Did you mean:ย 

Advice for the best printer cartridge.

John28
Explorer
Explorer
Suggestions?
21 REPLIES 21

Y-Guy
Closing this old thread as the spammers seemed attracted to it and the OP was a spammer too it appears.

Two Wire Fox Terriers; Sarge & Sully

2007 Winnebago Sightseer 35J

2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon

Matt_Colie
Explorer
Explorer
John28,

Without knowing what printer, we can guess at best.
Information will get you better answers.

Matt
Matt & Mary Colie
A sailor, his bride and their black dogs (one dear dog is waiting for us at the bridge) going to see some dry places that have Geocaches in a coach made the year we married.

fj12ryder
Explorer II
Explorer II
bikendan wrote:
So a brand new member asks about best printer cartridges, on a RV forum. Sounds like a spammer to me.
If there had been a link I would have thought spam, but no link. So I'm thinking more like troll. Meaningless post just to generate posts.
Howard and Peggy

"Don't Panic"

jjrbus
Explorer
Explorer
We do a fair amount of printing, toyed with the generics, never tried refilling. Now use HP ink program. Pay by the month and they send cartridges when needed. Works well for us.

bikendan
Explorer
Explorer
So a brand new member asks about best printer cartridges, on a RV forum. Sounds like a spammer to me.
Dan- Firefighter, Retired:C, Shawn- Musician/Entrepreneur:W, Zoe- Faithful Golden Retriever(RIP:(), 2014 Ford F150 3.5 EcoboostMax Tow pkg, 2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255 w/4pt Equalizer and 5 Mtn. bikes and 2 Road bikes

fj12ryder
Explorer II
Explorer II
Way back when, the ink/toner actually ran out and you replaced the cartridges/toner, but now a lot of them just count the number of pages printed and decide that after X number of pages, it's time for new cartridges/toner. What a racket.
Howard and Peggy

"Don't Panic"

Beverley_Ken
Explorer
Explorer
Definitely printer manufacturer model dependant, or a generic specific model.
I've used the Costco refill service (now discontinued), but was warned that HP puts a chip in the cartridge, that makes the cartridge unusable after a time. Now I have a refilled cartridge that works and one that doesn't.
Next printer will have user refillable chambers.

Ken
2006 Winnebago Outlook 29B E-450.
2012 Honda CR-V AWD
Blue Ox Aventa LX tow bar and Brake Buddy Vantage.

wra
Explorer
Explorer
I learned a long time ago not to buy an ink jet printer. The ink is expensive. If the media gets wet, it is gone. Many people in a disaster lost their important documents and pictures. I am happy with a laser printer. It cost more up front, but is much less costly in the long run.

time2roll
Explorer II
Explorer II
opnspaces wrote:
When I had ink jet printers I was replacing cartridges every year or so at about $75 a pop. So unless you need color printing your return on investment is much better with laser.
Even a color laser is a good value these days. Choose a printer with separate color cartridges for best results. Separate Black, Blue, Yellow, Red would be minimum.

Campfire_Time
Explorer
Explorer
For my Canon IX6870 I buy my cartridges from Arthur Imaging. Every bit as good as Canon, excellent color for prints, and a fraction of the price. They sell compatible cartridges for several brands, but not for cheap ink jet printers.
Chuck D.
โ€œAdventure is just bad planning.โ€ - Roald Amundsen
2013 Jayco X20E Hybrid
2016 Chevy Silverado Crew Cab Z71 LTZ2
2008 GMC Sierra SLE1 Crew Cab Z71 (traded)

naturist
Nomad
Nomad
schlep1967 wrote:
I'd go with one that fits in your printer.

X2

opnspaces
Navigator
Navigator
Not what you asked, but if you are only printing black and white I would suggest changing the printer to a laser printer. The toner cartridges last a heck of a lot longer than an ink cartridge. Toner also doesn't dry out nor smudge when it gets wet.

I bought my brother laser printer in 2012 and with 4 kids in school the original toner cartridge lasted until December last year. It cost me $125 for an extended capacity replacement cartridge which I expect to last another 9-10 years.

When I had ink jet printers I was replacing cartridges every year or so at about $75 a pop. So unless you need color printing your return on investment is much better with laser.
2001 Suburban 4x4. 6.0L, 4.10 3/4 ton **** 2005 Jayco Jay Flight 27BH **** 1986 Coleman Columbia Popup

time2roll
Explorer II
Explorer II
I have a Dell color laser. I buy the overpriced Dell cartridges. Tried some low price cartridges with poor luck. Dell has been working great for 10+ years.

navigator2346
Explorer
Explorer
I'm using cartridges from here. Peach Tree Ink. They work perfect and are lasting longer than OEM stuff