cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Can I leave a 200 watt Renogy suitcase charger hooked up 24/7

Cherguin
Explorer III
Explorer III

We are new to the motorhome world and planning our first trip later this month. We have a 2018 Coachman Mirada 35KB and it came with a Renogy 200 watt solar charger which I plan to use while dry camping in Key West. My question is this:  Can I leave it hooked to the the battery 24/7 and just move it to track the sun all day or do I need to disconnect it every evening?

Thanks in advance for your help. 

Cherguin

SGW & DSM In Virginia
2018 Coachman Mirada 35KB
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

MNtundraRet
Navigator
Navigator

@Cherguin wrote:

We are new to the motorhome world and planning our first trip later this month. We have a 2018 Coachman Mirada 35KB and it came with a Renogy 200 watt solar charger which I plan to use while dry camping in Key West. My question is this:  Can I leave it hooked to the the battery 24/7 and just move it to track the sun all day or do I need to disconnect it every evening?

Cherguin

I don't see any problem using it that way. 

Mark & Jan "Old age & treachery win over youth & enthusiasm"
2003 Fleetwood Jamboree 29

View solution in original post

Grit_dog
Nomad III
Nomad III

Considering a 200W charger wonโ€™t do much to replenish any real daily use, certainly zero risk of any overcharging,  and that it will do nothing at night time, yes you can leave it connected 24-7. 

2016 Ram 2500, MotorOps.ca EFIlive tuned, 5โ€ turbo back, 6" lift on 37s
2017 Heartland Torque T29 - Sold.
Couple of Arctic Fox TCs - Sold

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Grit_dog
Nomad III
Nomad III

Considering a 200W charger wonโ€™t do much to replenish any real daily use, certainly zero risk of any overcharging,  and that it will do nothing at night time, yes you can leave it connected 24-7. 

2016 Ram 2500, MotorOps.ca EFIlive tuned, 5โ€ turbo back, 6" lift on 37s
2017 Heartland Torque T29 - Sold.
Couple of Arctic Fox TCs - Sold

Thank you very much!  Another question if you donโ€™t mind.  If I got a second 200 watt panel can I simply connect both of them to my house batteries separately?  By separately I mean both sets of alligator clips or circle lugs?  Both solar panels have their own battery controller.  

SGW & DSM In Virginia
2018 Coachman Mirada 35KB

MNtundraRet
Navigator
Navigator

@Cherguin wrote:

Cherguin

I don't see any problem using it that way. 

Mark & Jan "Old age & treachery win over youth & enthusiasm"
2003 Fleetwood Jamboree 29