cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Alfa See Ya Gold fifth wheel slide out motor lock? (2006)

tallpall888
Explorer
Explorer
Been years since I was under my unit looking at the slide out motors, but I seem to remember that if you wanted to manually move the slide there was some sort of brake that needed to be deactivated in order to do this.
I am having to open my rig in a Florida campground where there is no power to get my stuff out of it due to it being totaled by hurricane IAN. Pretty sure the batteries are dead but won't know til getting there next week.
I have done this trick manually years ago by using a socket wrench at the motor to slide this rack and pinion job out, but I don't remember if a brake was present and something had to be done to disable it.
Looking for a little help!
3 REPLIES 3

tallpall888
Explorer
Explorer
Thank you very much! Just what I needed! Ken

dougrainer
Nomad
Nomad
Click this link. It will show where the Slide Motor manual release brake is located. NOW, some motors have an electric brake with NO manual release. You can tell which of these is by looking at the wires to the motor. Manual release motors have 2 large(pos and neg) 12 to 14 gauge wires for the motor. Electric Brake motors have 4 wires. The 2 large wires for the motor and then 2 small (18 to 20 gauge) wires for the brake. To manually release this type you must supply 12 volt power to the 2 small wires. Doug

https://www.etrailer.com/RV-Slide-Out-Parts/Lippert/LC383741.html?feed=npn&utm_source=google&utm_med...