cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

carbon foam batteries in Canada

pianotuna
Nomad II
Nomad II
http://azimuthsolar.ca/wp-content/uploads/2020/05/Life-Cycles-vs-DoD-of-Competing-Batteries-2020-PRE...

Moderator edit to increase size of image to forum recommended maximum width.
Regards, Don
My ride is a 28 foot Class C, 256 watts solar, 556 amp-hours of Telcom jars, 3000 watt Magnum hybrid inverter, Sola Basic Autoformer, Microair Easy Start.
28 REPLIES 28

pianotuna
Nomad II
Nomad II
GordonThree,

Another advantage of carbon-lead batteries is not having to get to 100% state of charge on every cycle. Of course, that is still desirable.
Regards, Don
My ride is a 28 foot Class C, 256 watts solar, 556 amp-hours of Telcom jars, 3000 watt Magnum hybrid inverter, Sola Basic Autoformer, Microair Easy Start.

GordonThree
Explorer
Explorer
pianotuna wrote:
GordonThree,

Not laying in the snow to check the electrolyte levels. I don't miss the flooded jars one little bit.

I've never checked the electrolyte in my Deka batteries. They're six years old now, sealed AGM. I suppose they could lose electrolyte if abused or a re-capture valve fails but...
2013 KZ Sportsmen Classic 200, 20 ft TT
2020 RAM 1500, 5.7 4x4, 8 speed

pianotuna
Nomad II
Nomad II
GordonThree,

Not laying in the snow to check the electrolyte levels. I don't miss the flooded jars one little bit.
Regards, Don

GordonThree
Explorer
Explorer
$200 for 1300 cycles or $800+ for 5200 cycles? What is the advantage?
2013 KZ Sportsmen Classic 200, 20 ft TT
2020 RAM 1500, 5.7 4x4, 8 speed

pnichols
Explorer II
Explorer II
MEXICOWANDERER wrote:
Everything I have has a likely lifetime warranty.

I think like that too ... now.

However, I didn't think like that 15 years ago - and that's when we bought a used car with around 38K miles on it at the time. We still have that car and it has over 195,000 miles on it.

It's transmission completely failed 5 months ago. The shop installed a new (or remanufactured) transmission in it for FREE. The charge for the transmission and labor would normally have been over $3600.

We received a great Christmas present from our repair shop! Was it based on a lifetime warranty ... who knows?
2005 E450 Itasca 24V Class C

MEXICOWANDERER
Explorer
Explorer
Everything I have has a likely lifetime warranty.

pianotuna
Nomad II
Nomad II
Phil,

5200 cycles to 50% =~14 years..... That would make me 86.
Regards, Don

pianotuna
Nomad II
Nomad II
GordonThree wrote:
Trying to visit the Sacred Sun battery website, I get this.

Sacred Sun wrote:

???? Web ??????????????????????????????????????????????

Edit huh, the forum appears to censor the Chinese language

GordonThree,

Try this? http://www.sacredsun.com/
Regards, Don

pnichols
Explorer II
Explorer II
pianotuna wrote:
http://azimuthsolar.ca/wp-content/uploads/2020/05/Life-Cycles-vs-DoD-of-Competing-Batteries-2020-PRE...

Moderator edit to increase size of image to forum recommended maximum width.

Well, Don ... for our part-time camping style ... around 1300 cycles at an average of 50% DOD for the DC series is plenty good enough for us (see the lower left graph of the four graphs on page 2 of 2) ๐Ÿ˜‰ : https://resources.fullriverbattery.com/fullriver-battery/external-media/brochures/dc-series.pdf

P.S. The graph I reference in the above link is better cycle life than the Li battery in my $850 smartphone ๐Ÿ˜ž !!
2005 E450 Itasca 24V Class C

philh
Explorer II
Explorer II
****, those are expensive

2oldman
Explorer
Explorer
wa8yxm wrote:
I know that trick but it pixelates and it does not help with teh color issue.
hmm.. I don't know what monitor or driver you have but mine doesn't do that.
"If I'm wearing long pants, I'm too far north" - 2oldman

Lwiddis
Explorer
Explorer
Piano, I agree. 5200 is great.
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad

wa8yxm
Explorer III
Explorer III
2oldman wrote:
Your 'magnifying glass' would be to click the link, or use ctrl +

I know that trick but it pixelates and it does not help with teh color issue.
Home was where I park it. but alas the.
2005 Damon Intruder 377 Alas declared a total loss
after a semi "nicked" it. Still have the radios
Kenwood TS-2000, ICOM ID-5100, ID-51A+2, ID-880 REF030C most times

pianotuna
Nomad II
Nomad II
Northstar also makes a partial state of charge lead based battery. The specs mention -40.
Regards, Don