cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

10 inch radio monitor

jjrbus
Explorer
Explorer
2002 Chevy Roadtrek. I bought a 7 inch back up monitor and can find no place I would find acceptable to mount it. The monitor comes with what appears to be a decent camera with a 4 pin connector. The easy way out of this would be a 4 inch monitor but don't think that would be big enough for my aged eyes.

I like to keep systems separate but looking at double din 7 inch radios with monitors. Then saw the 10 inch monitors w radio.

Doing some searching and it seems that the better cameras come with 4 pin connectors and the others have RCA connectors, or am I misreading something? Do any of the radio/monitors come with 4 pin hookup??

Any input on this would be appreciated.
2 REPLIES 2

jjrbus
Explorer
Explorer
Thans for the response always appreciated.

I spent half the night trying to figure this out. It looks like the cheaper units use RCA and accorded to the internet the RCA should not be used outside. Although shrink wrap should make the connection water tight.

The better units use 4 pin aviation connectors and also carry the power for the camera. CAn buy RCA with a power wire also. Then they sell an adapter for 4 pin to RCA.

I was happy I figured it out and all ready to order and found there are AHD cameras and analog cameras, the head unit needs to be compatible with the camera. Analog will give the marking lines for parking and the AHD does not. So another evening spent figuring out which is which before ordering.

wa8yxm
Explorer III
Explorer III
Generally the 4 pins are + - Video and Audio (Hopefully it's not a digital comm line)

The RCA are Ground and Video.. Ground and Audio (Signal ground.. generally also negative)

The solution is to identify the 4 pins on the camera and make an adapter
Ground goes to both RCA jacks and to chassis ground (negative)
Positive to the power lead (often red but do not trust colors)

If you mix up audio and video you will HEAR a BUZZ.. and see not much.. So you can then simply swap 'em.
Home was where I park it. but alas the.
2005 Damon Intruder 377 Alas declared a total loss
after a semi "nicked" it. Still have the radios
Kenwood TS-2000, ICOM ID-5100, ID-51A+2, ID-880 REF030C most times