cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Broken Antenna head.

fj12ryder
Explorer II
Explorer II
I need some help, so anyone can chime in.

I have 2019 Grand Design Momentum, and somehow managed to break the head off the TV antenna. It's not one of the crank-up ones, but one of the smaller streamlined jobbies. It's a King Jack P/N 21058 Rev. B, but if I google that part number, I only get antennas that have a 12V connection. Mine doesn't have any connection except the coax coming down from the head, or rather where the head used to be. The housing mounted on the ceiling is just like the ones that use 12V, but it doesn't have the circuit board, and the LED's, and hence, no need for 12V.

I'd like to go back with the same thing so it would be easier to mount everything back on the roof, but I seem to be thwarted. Any, and all, help would be appreciated.

TIA
Howard and Peggy

"Don't Panic"
5 REPLIES 5

fj12ryder
Explorer II
Explorer II
Thank you for the suggestion, but have the replacement due in tomorrow. I like the low profile of the King vs the crank-up types. We rarely watch OTA anyway, but sometimes Peggy will, so I'll do some repair work. ๐Ÿ™‚
Howard and Peggy

"Don't Panic"

wa8yxm
Explorer III
Explorer III
It has a 12 volt connection INSIDE the RV

Suggestion is a Winegard Sensar IV.. It is a DIRECTIONAL antenna with at lest 2x the gain of the Jack.. When I say AT LEAST I mean often more. More gain. Longer range.

I coupled my Sensar IV with a Sensar Pro.. more gain, other features. More range.
Home was where I park it. but alas the.
2005 Damon Intruder 377 Alas declared a total loss
after a semi "nicked" it. Still have the radios
Kenwood TS-2000, ICOM ID-5100, ID-51A+2, ID-880 REF030C most times

fj12ryder
Explorer II
Explorer II
I found the problem and have a new one on the way. They sell two models that replace mine: one has the 12V signal booster, and one doesn't. Mine doesn't so I ordered that one with just one wire coming down from the antenna head, so when it gets here, I clean up most of the old sealant, put down the new antenna. I happen to have 4 tubes of new Alpha self-leveling sealant, so I'm ready!!

Thanks for all the advice and information. You guys are great.
Howard and Peggy

"Don't Panic"

MFL
Nomad II
Nomad II
I use a Jack antenna, that I mount to a pole attached to my ladder, when I need better reception, than my factory mounted omni style provides.

My Jack is 12v powered, and when operating, switched on, there is a 12v red indicator light on the underside of the head.

Yes, the jack is receiving it's power through the coax only, the one going to the head on roof.

Just get a new unit, replace what is on roof.

Jerry

rk911
Explorer
Explorer
does your antenna have a "booster switch" eitheron the wall or on the antenna's directional control? if so you have a 12v antenna.
Rich
Ham Radio, Sport Pilot, Retired 9-1-1 Call Center Administrator
'10 Jeep Liberty KK

& MaggieThe Wonder Beagle