cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Atwood Jack controller issue

BigWapiti
Explorer
Explorer
I know this topic gets been beaten and resolved pretty readily - sorry for a similar post but I can't find similar issues (you can feel free to point me to it if there is one, I spent the last hour looking).

Atwood Power Jacks on Lance Lite camper (this is NOT a self-leveling controller)
The jacks have been working great. I put the camper on last week w/o problem. This morning I tried to lower the jacks using the remote and every time I pushed the All Jacks button (up or down), I'd hear a click up front and the red light would go out. I turn it back on and can operate one jack at a time; one time it allowed two of the rears to go at the same time (but only once). If I try two of the fronts, it always shuts down. One at a time, I could raise and lower the camper back to the ground; never more than one jack at a time. It's a simple looking controller - just one light, always red. I read some have a green light - not this model.

The camper's factory battery gauge shows charging - the shore power is plugged in and hot. I'm going to go test the battery now - but I bought it last year.

Any thoughts or further ideas for me to check?
My truck: 1998 Dodge 2500 diesel, extra cab, long bed
My camper: 2004 Lance Lite 915
1 REPLY 1

BigWapiti
Explorer
Explorer
Well..... I cannot guarantee it - but I think it will serve as a good reminder that these jacks require 12v power to operate. Although the onboard batt gauge read full, I pulled the battery to give it a good check. Meter on the battery only read 11.7v. I checked water levels and it seems the dork who owns this thing (me), omitted that maintenance routine this year -- several cells took a lot of distilled water to get back to level. I have it back on the charger, but I worry it may be too far gone.

I'll check back and post again once I get this reconditioned or replaced - with that, I suspect and hope the jacks become fully operational again. sigh.

M
My truck: 1998 Dodge 2500 diesel, extra cab, long bed
My camper: 2004 Lance Lite 915