cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Air Conditioner shuts off when slide is in

sra2ssgt
Explorer
Explorer
I recently purchased a 2020 Jayco 287BHS. I noticed today that the A/C wouldn’t come on until I put the slide room out and turned off when I put the slide back in. This is our first camper with a side slide...is this a normal feature or do I need to take it in to be looked at? I looked through my manual but didn’t see any mention of a cutoff switch or anything.
2020 Jayco Jay Flight SLX 287BHS, 2011 Dodge Ram 1500

Retired Air Force 2019
11 REPLIES 11

Bumpyroad
Explorer
Explorer
cavie wrote:
This is the first I have heard of this problem. There is no reason for the A/C to do that unless the A/C is directly over roof when it is in and for some reason they have a interlock system installed.

same here
bumpy

dougrainer
Nomad
Nomad
sra2ssgt wrote:
The A/C still works...just not when the slide room is in.

The thermostat is completely accessible with the slide in.

Waiting to hear back from Jayco Customer Service.

Jayco will be hard to hear from. They are short staffed due to Covid 19. I WORK and have worked for a Jayco dealer for 26 years. You need to get the unit back to your dealer to find the cause of your problem. Doug

sra2ssgt
Explorer
Explorer
The A/C still works...just not when the slide room is in.

The thermostat is completely accessible with the slide in.

Waiting to hear back from Jayco Customer Service.

Retired Air Force 2019

cougar28
Explorer
Explorer
cavie wrote:
This is the first I have heard of this problem. There is no reason for the A/C to do that unless the A/C is directly over roof when it is in and for some reason they have a interlock system installed.

Looking at the floor plan the a/c is directly about the slide when in. Also is the thermostat accessible when slide is in? Be strange for it not to be but they do strange things on rv’s.
2002 F-250 SD CC 7.3PSD Auto. XLT Short Bed 4X4 Off-Rd.Pkg.Highland Green,Westin Sportsman Grille Guard (Black) RBW Li'l Rocker Slider ,Prodigy Control Towing Jayco Eagle HT 30.5 MLOK,Handy 5er tailgate

CA_Traveler
Explorer III
Explorer III
Listen to Doug. My AC A/Cs are all controlled by DC.
2009 Holiday Rambler 42' Scepter with ISL 400 Cummins
750 Watts Solar Morningstar MPPT 60 Controller
2014 Grand Cherokee Overland

Bob

dougrainer
Nomad
Nomad
NOT NORMAL. There is no reason for the slide room to have anything to do with a roof top AC unit. Slides have 12 volt wiring that is junctioned under the slide room. It is probably the wiring that is being stretched and then relaxed. Killing power to the roof AC either 12 volts or 120 volts. Did the AC work when you picked up the unit and the slide was extended? Doug

sra2ssgt
Explorer
Explorer
As an option it didn’t seem to make sense. Guess I have a couple of phone calls to make tomorrow.

Retired Air Force 2019

kellem
Explorer
Explorer
On 4th trailer and never experienced this....warranty.

cavie
Explorer
Explorer
2011 Keystone Sprinter 323BHS. Retired Master Electrician. Retired Building Inspector.

All Motor Homes are RV's. All RV's are not Motor Homes.

cavie
Explorer
Explorer
2011 Keystone Sprinter 323BHS. Retired Master Electrician. Retired Building Inspector.

All Motor Homes are RV's. All RV's are not Motor Homes.

jdc1
Explorer II
Explorer II
Not normal. Mine works in or out.