cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change out thermostat

chiefward
Explorer
Explorer
I know this has been discussed before but I couldn’t find it..What is the easiest digital thermostat to replace the old dometic ones..I need something that will keep my trailer fairly comfortable. Now it’s either too hot or too cold unless get up and reset the thermostat.
2011 Fun Finder by Cruiser RV, model X210WBS
2017 Ram, 1500, Tradesman,
10,000 Equal-I-zer hitch
4 REPLIES 4

JimK-NY
Explorer II
Explorer II
It sounds like you have the wrong accumulator setting for your current thermostat. Check the user's guide or just make an adjustment to see if that fixes the issue.

At a minimum you can keep it for a backup when/if the new digital thermostat dies.

Dusty_R
Explorer
Explorer
Maybe the differential isn't set right on your existing T-stat. You have to know how much the control circuit draws.

chiefward
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks for the info. Just ordered one from Amazon. Should have done this to start with..
2011 Fun Finder by Cruiser RV, model X210WBS
2017 Ram, 1500, Tradesman,
10,000 Equal-I-zer hitch

QCMan
Nomad II
Nomad II
Dometic makes a digital that works well. Probably pricier than a big box thermostat but does not need a battery backup and the wiring is identical. The last two trailers got switched to the digital as soon as we got them as the analog one have way too much swing. Maybe 2 or three degrees swing and life stays comfy.

2020 Keystone Cougar 22RBS, Ram 1500, two Jacks and plenty of time to roam!
The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits. A.E.
Good Sam Life Member