Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Adding a propane tank to my propane system

15-minute-sunbu
Explorer
Explorer
Hey there,
Any advice on how to easily add an additional propane tank to my motorhome? I've searched all over and the methods used to involve taking the outlet pipe apart and adding some type of splitter. I don't want to do that, I want a hose that will easily attach to the extra tank that I place on the ground. I would so appreciate any help.

Rusty
7 REPLIES 7

Dutch_12078
Explorer
Explorer
15-minute-sunburn wrote:
Fantastic guys, thank you so much for the direction. I just want to keep everything safe. These boards are great for a newbie RVr, now I just need to figure out how these boards work. I just purchased the "Stay Awhile" system and understand that I must tap into the system.
Semper Fi
Rusty

"Tapping in" is really pretty easy. Just unscrew the regulator's POL connection at the closed service valve, keeping in mind it's a left hand thread. Then screw in the Stay Awhile's POL fitting in it's place and the original POL into the Stay Awhile. All done except for connecting the hose to the Stay Awhile port and the portable cylinder.
Dutch
2001 GBM Landau 34' Class A
F53 chassis, Triton V10, TST TPMS
Bigfoot Automatic Leveling System
2011 Toyota RAV4 4WD/Remco pump
ReadyBrute Elite tow bar/Blue Ox baseplate

15-minute-sunbu
Explorer
Explorer
Fantastic guys, thank you so much for the direction. I just want to keep everything safe. These boards are great for a newbie RVr, now I just need to figure out how these boards work. I just purchased the "Stay Awhile" system and understand that I must tap into the system.
Semper Fi
Rusty

time2roll
Explorer II
Explorer II
So you want to attach a portable cylinder rather than a second permanent mounted tank?
I agree with the extend-a-stay connection mentioned above. People often rent a 100# cylinder for extended camping when more propane is needed. Smaller 20#, 30#, 40# work perfectly fine too.

And at some point you do need to tap into the propane feed line to use the propane in the RV systems.

CA_Traveler
Explorer III
Explorer III
Here's my setup with added shutoff valve for BBQ.

2009 Holiday Rambler 42' Scepter with ISL 400 Cummins
750 Watts Solar Morningstar MPPT 60 Controller
2014 Grand Cherokee Overland

Bob

Old-Biscuit
Explorer II
Explorer II
That hose connected to the extra Cylinder MUST connect to your Propane Line

Upstream before the Regulator....so high pressure from extra Cylinder is controlled by the RV Main Reg

Stay Awhile Kit, Extend a Stay Kit, Camco, Marshall Etc
Is it time for your medication or mine?

2007 DODGE 3500 QC SRW 5.9L CTD In-Bed 'quiet gen'
2007 HitchHiker II 32.5 UKTG 2000W Xantex Inverter
US NAVY------USS Decatur DDG31

enblethen
Nomad
Nomad
Extend a stay is the best way to go.
Very easy to install on most systems where tank is mounted on the outside of frame rails.
You disconnect the regulatory assembly from tank, add in the tess assembly.

Bud
USAF Retired
Pace Arrow

2003 Chev Ice Road Tracker

Lwiddis
Explorer
Explorer
eTrailer has a kit at....https://www.etrailer.com/Propane/MB-Sturgis/103615.html
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad