cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

$1400 for new HWH pump system or $98 for a new motor?

D_E_Bishop
Explorer
Explorer
We have a 2002 Winnie and two days ago the motor died. I knew zip about the hydraulics and didn't want to learn any thing more. Which switch to push was good.

The mobile tech came out this morning just as I got the LR slide in. He checked the switches(solenoids and every thing was good there, so in immitation of dougrainer, he used a little percussive persuasion as I pushed and released the extend button. NADA.

Long story short, HWH no longer makes the same motor/pump/reserviour. Actually they never made the motor. I understand the whole warrenty thing a so they go for the new updated assembly, but I think I'll go with a new motor from HWH's o=iginal supplier.

Worse part about this is that I now know way too much about the system. It was kind of nice being dumb, now I'll have to fix the levelers and jacks if they brake down again.

Well thats my story and if it did'nt cost so much, I'd remain stupid.
"I travel not to go anywhere, but to go. I travel for travel's sake. The great affair is to go". R. L. Stevenson

David Bishop
2002 Winnebago Adventurer 32V
2009 GMC Canyon
Roadmaster 5000
BrakeBuddy Classic II
3 REPLIES 3

IB853347201
Nomad
Nomad
Just change out the motor. I had to do this on our 2001 Winnebago with HWH levelers and slides. System worked perfectly for years afterwards..
2010 Suncruiser

dougrainer
Nomad
Nomad
Over the years HWH has used about 10 to 15 different motors, depending on the application and as you mentioned, the supplier of the motor. You CAN take the motor OFF and take to a Alternator type rebuild shop and have it rebuilt. I do not understand your post. Did whacking the motor make it work? IS the system working now? IF whacking the motor worked, it will not last long. IF you take the motor apart, you will see the burnt melted parts of the armature and brushes. Usually on a failed burnt HWH motor, the stud/nuts where the 12 volt power wire connects is very loose and moves when trying to turn the nuts. And will show brown burn overheat marks. Doug

jerseyjim
Explorer
Explorer
Who is the original supplier?