Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Waiting at the Rainbow Bridge

RVSnowbird
Explorer
Explorer
sue.t wrote:
I'm wondering if we should also have a sticky that lets us post obituaries & pics of our dearly departed pets? Maybe a "Rainbow Bridge" sticky? It would be sad and happy. It is very sad when a pet dies. And many of us tell the rest of the group when one of our pets does die. Telling others is one way to grieve. There have been a number of posts lately about dear pets that have died. And the stories are very difficult to read. And yes, our heart tugs with every tale.

A thread that would let us tell of our pet, and post a picture, would be a way to memorialize the RV pets that have travelled to the other side.
Simple ground rules.
1. Posts are limited to individual pet "obituaries" and no personal replies please as they will be deleted without explanation.

2. Pictures exceeding 640 pixels width or 480 pixels in height will be edited to comply within those dimensions.

if you have any questions, free to send me a private message

==========================================================================

The Rainbow Bridge

Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge.

When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge. There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together. There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable.

All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor. Those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by. The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind.
They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent. His eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster.

You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.

Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together....

Author unknown...

The above in a Rainbow Bridge "flash" movie
have you checked out the new RV.net Blogs yet?

Deceased 2/28/08 RIP
243 REPLIES 243

Buzzcut
Explorer
Explorer
Wow, reading this thread is hard. We just put our Lab "Buster" down the day after Christmas. It was very hard to do but he was suffering and I couldn't stand that such a faithful family member was hurting. I'll post a picture later. The only satisfaction that we all can have is that our pets are no longer suffering and are peaceful, waiting for us at the bridge.
Dave & Jerrolyn, Zachary, Jake & Maxx and lab "Cody"
'00 Newmar Dutch Star 4093 CAT powered pusher.

http://community.webshots.com/user/Buzzcut39

sneakers145
Explorer
Explorer
Goodbye, my friend. The house is quiet without you.

5/4/97 - 12/20/07
Jon

Nights camped in 2010: 0

2000 Fleetwood Bounder 32H
2007 Ford Focus

Dawndelion
Explorer
Explorer
Buster was my faithful friend for just shy of 15 years. I've been unable to come back to this thread until today. He crossed the Rainbow Bridge on January 28, 2007. Buster lived healthy and happy for 6 months longer than our vet said he would. In this 6 months he got lots of goodies and was able to get one last trip to Texas in the MH. Unfortunately he went downhill fast I know he finished our winter trip with us in spirit.

Dawndelion and Pack

lightkeeper
Explorer
Explorer
Many of you might remember the mentioning of my beloved Rambo, who was a stray and found love and safety at our home almost 12 years ago.

I took him on his last ride this morning.

Besides getting on up in age, being a diabetic and losing his sight, sneezing blood from his nose a few times,he had developed several tumors inside and outside his body over the last year. One on the left rear leg joint had been getting bigger and bigger and finally erupted the other night when he jumped out of the car. The bandage shown is where the tumor was.

While I don't think he yet felt any pain, the vet said he could eventually.

I'll certainly miss his companionship and am sure Buffy, Fifi and Marbella will be waiting on the other side of the Rainbow Bridge for him.

Update - Mon., Nov. 19. I had Rambo cremated and picked up his ashes today.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
2003 Starcraft TravelStar 21RB hybrid
2007 Chevrolet Z71 2WD Avalanche

"If I Die While Camping, I'm Already Halfway To Heaven!"

Dixie_Flyer
Explorer II
Explorer II
Levi my friend and faithful companion passed to Rainbow Bridge November 8, 2007

2016 Ford F250 King Ranch Crew Cab 6.7 Power Stroke
2015 Montana Model 3611 with 4400 Pullrite Hitch.

Wife Sue
Pets: Rainbow Bridge: Bart, Old Fella, Levi, Charlie, Mama, Hobo, Izzie, Peaches. Others Suzie, Dixie.

Old Fella Burke County Animal Rescue

keepmotoring
Explorer
Explorer
Bunny, our 14.5 yr old Maltese went to doggie heaven on Monday, October 15. She had so many health issues - thyroid, heart condition, cateracts to the point she couldn't see, kidney failure and a tumor on her bladder. The tumor finally got so large that she could no longer urinate. She was a loving dog and really enjoyed life. She was a great rver and had been to 46 of the lower 48 states. We spent the spring/summer at the beach and as always she enjoyed the golf cart rides. I wish I could post a picture but not sure how to do it. I'm happy that with all of her health issues she was allowed by God to live longer than we expected. She is now with her brothers and sisters and hopefully playing as if she were a puppy. She is missed terribly but we also know she is in no pain and that is what is getting us through this difficult time. Bunny, we love and miss you!!!
LUVRVN

luvwinnie
Explorer
Explorer

Winnie
May 5, 1998 - September 16, 2007

We will love Winnie, our beautiful bulldog, truly, deeply forever. She was and always will be our baby. Words cannot describe how deeply bonded we were and will be always. We miss her so so much. She gave us 9 years of pure love and joy. God bless you, our baby girl.

bjgdal
Explorer
Explorer
I haven't visited this forum for quite a long time and just popped in to see what was going on in the Pet Stop. Sorry to see so many pets have left for the Rainbow Bridge of late. My sympathies to all. I too lost a beloved pet (Dalmatian, Pongo, 14 years) recently. It is always a difficult decision to let them go but when they are hurting it is the most loving decision to make.

