cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

2005 Camelot, 12V goes on & off, ??? CHANGE OUT INVERTER ???

BobnSofi
Explorer
Explorer
Hi All,

we have a 2005 Monaco Camelot.

The 12V system is going out intermittently (complete loss of 12V power, AC is fine). We are plugged in continuously for many months.

When I checked this morning, the 12V was out. Several hours later it healed itself, and turned back on, all by itself. It is on right now.

Over the past few weeks, I started to notice that the water pump was turned off, which it does when the power goes out, and then turns back on (the water pump stays off). So my initial reaction is, it is getting worse. TIME TO FIX IT.

So, I'm thinking of just changing out the Xantrex RV2012 Inverter/Charger.

But, As I have learned over and over, best to get forum advise.

So, if changing it out is best, Change it out with what make/model Inverter/Charter (I like to do it myself).

So, if no change out, what next ????

If you have knowledge on this topic, please feel free to reply.

!!! Thanks In Advance !!!!
6 REPLIES 6

dougrainer
Nomad
Nomad
Curious, Is that NEW solenoid the same exact as the old solenoid? The reason I ask is, Intellitec has 2 solenoids. The one you purchased with the added small PC board and the standard solenoid that does not have the PC board. The other one is a lot cheaper. Doug

https://www.rvpartscenter.com/shop-by-categories/list2/electrical-12-volt/battery-isolators,-relays-...

BobnSofi
Explorer
Explorer
ok... for those whom follow... I took the advice from this forum, and tested the kill 12V solenoid (dead), and then purchased for a new one for about $62 on Ebay => KIB Electronics LR9806CBIP Battery Disconnect Switch WIRING & SERVICE ACCESSORY, aka the salesman switch, that solenoid that is controlled on switch on the dash, that cuts house power... by the way: that solenoid is located in the electrical box under the drivers seat exterior... Thanks for the advice folks!

a pic of new one freshly installed below

KIB Electronics LR9806CBIP Battery Disconnect Switch

dougrainer
Nomad
Nomad
1. You NEED to check your coach batteries. Check the water in them. Plugged in continously usually means the batteries are NEVER checked for water. They then boil dry, which makes the Inverter/Charger malfunction
2. The reason I say check the batteries is, when you have the 12 volt disruption, the Coach batteries should still be supplying power.
3. If they are empty of fluid, fill them until you can replace them. REPLACE then ASAP! The Inverter/Charger needs a GOOD battery supply to operate correctly.
3. IF the Batteries are GOOD, odds are your Battery disconnect solenoid is the problem. It is kicking in and out, which WOULD cause 12 volt power to be gone with good batteries and the Inverter/Charger operating correctly
4. Back to item 2. IF your Inverter/Charger was malfunctioning, IT would not cause the 12 volt power to go ON and then OFF and then back ON.
5. UNLESS the Inverter/Charger is NOT charging the Coach Batteries. BUT, the Xantrex Remote panel will show if it is charging the batteries. Doug

opnspaces
Navigator
Navigator
I found the manual online. Link
Once you find the inverter/charger there is a light that blinks codes depending on the fault present. See if the light blinks when the 12v power goes out.

Check your house battery, it might be boiled dry and dead. This could cause the charger to put out too much current trying to charge the dead battery and trip a circuit breaker. If so replace the battery and see if the inverter calms down.
2001 Suburban 4x4. 6.0L, 4.10 3/4 ton **** 2005 Jayco Jay Flight 27BH **** 1986 Coleman Columbia Popup

MEXICOWANDERER
Explorer
Explorer
TAKE IMAGES BEFORE YOU TOUCH ANYTHING

enblethen
Nomad
Nomad
Could be other issues.
Check the battery disconnect
Is there a circuit breaker in the main 12 volt distribution panel.
Does your rig have a converter or an inverter/charger? post make and model
You could install a 12 volt lamp on 12 volt output to show if it is truly loosing output or somewhere else in system.

Bud
USAF Retired
Pace Arrow

2003 Chev Ice Road Tracker