cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Awning LED light strip recommendations?

mileshuff
Explorer
Explorer
Need to replace the under awning LED light strip. Tons available on Amazon etc. Looking for recommendations from someone who has purchased and installed any of these.

Need a strip with flying leads to crimp/solder to existing wiring. Tried a strip from Camping World but it is very flaky. It has a 2 pin tiny connector with 1/8" long pins at end with mating connector that is much to flimsy for a reliable connection. It cannot be removed.
2014 Winnebago 26FWRKS 5th Wheel
2007.5 Dodge 2500 6.7L Diesel
2004 Dodge Durango Hemi 3.55 (Used to tow TT)
3 REPLIES 3

mileshuff
Explorer
Explorer
cooldavidt wrote:
Anyone have experience with cutting to the exact length needed? Or using the outdoor light as a peer source(12v)

Have to buy a strip designed to be cut. They'll have lines where you can cut, typically every 3 or so LED's.
2014 Winnebago 26FWRKS 5th Wheel
2007.5 Dodge 2500 6.7L Diesel
2004 Dodge Durango Hemi 3.55 (Used to tow TT)

cooldavidt
Explorer
Explorer
Anyone have experience with cutting to the exact length needed? Or using the outdoor light as a peer source(12v)

quadfifty
Explorer
Explorer
I just installed Rolightic awning lights that cost 28.99. This was a plug and play for my trailer. My rv was prewired for awning lights. It took me about 15 minutes. Factory wanted $120.00 plus freight for basically the same lights.