Betty
Jayco 2006 29GS

sher9570
Explorer
Explorer

We lost our beloved Sofie this morning. We battled, she battled an insidious disease that is so aggressive it's a no win for anyone.
We are going to bury her in her favorite spot under the red maple and wish her Godspeed to the rainbow bridge where she will be in no more pain and she can run with Timmy and Max.
Godspeed Sofie, we will always miss you and love you, you were the best!
Doug & Sher
2006 HR Presidential 34'
2001 Ford Excursion 7.3

Lucy-"Red Fox" Lab...8/7-'07
Bubba,rescue Pom...4/1-2010
Csepki, rescue Poodle...9/15-2001

Happytraveler
Explorer
Explorer

Jessie passed away 08-18- 2007. It was very heart breaking to us, our family and friends. She was a real sweetheart. Jessie was strong willed and a little bossy at times. She let us know when she wanted to eat, when to cook dinner, when to go to the family room and when to go to bed. One time she shut down my son's poker game at two in the morning. She bark at the guest until they went home. Jessie wasn't much into learning tricks, but more into learning words and she knew a lot. It's still a shock to us that she is gone. We miss her so much.
Charlie, a male Soft Coated Wheaten Terrier
Katie, a female Soft Coated Wheaten Terrier

Xanadu_50
Explorer
Explorer
Sylvestor June 1989 to September 2007

When I found Vestor, he was only about 10 days old. His momma had either gotten killed or moved the rest of the litter and left him behind. He rode with me on my truck all of his life, and he took me on many adventures playing hide and seek at too many places around this country to list. He always knew when I was tired and driving beyond my limit and would aggravate me to keep me alert. He would get on my pillow and purr me to sleep if I was restless. And he always wanted to taste my food to be sure it was safe for me to eat (that is if he left any)!! He will be waiting for me at my house on the other side along with Tasha, Meikon, Scudder and Satan. I will miss him.............Nina

Nina ~ Colorado ~ Happy to claim membership
Open Roads Singles
๐Ÿ˜›

DougRouth
Explorer
Explorer
We left our babies at the Rainbow Bridge today. They brought us 12 years of fun and laughs, but it was time to let them run free. They came in to this world together and with both suffering from various medical problems we thought it best that they run off together. Man was that hard!!!

My girl Maggie.

My wife's boy and Maggie's big brother Mack.

Take Care,
Doug and Joy Routh
Doug Routh
06 Silverado 2500HD Duramax Crew Cab Short Bed 4WD
Superglide Hitch
05 Holiday Rambler Savoy 29 RKS
06 Honda Goldwing (His)
06 Honda CBR 600F4i (Hers)
GO COUGARS!!!!

roaddogs
Explorer
Explorer
Lady Sasquach
Also known as Sasha Belle

Also known as "Big Mama"

Sasha was our honorary "schnauzer" and resident ear washer who bravely fought a hard battle with cancer for 7 1/2 months.

She was a true gentle giant and sensitive soul who never realized her true size. Your hips are strong and you're young again; now you can chase that big blue ball all you want little Missy.

2008 Carriage Cameo 35sb3
2008 Ford HD F350 6.4 diesel 4x4
"the Schnauzer Hauser"
One patient husband, One crazy wife
5 very spoiled schnauzers

Bird_Watcher
Explorer
Explorer
June 30, 2007
My second best friend

2004 Ford F-250 Lariat Diesel
2006 North Shore 31RGBS-M5
Joe, Marsha & Rocky

DavesJerseyGirl
Explorer
Explorer
Timber

Sir Persimmon Timber PawPaw

12-14-98---3-29-2007

Timber was my b'day present in 1999 and he was the best birthday present! I miss him every day!

After suffering with brain cancer, I had to put him down. He's the first pet I ever had to do that too...and it was horrible, but i'm glad i was there with him.

He was my autistic son's best friend.
He put up with us as we let other pets enter our home.
He dealt with Lexi the bichon.

I'm happy to know i'll be with him again!
he loved camping, we bought the camper for him in a way....no kennel,no dogsitters... he could come with...
Dawn,
Dave,
Nikki,
Zack,
Andrew(AJ)
Timber&Lexi
1998 Wilderness 24LZ
2002 Ford Expedition EB
2003 Ford F-150
2007 BMW 328x1
2006 Kawasaki STX-15F
2004 Kawasaki STX-15F