cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Aquahot issue

Teeshot1939
Explorer
Explorer
I had my Aquahot 450-DE annual service about 3 months ago. The unit starting shutting down randomly after the service..could be coincidental? Green diesel burner indicator light on wall panel switch, normally green when running, would go out. I shut off the switch and turned it back on and the aquahot would fire up. This procedure worked for about a week. Today it would not fire up but I could here the normal whirring sound it makes prior to igniting. After several attempts to get it to ignite I tried cycling off/on coach power to see if there was some type of reset. Now when I turn the diesel burner switch on I get nothing...not even the whirring should I had mentioned earlier. Electric element is working properly. Any ideas? thanks...
2 REPLIES 2

dougrainer
Nomad
Nomad
If it was working properly before the service, then I would suspect something done at the service caused your problem. MOST common item that would affect intermittent operation or NO operation on Diesel burner after the annual service would be they did something with the spark ignitor gap. Replacing the Fuel nozzle, you can easily disturb the correct gap and there is a tool mounted to the outer burner housing for verifying the correct gap. The gap should be checked AFTER the fuel nozzle is replaced. Also, when reinstalling the burner assbly, it is very easy to accidently hit the spark electrodes on the Aqua hot housing and cause a gap problem. Do you know what they ACTUALLY did on the annual service? Doug

Trainer
Explorer
Explorer
I have sent you a message. Trainer
1995 Foretravel U320 40'
Cummins M11 400HP Allison 4060R