cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Bluetti inverter/batteries

DIVE2XS
Explorer
Explorer
I am ordering a new 5er. I am trying to match a inverter/ battery set up that will work for me.
I have heard from multiple sources about Bluetti, and the price on it doesnt hurt as much.
I dont have the specs on the 5er yet, but I do know:
1.I want the 5.5 onan lp generater.
2.I am thinking that I need to be able to support on batteries-2 cpap machines, a residential refrigerator,water pump, lights, tv, and furnace.
I know that the model Bluetti that I am looking at has a 30 amp output and 3kw inverter.
Just looking for ideas on what else that I need to have supported by batteries (watt hours).
I just want to know also a ballpark figure and what to look for on each item to get consumption.
I am not looking yet to install solar panels

thanks
2001 Suburban,8.1L engine, 4.10 rear end
2003 Holiday Rambler Presidental 32'
2 Honda 2000i generators
100 watt solar
Podogy Controler
10 REPLIES 10

jaycocreek
Explorer
Explorer
One thing to remember with these solar generators are the companies are fairly new and they do have issues..I know a guy that has a Jackery 1000 and part of the display does not work for output etc and there not wanting to fix it ....The Bluetti club on facebook is full of issues,some happy campers and some not so much..

Good luck in your choice
Lance 9.6
400 watts solar mounted/200 watts portable
500ah Lifep04

pianotuna
Nomad II
Nomad II
What one could do, is use a grid tied inverter system and feed energy into a hybrid load support inverter/charger.
Regards, Don
My ride is a 28 foot Class C, 256 watts solar, 556 amp-hours of Telcom jars, 3000 watt Magnum hybrid inverter, Sola Basic Autoformer, Microair Easy Start.

pianotuna
Nomad II
Nomad II
DIVE2XS wrote:
Thank you for your responses.
I forgot to mention a system that would also support one of the 3 air conditioners.

My actual figures for running a 13500 btu roof unit are between 1200 and 1900 watts. It starts out at the 1200 and the wattage increases as the heat and run time.

Let's pick 10 hours of run time at the minimum 1200 watts.

That means the solar would have to generate 12000 watt-hours.

12000/5 = 2400 watts of panels. To do that requires some sort of "wings" on all but the very largest of RV's.

In addition the batteries need to be recharged--because before 10 am and after 4 pm, not much energy will be harvested from the panels.

So that's another 4800 watt-hours.

4800/5 = 960 watts of panels.

Now the total panel wattage needs to get to 3360 watts.

At $1 per watt for the panels that's $3,360.00

four SiO2 would store the energy needed to run for the four poor solar hours. Currently they are about $600 each. That's $2400.00

3360 + 2400 = $5760.00

So while it is *possible* to do one air conditioner from solar, it is not economic to do so.

I've deliberately taken the low side of the estimate of power needed.

In 2009 I could run my roof air for about 3 hours. Then my (large by the day) 9100 watt-hour battery bank require recharging.
Regards, Don
My ride is a 28 foot Class C, 256 watts solar, 556 amp-hours of Telcom jars, 3000 watt Magnum hybrid inverter, Sola Basic Autoformer, Microair Easy Start.

DIVE2XS
Explorer
Explorer
Thank you for your responses.
I forgot to mention a system that would also support one of the 3 air conditioners.
I would like to look at A DIY system, But do not know where to find it and compare the costs and lay out of them.
I already have had 2 2000i's. But I want a generator that's built into the 5er and runs on the propane so that I don't have to pack different fuels.
We don't boondock that often. I wanna try the system alone being charged by the alternator and generator and perhaps adding panels later on.
2001 Suburban,8.1L engine, 4.10 rear end
2003 Holiday Rambler Presidental 32'
2 Honda 2000i generators
100 watt solar
Podogy Controler

pianotuna
Nomad II
Nomad II
BLUETTI AC300+B300 Power Station Combo $3,699 (about 3 kwh storage)

BLUETTI AC300+2*B300 Combo $5,797 (about 6 kwh storage)

It is a capable unit--but disastrously expensive.

In SiO2 with a 3000 watt inverter/charger, and a charge controller about 1/2 that price.

For the larger unit about 1/3 the price.
Regards, Don

Lwiddis
Explorer
Explorer
"Devices such as the Bluetti are extremely costly per watt hour of storage."

Very true and you need to determine how to recharge the Bluetti. Much easier to recharge "regular" house batteries with an 'on the roof' solar system. Lithium is my choice.
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad

jaycocreek
Explorer
Explorer
Bluetti has some impressive stuff as is this AC30 I assume your talking about...

Will Prowse seal of approval

I have a couple Bluetti products and am quite happy with them over other companies but there not for everyone,and there way more expensive than a DIY your own Lifepo4 system..They are having some issues with a couple of there newer systems so beware...
Lance 9.6
400 watts solar mounted/200 watts portable
500ah Lifep04

pianotuna
Nomad II
Nomad II
As SiO2 batteries can sustain 4 c continuous load, 2 would easily power an air conditioner.
Regards, Don

theoldwizard1
Explorer
Explorer
Just my opinion ...

Skip the built in generator. Get a portable generator. For the money you will save, you can afford TWO 2000W generators that you can run in series. (Buying two of them means that they are easy to carry with enough power still to run an AC.). They do make portable generators that run on propane.

You are paying a big premium for any kind of "packaged" solution, like Bluetti. 400Ah of LiFePO4 batteries and a good quality inverter/charge/automatic transfer switch (get rid of the converter/charger that came with your 5er) like a Samlex EVO-2212, and life will be smooth and easy. With 300Ah-400Ah of batteries, you can easily run the loads you mentioned all night.

If you want to run the AC off of batteries, you will need 600Ah-800Ah of batteries and a bigger inverter.

You still need solar panels and a charge controller. DC-DC battery charger means you can recharge your batteries while driving.

pianotuna
Nomad II
Nomad II
Hi,

Devices such as the Bluetti are extremely costly per watt hour of storage. It is generally better to use the "house batteries" on the RV with a good quality hybrid (load support) inverter/charger. My choice would be Victron or Outback.

This link may help: https://freecampsites.net/adding-solar/
Regards, Don