cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Check light on fridge not working

NKnowland
Explorer
Explorer
Itโ€™s my understanding that the โ€œcheck light โ€œ on the fridge comes on when the fridge is set to โ€œgasโ€ but the propane is turned off.

I have noticed when set to Auto, the fridge will go to Gas and stay there โ€” with the propane off and NO check light comes on.

What to do? Does a light bulb burn out?
5 REPLIES 5

dougrainer
Nomad
Nomad
The CHECK light only comes ON when there is a failure of the LP flame to stay ON when required. NO OTHER FUNCTION. To test, turn the LP OFF and run on LP until the line bleeds out. Doug

PS see my response to your other post about needed info.

NKnowland
Explorer
Explorer
ksg5000 wrote:
When on "auto" the fridge should resort to AC if it's available. If no AC then it will revert to gas and the Check Light will come on if the gas fails to ignite. If you select "gas" and your haven't turned on the propane and you don't get a "check light" then something maybe wrong - light bulb or maybe bad board.

If it were me I would turn on the gas - select gas and then see what happens. Make sure the gas lines are purged - (turn on the gas stove). If that works then I would plug in the RV to AC and select auto - and see what happens.

- Gas on, select Gas, then gas comes on.
- AC on, select Auto, then AC comes on.
- Gas off, select Auto, select Gas, NO check light comes on

NKnowland
Explorer
Explorer
bgum wrote:
What? Is both auto and gas lit?
yes

ksg5000
Explorer
Explorer
When on "auto" the fridge should resort to AC if it's available. If no AC then it will revert to gas and the Check Light will come on if the gas fails to ignite. If you select "gas" and your haven't turned on the propane and you don't get a "check light" then something maybe wrong - light bulb or maybe bad board.

If it were me I would turn on the gas - select gas and then see what happens. Make sure the gas lines are purged - (turn on the gas stove). If that works then I would plug in the RV to AC and select auto - and see what happens.
Kevin

bgum
Explorer
Explorer
What? Is both auto and gas lit?