cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

12 foot awning cover while stored

stacaz822
Explorer
Explorer
I have been looking on the Internet and Amazon for something to cover my recently replaced fabric awning to protect it from UV rays while stored. The best thing seems to be some long plastic pipe split down the middle long-wise, but they want over $100 for that...Just looking for something way cheaper that can be sacrificial for the AZ sun, like some awning fabric that just wraps around it with a zipper or some snaps. I couldn't find anything like that. Any ideas? Thanks! Maybe I just use my old awning fabric, trimmed, and wrap it around?
Stacaz
7 REPLIES 7

Lwiddis
Explorer
Explorer
Perfect until you need to store the gutter.
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad

MEXICOWANDERER
Explorer
Explorer
Black plastic has 10x the UV resistance. Leave a white plastic zip tie in the sun alongside a black plastic tie. Return a year later and see how the white tie has disintegrated. The carbon in the black-tie does not increase cost one cent.

bobsallyh
Explorer II
Explorer II
x2 on the rain gutter. We use a lot of that here in the park in Yuma and the Foothills. Just be sure to tie it to the awning shaft or awning rail so the wind won't grab it.

gbopp
Explorer
Explorer
Check Youtube, you should find several videos about making an awning cover from vinyl rain gutter.

stacaz822
Explorer
Explorer
Chris Bryant wrote:
Vinyl rain gutter.

Wow! Perfect suggestion! Thank you! (I keep forgetting that it connects to the camper at the top and needs a gap there. The gutter would be able snap into place and overlap the top where it connects to camper to keep the sun totally off the awning) Rain would easily drain out.
Stacaz

Lwiddis
Explorer
Explorer
Have any friends replacing their full RV covers? Use a cut piece. One side is usually ok.
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad

Chris_Bryant
Explorer
Explorer
Vinyl rain gutter.
-- Chris Bryant