cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Cabin air conditioner

Jonathonian
Explorer
Explorer
Me and my family are on the road staying at a friend of ours and the night before we had hooked up our rv (a 2000 ford maverick E450 triton v10) to his house for electricity due to our generator breaking on us. Everything was running fine until the following morning. I had gone to plug the cord back in to the house but as I went inside all of the other appliances where working fine except for the Air conditioner to the cabin, it has stopped blowing air completely yet the front air conditioner still works fine. I saw on previous forums that there are two separate compressors for the front and the back but this is my first motor home and I have no clue what the plethora of issues could be.
4 REPLIES 4

Tyler0215
Explorer
Explorer
Says an E450. That would be a class C.
Check all the circuit breakers.

wildtoad
Explorer II
Explorer II
Letโ€™s see hereโ€ฆ two ac units, extension cords?, plugged into what? The description of the truck is informative but not relevant. What type of RV? Travel Trailer, 5th Wheel? I suspect you trying to pull to much power from too little supply.
Tom Wilds
Blythewood, SC
2016 Newmar Baystar Sport 3004
2015 Jeep Wrangler 2dr HT

opnspaces
Navigator
Navigator
Is the air conditioner running and just not blowing cold air? Or is it not running at all? If you set it to just fan and no cooling does the fan come on and blow air out?

As Nickthehunter says check the circuit breakers you might have tripped one.
2001 Suburban 4x4. 6.0L, 4.10 3/4 ton **** 2005 Jayco Jay Flight 27BH **** 1986 Coleman Columbia Popup

nickthehunter
Nomad II
Nomad II
Did you check the circuit breakers (120V breakers, not the 12V fuses)?