the cabins at the KOA's. And I MISS camping, but sometimes health issues force you to make things easier for yourself when you do travel. Miss those campfires and looking at the thousand stars in the sky at night!

Rita
Did you make it to the North Shore this summer?

RBak
Explorer
Explorer

Rita

colliehauler
Explorer
Explorer
Also the person that moved to Ecuador with the wee's before the bad eartquake.

1995brave
Nomad
Nomad
colliehauler wrote:
1995brave wrote:
Pawz4me wrote:
colliehauler wrote:
Do you ever wonder what happened to them? Was thinking of the guy in Arizona that had a motorhome the last post was his dog had passed. Can't remember his name.

I think you mean Lance/Pops, although I can't remember his user name.

And I also wonder about Susan, whose user name I can't remember either. She was very knowledgeable about alternative treatments.

I think you are talking about AZPops
We lost both our dogs this year one in Feb and the other on Halloween. I still read the posts but don't respond that much any more. Still trying to decide to get another dog or not.
Thanks I looked up his name and he has not posted since 4-27- 2013.

I got a reply to one of my posts from AZPops on 08/09/17 08:40am

Deb_and_Ed_M
Explorer
Explorer
Pawz4me wrote:

And I also wonder about Susan, whose user name I can't remember either. She was very knowledgeable about alternative treatments.

I remember that she and her husband were moving from Vancouver, after losing at least one dog (maybe two?) to the fungal infection from crypto, to the far north wilderness? Like the Yukon, or NT? So it's possible that she has spotty internet at best.

I found THIS Sue - her photography is amazing, and I did find pictures of her dogs in a few:Sue Thomas Her website also has a wealth of RVing info for Canada/Alaska
Ed, Deb, and 2 dogs
Looking for a small Class C!

ScottG
Nomad
Nomad
DutchmenSport wrote:
Of all the forum sites on RV.net, the "Pets" forum is my least favorite. It seems every time there is a post, is about someone loosing their beloved pet and every one is just so sad, it just hurts to much to read them.

We've had our share of pets and in our past, they've all gone camping with us. Our most favorite was our beloved "Freckles", a Golden Lace Wyandotte female chicken, and wow was she a good egg layer. Her diet consisted of Ribeye steak, fresh bacon, mashed potatoes, and green beans. She also loved ice cream, soft drinks, pastries of any kind, and I think her most favorite ... fishing worms. Oh yea, we kept on stock fishing worms all the time, just for her. She went swimming with us, rode bicycles with us, when on hikes with us, we had a baby carriage just for her, she wore a diaper in the house so she could free range (really, I'm not kidding), had had a special pen inside during the winter and a cage built on the ground outside for the summer. Her feet never touched a wire bottom. She free-ranged in our back yard too. (And we lived in town too.) She was very special!

We also had Lucy and Ethel, both were Black Silkies. Ethel had a head injury and Lucy took care of her. But once it rained and Lucy couldn't get Ethel to come to her roost and get out of the rain. We were's home at the time, and when we got there, there was Lucy hovering over Ethel's body poking her with her beak trying to get her to move out of the rain. Lucy lived several more years after that.

Then we also camped with numerous dogs and cats. We also had an Iguana that the cat ended up killing, several cats, and 4 different birds. A few times we took our fish camping with us.

The kids are all grown and there's no more 4-H projects now, no more State Fair entries, and all those pets are now gone.

I think that's why these posts are just too hard to read. I identify with every one and it brings back too many memories of too many little critters that we loved so much.

We now have 2 dachshunds and a cat that still go camping with us. And when I look at them, I am thankful I have them, but still look at them with a sad feeling knowing they too, will someday be gone.

That's why I don't frequent the Pet forum. It just hurts.

Great post. I pictured all of them in my mind and hearing about them, especially Freckles, put a smile on my face.

colliehauler
Explorer
Explorer
1995brave wrote:
Pawz4me wrote:
colliehauler wrote:

We lost both our dogs this year one in Feb and the other on Halloween. I still read the posts but don't respond that much any more. Still trying to decide to get another dog or not.
Thanks I looked up his name and he has not posted since 4-27- 2013.

DutchmenSport
Explorer
Explorer
Of all the forum sites on RV.net, the "Pets" forum is my least favorite. It seems every time there is a post, is about someone loosing their beloved pet and every one is just so sad, it just hurts to much to read them.

We've had our share of pets and in our past, they've all gone camping with us. Our most favorite was our beloved "Freckles", a Golden Lace Wyandotte female chicken, and wow was she a good egg layer. Her diet consisted of Ribeye steak, fresh bacon, mashed potatoes, and green beans. She also loved ice cream, soft drinks, pastries of any kind, and I think her most favorite ... fishing worms. Oh yea, we kept on stock fishing worms all the time, just for her. She went swimming with us, rode bicycles with us, when on hikes with us, we had a baby carriage just for her, she wore a diaper in the house so she could free range (really, I'm not kidding), had had a special pen inside during the winter and a cage built on the ground outside for the summer. Her feet never touched a wire bottom. She free-ranged in our back yard too. (And we lived in town too.) She was very special!

We also had Lucy and Ethel, both were Black Silkies. Ethel had a head injury and Lucy took care of her. But once it rained and Lucy couldn't get Ethel to come to her roost and get out of the rain. We were's home at the time, and when we got there, there was Lucy hovering over Ethel's body poking her with her beak trying to get her to move out of the rain. Lucy lived several more years after that.

Then we also camped with numerous dogs and cats. We also had an Iguana that the cat ended up killing, several cats, and 4 different birds. A few times we took our fish camping with us.

The kids are all grown and there's no more 4-H projects now, no more State Fair entries, and all those pets are now gone.

I think that's why these posts are just too hard to read. I identify with every one and it brings back too many memories of too many little critters that we loved so much.

We now have 2 dachshunds and a cat that still go camping with us. And when I look at them, I am thankful I have them, but still look at them with a sad feeling knowing they too, will someday be gone.

That's why I don't frequent the Pet forum. It just hurts.

1995brave
Nomad
Nomad
Pawz4me wrote:
colliehauler wrote: